LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 103 users in the forums

Favorite 49er offensive lineman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since we are talking OL for this upcoming draft, I was curious as to who your favorite 49er lineman was. These guys are sometimes unsung heroes and are our blue collar workers. We win and lose because of these guys.
I'm having a hard time choosing. It's a three way tie between Sopolu, Barton and McIntyre. I used to love watching Guy McIntyre pull. He had to be the best in the league. Barton and Sopolu were also rock solid. Choices.
For sure Sapolu, but Barton was great as was Wallace.
Jesse Sapolu easily for me.

he's one of the reasons i'm a 9er fan.
Being from Hawaii, I am biased for Sapolu. Quillan and Fahnhorst were really good also. There were quite a few that were really good at what they did.
Kwame

Harris Barton
i wish there was an offensive lineman that i liked now that plays for this team
I wish that Jeremy Newberry didn't get hurt so much. He would have been good for a long time.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Being from Hawaii, I am biased for Sapolu. Quillan and Fahnhorst were really good also. There were quite a few that were really good at what they did.

Fahnhorst was a beast.
My favorite since I'm from Hawaii is Sapolu. I think it really solidified it for me when he played Center with a cast on and was hiking the bacll Lefty. He also wasn't the biggest guy so to do that with a cast and block a 300lb lineman deserves alot of respect IMO. I also met him a couple of times at charity events in Hawaii and he was pretty cool.

guy mcintyre
This guy was a Beast!

Jeremy Newberry was one my favorites.
I was in Niner fan in high school in the early 80's and I played center . . . so Fred Quillan . . . I even wore #56 in his honor.
Share 49ersWebzone