LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 226 users in the forums

OL Jonathan Cooper

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Staley now plays guard or what?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Three first-round guards, but still have gaping holes at guard.

Lol

What?

Laken Tomlinson
Joshua Garnett
Jonathan Cooper

1-2-3

Just rotate like pass rushers!
Throw him into camp mix type signing
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Still young, sounds like he's been hurt a lot. I don't mind it - more competition.
Originally posted by pd24:
What was his PFF grade?

Jonathan Cooper 67.0 #35 G
Brandon Fusco 76.0 #21 G
Laken Tomlinson 70.7 #32 G
Played extremely well against us last year, solid pick up. Would still like to see a guard drafted to replace Tomlinson
Originally posted by mayo49:
Still young, sounds like he's been hurt a lot. I don't mind it - more competition.

Yeah it kind of boggles me that he was a top 10 pick. But I think he has played much better every season. Sometimes you just need time to adjust to the nfl. Would be a steal if he starts at guard and does well.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Maybe he's better suited for the ZBS ????

Nah he sucks. Awful pass protector.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
IMO this makes me 70% clear that is Nelson falls to us we wont take him

Yeah... no that's not how it works. That's like saying if we re-sign Dumervil, we don't draft Chubb if he falls to us.

This
I hope they dont expect anything special out of this guy.

i remember he started off very good for the cardinals. then he broke his leg, play declined and it never came back up. Traded to Patriots who released him later that year and then went to the cowboys. Started for the cowboy at LG last year. Not sure how good he did.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cowboys/comments/85w98t/49ers_have_signed_guard_jonathan_cooper_formerly/

This is promising, at least. Cardinals fans say he sucks, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cowboys/comments/85w98t/49ers_have_signed_guard_jonathan_cooper_formerly/

This is promising, at least. Cardinals fans say he sucks, though.

I mean of course then do lol...7th rd pick bust for them. Not sure about scheme fit in Zona/Dallas was ideal, he did start for the cowboys for 13 games this past yr though.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Maybe he's better suited for the ZBS ????

Nah he sucks. Awful pass protector.

Training camp fodder??
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cardinals fans thought dude was the next Larry Allen. Huge bust.

He sucks for being top10 but is he serviceable considering what the 49ers currently have at Guard?

Cowboys and Cardinals ran power right?

Might be a much better fit here like Weston Richburg?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Cowboys and Cardinals ran power right?

Might be a much better fit here like Weston Richburg?

Hoping for this.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I hope they dont expect anything special out of this guy.

i remember he started off very good for the cardinals. then he broke his leg, play declined and it never came back up. Traded to Patriots who released him later that year and then went to the cowboys. Started for the cowboy at LG last year. Not sure how good he did.

Was part of the trade that sent Chandler Jones to the Cards, unfortunately.
And this.
Cooper started a career-high 13 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2017, playing between Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith and center Travis Frederick. He helped solidify the line after the Cowboys lost Ronald Leary to free agency last year to the Denver Broncos.

Cooper, 28, suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his knee during the season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles and had postseason surgery. The belief is he will be able to return to the field for organized team activities and the June minicamp.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone