LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 228 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

i watch alot of pride. I have most of pride on DVD.

Every one knows that the UFC has problems over 200 pounds. That is the best possible Shot for Pride to have taken out the UFC.

ITs not like Pride ROCKS over 200 pounds either. Their fighters are not as insane as they look.

Hell if the UFC let its 200 pound+ guys walk all over the 155-180 pound guys they would look like monsters too.

at 155-170 I think the UFC owns pride. They have way way to much talent right now.

Hell Nick Diaz would own Pride at that weight. ( course Diaz barley lost to Sherk or Payrisian both would have been draws by Pride standerds)

Haveing said all that...i still love pride. You feel closer to the fighters in pride then you do the UFC
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dshearn:
i watch alot of pride. I have most of pride on DVD.

Every one knows that the UFC has problems over 200 pounds. That is the best possible Shot for Pride to have taken out the UFC.

ITs not like Pride ROCKS over 200 pounds either. Their fighters are not as insane as they look.

Hell if the UFC let its 200 pound+ guys walk all over the 155-180 pound guys they would look like monsters too.

at 155-170 I think the UFC owns pride. They have way way to much talent right now.

Hell Nick Diaz would own Pride at that weight. ( course Diaz barley lost to Sherk or Payrisian both would have been draws by Pride standerds)

Haveing said all that...i still love pride. You feel closer to the fighters in pride then you do the UFC

The bolds are very true thats what alot fail to realize.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
CSAC: Baroni Positive for Two Types of Steroids Tuesday, July 03, 2007
by Josh Gross ([email protected])

Middleweight Phil Baroni (Pictures) tested positive for Boldenone and Stanozolol Metabolites, the California State Athletic Commission announced Tuesday afternoon. The 31-year-old from Long Island, New York has been fined $2,500 and suspended 365 days from the conclusion of his loss against Frank Shamrock on June 22 in San Jose. The final 51 days of that suspension will be fulfilled at the start of Baroni's next licensing year, should he decide to reapply.

"While we respect the process and intent of the test we are disappointed with the results as they are completely unexpected," said Baroni's manager, Ken Pavia. "Phil did not knowingly ingest these drugs, which we are told are veterinary in nature.

"We intend to exercise all rights that are afforded by the state commission and (CSAC Executive Officer) Armando Garcia."

Baroni joins Carter Williams, who was suspended six months and fined $1,000 following a positive test for cocaine, as the second fighter to test for banned substances following the Strikeforce/EliteXC co-promoted card.

"Phil Baroni feels that worse than any fine or suspension is the disgrace associated with the positive test to himself, his family and fans," Pavia said. "As such he asks that judgement be withheld until all facts are in evidence."

All other fighters on the card have been cleared by the CSAC.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Source: Penn to Fight Sanchez in August Wednesday, July 04, 2007
by Sherdog.com Staff

B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez have agreed to fight on the undercard of the heavyweight title fight between UFC champion Randy Couture (Pictures) and challenger Gabriel Gonzaga , Aug. 25 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, a source speaking on the condition of anonymity told Sherdog.com.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
by Sherdog.com Staff

B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez have agreed to fight on the undercard of the heavyweight title fight between UFC champion Randy Couture (Pictures) and challenger Gabriel Gonzaga , Aug. 25 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, a source speaking on the condition of anonymity told Sherdog.com.

Oh man that should be awesome! BJ is one of my favorites and Diego is no joke.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
by Sherdog.com Staff

He sure looked like a joke imitating Dancing with the Stars with Josh Koscheck!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
by Sherdog.com Staff

He sure looked like a joke imitating Dancing with the Stars with Josh Koscheck!!!

Seriously, dude was a complete joke in that fight. The All American wrestler was outboxing him, and he was so afraid to engage it was embarrassing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by binary:
by Sherdog.com Staff

Seriously, dude was a complete joke in that fight. The All American wrestler was outboxing him, and he was so afraid to engage it was embarrassing.

That was one of THE most s**ttest fights I've seen in MMA. Its like a little voice in his head was saying "stay away or else you'll be knocked the f**k out". Fight like that with BJ and he will own your ass!!! Don't get me wrong Diego is no chump, but seriously that was one of THE worst fights in MMA history!!!
I was disappointed in Diego's fight against Koscheck. Mainly cuz I hate Koscheck so much, but more so cuz Diego wasn't fighting like he usually does. When he fought Parisian, he was on top of his game. If he doesn't fight Penn the way he fought Parisian, Penn is gonna kill him.
So who do you guys got this weekend?

Ortiz vs. Evans - I say Ortiz
Sherk vs. Franka - I say Franka

SERRA

VS

HUGHES

Your new Ultimate Fighter coaches!!!
by Sherdog.com Staff

Yea but you can't base his whole career on one fight. The guy was 19-0 before that fight.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Got to go with my Mexican brother on this one and did you see Sherk on UFC all access, MAN that guy is a workout monster, that hot chick that spends all day with the fighters was blown away by his training
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Got to go with my Mexican brother on this one and did you see Sherk on UFC all access, MAN that guy is a workout monster, that hot chick that spends all day with the fighters was blown away by his training

Franka's got some crazy submissions and can take a punch, so I guess it'll come down to weather sherk makes a mistake or not. And you're talking about Rachelle Leah, super hotttttt. She's brunette now, but this is her.

Found this today on discussufc.com:

Sherdog.com — the same site that reported the potential showdown between BJ Penn and Diego Sanchez at UFC 74 earlier today — is now backing off its claim.

The fight will not happen … not on August 22, anyway.

Here’s the update:

“B.J. Penn’s camp informed Sherdog.com that the 28-year-old Hawaiian would not face Diego Sanchez in August, though the possibility wasn’t ruled out for a later date.”

According to the latest report, the Sanchez bout had not been offered to Penn for UFC 74. Furthermore, there is still the possibility that Penn remains at lightweight for his next bout.

That seems like the smart move, especially if “The Prodigy” does indeed score the winner of the 155-pound title bout between Sean Sherk and Hermes Franca this weekend at UFC 73.

Penn plans to announce his plans for the near future on his Web site — BJPenn.com — when a decision is made.

Of course we’ll keep you posted. But for now the tantalizing Penn-Sanchez showdown appears is something for which we will have to wait.

Don’t forget that Sanchez was rumored to be fighting Hayato Sakurai before this premature report emerged this morning. There’s no telling if that fight is still on, or, just more speculation.

What a bummer
Share 49ersWebzone