There are 517 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Originally posted by jcs:
This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

AA is not on a franchise deal with us -- Parrag is evil genius.
Buck is on a franchise deal with Indy tho -- 21/yr >> 17/yr

Franchise tag would have been around 17 million a year...it was a franchise level deal with a ton of guaranteed money.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
21 MILLION?!? GOOD GOD. No wonder we traded him. Absolutely LOVE Buckner. He's an All-Pro and a Pro Bowler, but there's no way we could afford 21 million and keep the majority of the others. WOW!!

That's the part people aren't getting.

If his contract demands were what they were, then the choice was already made for us.

We should be happy we got a 1st round pick from someone.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
What Solomon can do: suck ass. Cuz he's a garbage football player.

We all said that about Armstead this time last year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Easy decision.

When you really think about it, it came down to Buck wanting more money than AA.
Days like this are why its important to cash in titles when given the chance
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
Honestly that´s dumb but that ´s freaking ballsy in the same time.
It´s dumb because Buck is fantastic and such a great player. That´s a guy you want to build around.
At the same time 21 millions per year is huge huge money. And I love Buck to death but let´s be clear he´s no Aaron Donald or even Khalil Mack.
And I think that they see Bosa as the superstar of the defense as he really is actually.
So everything else is quite tradable.
The question is why keeping Armstead and not Buck? Well Armstead is cheaper first. Maybe Buck doesn´t want a Paraag ´s contract.
And there ´s this first rounder. It´s a 13th pick.
Javon Kinlaw could be there and he´s quite the prospect.
Jordan Love could be there and I get the feeling Shanahan regrets not listening his pal Simms on Mahomes.
And I´m like nope. They´re gonna draft Jerry Jeudy right?

I like that idea much better than relying on Solly for anything.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
21 MILLION?!? GOOD GOD. No wonder we traded him. Absolutely LOVE Buckner. He's an All-Pro and a Pro Bowler, but there's no way we could afford 21 million and keep the majority of the others. WOW!!

That's the part people aren't getting.

If his contract demands were what they were, then the choice was already made for us.

We should be happy we got a 1st round pick from someone.

Good trade for both teams.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Armstead @ $17M + 13th overall pick >>>>>>>>> Buckner @ $21M (and no Armstead)

I'm taking AA and 13th pick. I loved Buck but he is not worth anything even close to Donald money
They can definitely afford Sanders and Ward too if they want. Maybe even a couple others in FA which is why they were going after Hooper too.

Originally posted by Hopper:
Buckner is worth it. How much he was doubled benefited others.

This.

The quality of our D-Line has dropped dramatically.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by mrburkeyou:
I believe this was also done because lynch wants to see what Thomas can do playing inside at his natural spot

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

Defo was the only one with real trade value. Well be fine
You could have gotten a mid round pick for Solly and dropped his $9 million dollar cap hit and in the process resigned Buckner.

LOL. Solomon Thomas finally going to get to play 3T.

OH MY... PLEASE BE A CONTRACT YEAR TRYHARD, SOLLY!!
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 16, 2020 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Armstead for less made sense... but holy $h1t 21 million per... yikes

Buckner is worth it. How much he was doubled benefited others.

I feel like after all the cards were down it came down to either extending Buckner and play the guessing game with Kittle or trading Buckner for a high 1st rounder and being able to resign other pieces.

Even though Armstead got the contract, he had much less value in a tag and trade
Originally posted by crabman82:
Days like this are why its important to cash in titles when given the chance

True.

It'd have almost no sting.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Stud WR coming with that pick

Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs?

Now we can finally replace that bum Jimmy G
🙊
🤣
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Mar 16, 2020 at 2:11 PM ]