There are 225 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I also wasn't complaining about 67% of people not wanting to trade Jimmy. I was responding to someone who said "don't underestimate the Niner fan hatred of Jimmy." So I responded with the fact that 1/3 of respondents to my poll said they'd trade Jimmy right now. Which means we have A LOT of Jimmy haters.

If you are complaining that 1/3rd hate Jimmy....then you are also complaining that only 2/3rds LOVE Jimmy...me being one of the 1st in that 2/3rds.

Do I have the math and logic right,...or....?

You see what you just stepped into?

As you have stated things,...and since I'm the very first fan that told you I wouldn't trade him,...when do I get my official l Jimmy mug & sticker combo from you??

I mean I earned the damn thing, right?

The poll was an observation. I thought there was a much smaller number of fans who hated Jimmy so much that they would be willing to throw away this possible Super Bowl season just to get rid of him. I was wrong/ 1/3 "fans" being willing to trade him and roll with Purdy is insanity, and speaks to the idiocy of our fanbase.

My "complaints" are about illogical Jimmy haters. I had the same complaints (for different reasons) regarding Trey. I guess I just underestimated how many stupid fans we have.
I also wasn't complaining about 67% of people not wanting to trade Jimmy. I was responding to someone who said "don't underestimate the Niner fan hatred of Jimmy." So I responded with the fact that 1/3 of respondents to my poll said they'd trade Jimmy right now. Which means we have A LOT of Jimmy haters.

If you are complaining that 1/3rd hate Jimmy....then you are also complaining that only 2/3rds LOVE Jimmy...me being one of the 1st in that 2/3rds.

As you have stated things,...and since I'm the very first fan that told you I wouldn't trade him,...when do I get my official l Jimmy mug & sticker combo from you??

The poll was an observation. I thought there was a much smaller number of fans who hated Jimmy so much that they would be willing to throw away this possible Super Bowl season just to get rid of him. I was wrong/ 1/3 "fans" being willing to trade him and roll with Purdy is insanity, and speaks to the idiocy of our fanbase.

My "complaints" are about illogical Jimmy haters. I had the same complaints (for different reasons) regarding Trey. I guess I just underestimated how many stupid fans we have.

You're trying to dodge this one.

1/3rd hate Jimmy since they cant simply be draft lovers or anything,...they detest him.

But....you LITERALLY asked me a couple minutes before you started the poll, and I told you I'd keep him.

Doesn't that mean I Love Jimmy then? Yet you are calling me a hater anyway. AGAIN,...just using your own logial basis for this stuff.

1/3rd hate Jimmy since they cant simply be draft lovers or anything,...they detest him.

But....you LITERALLY asked me a couple minutes before you started the poll, and I told you I'd keep him.

Doesn't that mean I Love Jimmy then? Yet you are calling me a hater anyway. AGAIN,...just using your own logial basis for this stuff.
count me in as a jimmy lover also
They didn't draft a QB #3 overall in 2016 though. That is why they signed him then.

Now and then is very different.

Signing him is a Catch-22. KS knows his good traits and his bad traits,...and he decided he's ready to move on.

1) Performing god doesn't erase years of KS's experience with him, does it? If he looks to be performing well, others
should be more impressed than we are and would want him more.

2) If he performs in the way we naturally expect (UP and DOWN,...erratic at times, given the talent), then no plans change then either.

So whether really good or really bad,......or average....the signing doesn't make sense unless Trey's career is coming to an end.

👍
There should be a thumbs up and down for posts on this forum.. 👍 for all the sensible logical fair posts
👎 for all the non sensible ridiculous fake narrative nonsense posts.

The problem I had with your poll was that, hypothetically, someone could think very highly of Jimmy but assume the team is not in position to make the Super Bowl this season. Some of these reasons might be coaching, the run game, the offensive line, receivers not getting open, the secondary... etc. Or they believe the chance is so small, that the best way to increase our odds of winning a SB is by trading for 2 first round picks.

Somehow you continue to struggle to differentiate between someone who dislikes Jimmy vs someone who likes/roots for Jimmy but doesn't think he's good (or as good as you think he is).

There's too many variables in your question to assume that those who voted to trade Jimmy must have some sort of negative bias against him.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 2, 2022 at 2:32 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

So you're saying that the number of Jimmy haters is even greater than 1/3. I stand corrected.
So you're saying that the number of Jimmy haters is even greater than 1/3. I stand corrected.

Haha....

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

The problem I had with your poll was that, hypothetically, someone could think very highly of Jimmy but assume the team is not in position to make the Super Bowl this season. Some of these reasons might be coaching, the run game, the offensive line, receivers not getting open, the secondary... etc. Or they believe the chance is so small, that the best way to increase our odds of winning a SB is by trading for 2 first round picks.

Somehow you continue to struggle to differentiate between someone who dislikes Jimmy vs someone who likes/roots for Jimmy but doesn't think he's good (or as good as you think he is).

There's too many variables in your question to assume that those who voted to trade Jimmy must have some sort of negative bias against him.

Somehow you continue to struggle with the difference between not thinking Jimmy is that good versus saying that every loss is fault and every win he gets carried. You continue to defend people who blame clear drops on Jimmy's ball placement. And a host of other nonsensical "criticisms."

Somehow you continue to struggle with the difference between not thinking Jimmy is that good versus saying that every loss is fault and every win he gets carried. You continue to defend people who blame clear drops on Jimmy's ball placement. And a host of other nonsensical "criticisms."

Nice comeback

Ive never said that every loss is Jimmy's fault.

Or that every win he gets carried.

What else do you want to make up about me so you can deflect over and over?

I thought my criticism of your poll was valid. No comment?
Nice comeback

Lol ME of all posters agreeing with him before posting the poll should've been enough of a warning sign to just have taken the "L" and canceled the idea.

Some never learn.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 2:59 PM ]

• Furlow
  • Veteran

Nice comeback

You don't say that, but many do. And you defend them and/or piggyback off of their posts. As we've been saying for weeks now, just come out of the closet already and stop hiding behind other haters' posts.

I fall into that hypothetical group at the beginning of your post. I voted yes in the poll because I don't want to lose in the post season, and I think that is likely to happen with this team.

Relatedly, I'm not sold on Lance yet and would like to recoup some of the purchase price if possible so that, if he does fall short of expectations when given future opportunities, the team might be able to recover more easily.

Not sure if this means I hate both quarterbacks, love both quarterbacks, am racist, am not racist, am a true fan, am a fake fan, or any other label people might reach for out of convenience. It all blends together into one big cesspool of finger pointing on this forum.
Weird double post for some reason.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Dec 2, 2022 at 3:12 PM ]

Weird, if only someone said they saw this on film for years......but i guess it couldn't have been accurate, they're, "biased"
[ Edited by jonnydel on Dec 2, 2022 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

I fall into that hypothetical group at the beginning of your post. I voted yes in the poll because I don't want to lose in the post season, and I think that is likely to happen with this team.

Relatedly, I'm not sold on Lance yet and would like to recoup some of the purchase price if possible so that, if he does fall short of expectations when given future opportunities, the team might be able to recover more easily.

Not sure if this means I hate both quarterbacks, love both quarterbacks, am racist, am not racist, am a true fan, am a fake fan, or any other label people might reach for out of convenience. It all blends together into one big cesspool of finger pointing on this forum.
Share 49ersWebzone