There are 228 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
The biggest damn thing missing from Jimmy's career here is multiple 2-4 minute game winning drives, it's the last impression a QB makes in a game, and the important games become legend. See: Montana, Joe. That mystique is a lifetime badge.

It's like a "between the 20s" analogy. Jimmy's game is all meat and potatoes but he's given fans little in the "Red Zone" marquee category to be considered anything more than just average.
Would I count on him in a 4th dual?
The best QBs have that.
Otherwise stats and wins are all you got James.
he did his job

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he did his job

So does the punter.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
The biggest damn thing missing from Jimmy's career here is multiple 2-4 minute game winning drives, it's the last impression a QB makes in a game, and the important games become legend. See: Montana, Joe. That mystique is a lifetime badge.

It's like a "between the 20s" analogy. Jimmy's game is all meat and potatoes but he's given fans little in the "Red Zone" marquee category to be considered anything more than just average.
The best QBs have that.

He's had 11 game-winning drives for us, if I remember right. In 2019 he was tied for 2nd in the league.

Last year instead of getting credited for those he was called, "the arsonist and the firefighter".

The best QBs have that.

There's a lot of truth in what you say. It's like a boxer turning it on in the last 30 seconds to steal a round in the eyes of the judges. Jimmy has had some game winning drives but they've mostly been short passes to Deebo or Kittle who have made big plays and gotten the team into FG range. There haven't been a lot of those memorable TD passes in the last 30 seconds that won the game. Those are the plays that stick with you. To be fair, some of that is because of the style of offense that Kyle runs.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The best QBs have that.

There's a lot of truth in what you say. It's like a boxer turning it on in the last 30 seconds to steal a round in the eyes of the judges. Jimmy has had some game winning drives but they've mostly been short passes to Deebo or Kittle who have made big plays and gotten the team into FG range. There haven't been a lot of those memorable TD passes in the last 30 seconds that won the game. Those are the plays that stick with you. To be fair, some of that is because of the style of offense that Kyle runs.

Just gonna leave this

How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:

The best QBs have that.

He's had 11 game-winning drives for us, if I remember right. In 2019 he was tied for 2nd in the league.

Last year instead of getting credited for those he was called, "the arsonist and the firefighter".

Jimmy has to play well, and have the team be losing, and then lead them to victory, in order for it to count as a comeback win.

Jimmy haters
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

I dont think anyone is negating the fact that Jimmys ability is more of a nickel and dime approach.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CainanUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVGVt9VBKc

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

I think we already HAVE our quarterback.

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

Great video. Interesting that Mahomes and Burrow are 2nd and 3rd behind Jimmy in YAC, yet neither are accused of getting carried.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TD49ers:

I dont think anyone is negating the fact that Jimmys ability is throwing dimes.

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.
Defense in the second half is saving our season

We actually are luck he is our back up QB. Good job for Shanylynch. No arguement.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Defense in the second half is saving our season

Oh ya.
Originally posted by CainanUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVGVt9VBKc

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

I think we already HAVE our quarterback.

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

Great video. Interesting that Mahomes and Burrow are 2nd and 3rd behind Jimmy in YAC, yet neither are accused of getting carried.

Maybe because they are also great at passing the ball down field too...
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Dec 3, 2022 at 9:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone