There are 189 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

Imagine fans not understanding that QB play HELPS the defense. Stressing the word HELP, which doesn't imply ALL of the credit. Reading comprehension matters, if you don't have an agenda to push, of course.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

I dont think anyone is negating the fact that Jimmys ability is throwing dimes.

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.
Defense in the second half is saving our season

Those dimes on 3rd down and long to keep the defense off the field and able to rest are helping the defense play better. QB's who pick up 3rd downs inspire the defense (as a former defensive back I can attest to this).
Not the last game, speaking as a former player and current coach

Jimmy converted multiple 3rd downs that extended drives last game. And you do not coach nor have you played lol stop it. Your understanding of football is remedial at best.
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

I don't think anyone is giving 'all' the credit. QB is a very important position. The record with good QB play and not good QB play under Shanny speaks for itself. With Purdy as QB2 we are having a Rams type season right now. Lost year. We needed JG to enjoy this season.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVGVt9VBKc

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

I think we already HAVE our quarterback.

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

Great video. Interesting that Mahomes and Burrow are 2nd and 3rd behind Jimmy in YAC, yet neither are accused of getting carried.

Maybe because they are also great at passing the ball down field too...

I know, I know, Sportscenter Top 10 highlights and fantasy football stats = good QB play.

You really are clueless

Goatie has some competition

Yes I'm "clueless" because I don't blindly wish we had Mahomes or Burrow, and simultaneously 💩 on our QB because he's not them.

Perhaps I just appreciate our QB who has been very good and gotten us super close to winning it all. Perhaps I see the potential of him and our team and choose to root for them rather than "criticize" them for every little thing.

Go Jimmy, go Niners!

FAN or NO FAN of Grappy... even Shanny knows he can't win w/PURDY " The Boy Wonder " !!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I don't think anyone is giving 'all' the credit. QB is a very important position. The record with good QB play and not good QB play under Shanny speaks for itself. With Purdy as QB2 we are having a Rams type season right now. Lost year. We needed JG to enjoy this season.

NO ONE is giving Jimmy all of the credit. There are simply fans who see that his contribution has been extremely positive and he HELPS us win games. He HELPS the defense play better by converting third downs and keeping the defense off the field and fresh. He's a great teammate and leader, and his teammates love him.

The "criticism" is nitpicky b******t in my opinion. And the comparisons to other QB's is asinine as we have no chance at having or getting those QB's right now.

Some of us want to enjoy and appreciate each season and our team/QB. Others want to tear it down and be negative. Is what it is, but I'll never understand the constant negativity surrounding a player who contributes so much to the team and fans.
[ Edited by Furlow on Dec 3, 2022 at 10:37 AM ]
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.

Reading this re posted, you edited my post. Pretty slimy.

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

Yes because the only options are criticize him for every little thing or say he's the GOAT smh. Maybe just accept that he's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good and we can absolutely win the Super Bowl with him?

Call me crazy but sports and rooting for a team is supposed to be fun and entertain us as fans. There is obviously also an emotional component that is fueled by the effort and personalities of the players and team. Jimmy's physical attributes and decision making can be criticized for sure, but to minimize his contribution to the team and fans as only that is shallow and short sighted. Many of you have missed out on some amazing moments during this run because you're obsessed with having a certain "blueprint" at QB and think that if we don't win the Super Bowl that the season was a "failure." Neither life nor sports are that binary. Y'all do you, but I'll keep seeing my glass as half full.

Did you know you can be critical and supportive at the same time. When you call Jimmy the GOAT that is offensive to the 49ers alums that have come before him and it removes any creditability you may have had. We all as 49ers fans should cheer for him and enjoy the ride. I will be ecstatic if we win a SB with Jimmy. I dont care about next year at this point but you never show any ability to be critcal, the over the top support is obnoxious. Yes, I probably could take the edge off my point of view but your ridiculous views make it hard thus fueling the constant barbs. Jimmy should get some credit fior the teams success, he is our QB and he has made some plays but again Jimmy does everything point of view makes it harder to acknowledge.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

Yes because the only options are criticize him for every little thing or say he's the GOAT smh. Maybe just accept that he's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good and we can absolutely win the Super Bowl with him?

Call me crazy but sports and rooting for a team is supposed to be fun and entertain us as fans. There is obviously also an emotional component that is fueled by the effort and personalities of the players and team. Jimmy's physical attributes and decision making can be criticized for sure, but to minimize his contribution to the team and fans as only that is shallow and short sighted. Many of you have missed out on some amazing moments during this run because you're obsessed with having a certain "blueprint" at QB and think that if we don't win the Super Bowl that the season was a "failure." Neither life nor sports are that binary. Y'all do you, but I'll keep seeing my glass as half full.

Did you know you can be critical and supportive at the same time. When you call Jimmy the GOAT that is offensive to the 49ers alums that have come before him and it removes any creditability you may have had. We all as 49ers fans should cheer for him and enjoy the ride. I will be ecstatic if we win a SB with Jimmy. I dont care about next year at this point but you never show any ability to be critcal, the over the top support is obnoxious. Yes, I probably could take the edge off my point of view but your ridiculous views make it hard thus fueling the constant barbs. Jimmy should get some credit fior the teams success, he is our QB and he has made some plays but again Jimmy does everything point of view makes it harder to acknowledge.

I never called Jimmy the goat, that was Goatie and he said he needed a 30 day timeout for his comments. He's as bad as Chillin with his nonstop bashing that none of the Jimmy detractors never call out (except SWH).

Honestly no clue who you're referring to because I have no problem critiquing aspects of Jimmy's play. The missed TD to Aiyuk against Arizona is one that comes to mind. High passes on some screens that put our WR's in harm's way are another. Also think he needs to push back against Shanny more and make certain decisions on his own. But most "criticism" in here is outlandish and over the top. Totally unnecessary and does not facilitate rational conversation at all.

NO ONE is giving Jimmy all of the credit. There are simply fans who see that his contribution has been extremely positive and he HELPS us win games. He HELPS the defense play better by converting third downs and keeping the defense off the field and fresh. He's a great teammate and leader, and his teammates love him.

The "criticism" is nitpicky b******t in my opinion. And the comparisons to other QB's is asinine as we have no chance at having or getting those QB's right now.

Some of us want to enjoy and appreciate each season and our team/QB. Others want to tear it down and be negative. Is what it is, but I'll never understand the constant negativity surrounding a player who contributes so much to the team and fans.
Same can be said on the opposite side, like this very topic

you couldn't take a defense compliment without making it out about jimmy is the reason why the defense is shutting teams out in the second half. The very last game proves your point about 3rd downs incorrect

Only contribution that matters is winning the ****ing Super Bowl.

I'm glad we have a good QB but if he will be a liability in the playoffs like he has shown he is, IDGAF about whatever contributions you are referring to. His playoff shortcomings are not "nitpicky b******t" - hope he can turn a corner and not be mediocre in the biggest of moments when it matters. Add to that his play is not exciting to watch and the offense under him is the opposite of explosive and rather pedestrian, and ummm yeah we are done with him.

I do appreciate that this season would be lost without him remaining on the roster since Lance went down. I'll say thank you again on his way out in a couple months and looking forward to watching Lance be our starter as he already is.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

you couldn't take a defense compliment without making it out about jimmy is the reason why the defense is shutting teams out in the second half. The very last game proves your point about 3rd downs incorrect

You weren't just "complementing the defense." You were giving the defense ALL of the credit for our recent wins. In the Jimmy thread. Then accused me of giving all the credit to Jimmy when I merely said he helped the defense lol.

The straw man arguments spewed by the Jimmy detractors are pathetic at this point.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Only contribution that matters is winning the ****ing Super Bowl.

I'm glad we have a good QB but if he will be a liability in the playoffs like he has shown he is, IDGAF about whatever contributions you are referring to. His playoff shortcomings are not "nitpicky b******t" - hope he can turn a corner and not be mediocre in the biggest of moments when it matters. Add to that his play is not exciting to watch and the offense under him is the opposite of explosive and rather pedestrian, and ummm yeah we are done with him.

I do appreciate that this season would be lost without him remaining on the roster since Lance went down. I'll say thank you again on his way out in a couple months and looking forward to watching Lance be our starter as he already is.

Not sure if you're old enough to remember the glory years but I am. Of course the years that we won the Super Bowl were great, but that doesn't make the other years failures. It takes a lot to win a championship. Hell it takes a lot just to win a playoff game. Or even make the playoffs. Jimmy has contributed to all of that. You're missing out, brother. 2019 and 2021 were magical playoff runs and 2022 is shaping up to be as well. You can embrace it or create a mental/emotional trap for yourself that it's "Super Bowl or bust." One of those viewpoints adds positivity to your life no matter what; the other limits you to only one outcome that's positive. Choose.

You weren't just "complementing the defense." You were giving the defense ALL of the credit for our recent wins. In the Jimmy thread. Then accused me of giving all the credit to Jimmy when I merely said he helped the defense lol.

The straw man arguments spewed by the Jimmy detractors are pathetic at this point.
The defense shutting out offenses should get all the credit lol

and for the record I didn't accuse you, you said it yourself

Yeah. Without JG, we are most likely looking at another losing season under Shanny.

Regardless of what some of us think of Jimmy, without him, this season could and would have been a disaster.

I never called Jimmy the goat, that was Goatie and he said he needed a 30 day timeout for his comments. He's as bad as Chillin with his nonstop bashing that none of the Jimmy detractors never call out (except SWH).

Honestly no clue who you're referring to because I have no problem critiquing aspects of Jimmy's play. The missed TD to Aiyuk against Arizona is one that comes to mind. High passes on some screens that put our WR's in harm's way are another. Also think he needs to push back against Shanny more and make certain decisions on his own. But most "criticism" in here is outlandish and over the top. Totally unnecessary and does not facilitate rational conversation at all.

And thats the deal. Both sides of the Jimmy spectrum have gone to the extreme at times thus creating an illogical discussion. Its hard to listen when the points of view can be over the top. I will say it again, I hope really hope Jimmy plays well the rest of the season and wins it all. At that point we can then debate the path forward between him and TL. Lets just stop with Jim just wins (implying he does everything) , GOAT and as good as Allen/ Mahomes BS.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Dec 3, 2022 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Yeah. Without JG, we are most likely looking at another losing season under Shanny.

Regardless of what some of us think of Jimmy, without him, this season could and would have been a disaster.
No one would disagree with that, that wasn't the point of discussion
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 3, 2022 at 11:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone