Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
Field Yates just said on PMT that he 100% believes they made the trade to draft Mac Jones then he actually thinks they were swayed by online negativity.

I believe that to be the case as well and that is even worse than completely missing on Lance. Shows they don't have enough conviction.

I agree with this, Lynch did catch some backlash about having interest in Mac Jones after the trade up.

This thread man. People actually believe Kyle/Lynch made the biggest draft pick of their careers based on Twitter feedback? Categorically absurd.

You seriously don't think it had some impact?? I'm not saying that's how they came to the conclusion to draft Lance, I'm saying that it probably had some affect. After all you are drafting this QB to be the face of the franchise. Sure they may not care what's being said on blogs and message boards but they do listen to what's being said on the radio.
Just cause they heard it doesn't mean it impacted

True, but its just what I believe.
all good. I saw that we scouted Zach Wilson hard and right after he had a great proday. we traded up.

I believe we traded up for Zach, but tipped our hand to the jets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
The bigger impact was Mac Jones was a mediocre talent propped up by a bunch of 1st round receivers. You don't trade 3 1sts for that. Shouldn't even take that in first round.

At time I said there is a Mac Jones in every draft. Low and behold the 9ers found one that was even better at Mr. Irrelevent.

Drafting Mac Jones would have been worse because he would have been just good enough for Kyle to not look elsewhere(Which means no Brock) but not good enough to win you a championship.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
Field Yates just said on PMT that he 100% believes they made the trade to draft Mac Jones then he actually thinks they were swayed by online negativity.

I believe that to be the case as well and that is even worse than completely missing on Lance. Shows they don't have enough conviction.

I agree with this, Lynch did catch some backlash about having interest in Mac Jones after the trade up.

This thread man. People actually believe Kyle/Lynch made the biggest draft pick of their careers based on Twitter feedback? Categorically absurd.

You seriously don't think it had some impact?? I'm not saying that's how they came to the conclusion to draft Lance, I'm saying that it probably had some affect. After all you are drafting this QB to be the face of the franchise. Sure they may not care what's being said on blogs and message boards but they do listen to what's being said on the radio.
Just cause they heard it doesn't mean it impacted

True, but its just what I believe.
all good. I saw that we scouted Zach Wilson hard and right after he had a great proday. we traded up.

I believe we traded up for Zach, but tipped our hand to the jets

That's a pretty good theory too.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Drafting Mac Jones would have been worse because he would have been just good enough for Kyle to not look elsewhere(Which means no Brock) but not good enough to win you a championship.

Eh I think you take Brock there no matter what. Don't think Trey or Jimmy had any bearing on him. It's a flyer with the last pick in draft.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
The bigger impact was Mac Jones was a mediocre talent propped up by a bunch of 1st round receivers. You don't trade 3 1sts for that. Shouldn't even take that in first round.

At time I said there is a Mac Jones in every draft. Low and behold the 9ers found one that was even better at Mr. Irrelevent.

Mac Jones is good enough to not loose you a game, with enough talent around him he would be fine. I have seen almost all his games on the Pats and he has talent. Might not be a dude who can elevate his team...but he is an NFL QB.

I pretty much can't stand the dude, hate his personality and am much happier to try and fail with Lance...a dude I can root for....then Mac Jones...a dude I despise.

There are very few dudes who have shown as much as Brock has in his first...what?....8 starts?

I think the guy earlier that said you can draft a Mac Jones in every draft....kinda hit the nail on the head. That is much closer to the truth than it is to being a generalized.

Mac....might......mighhhhtttt....have a higher ceiling than that....but he looks like a stable NFL mid tier QB, and if you get them enough talent they can produce good numbers.....I dont think the guy is much of a floor raiser though. I think Mac needs a Randy Moss or some other historically good weapon.
Brock is playing like a top overall pick

What a throw to Aiyuk OVER Patrick friggn Peterson.

I can't say that Trey would've beasted like that. He would've ran it instead.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Sep 10, 2023 at 10:50 AM ]
  • zero
  • Veteran
Brock's performance should all but kill off any remaining Trey Truthers left. Welcome aboard the BCB train, and thank god we have a legitimate QB1
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Mac Jones is good enough to not loose you a game, with enough talent around him he would be fine. I have seen almost all his games on the Pats and he has talent. Might not be a dude who can elevate his team...but he is an NFL QB.

I pretty much can't stand the dude, hate his personality and am much happier to try and fail with Lance...a dude I can root for....then Mac Jones...a dude I despise.

There are very few dudes who have shown as much as Brock has in his first...what?....8 starts?

I think the guy earlier that said you can draft a Mac Jones in every draft....kinda hit the nail on the head. That is much closer to the truth than it is to being a generalized.

Mac....might......mighhhhtttt....have a higher ceiling than that....but he looks like a stable NFL mid tier QB, and if you get them enough talent they can produce good numbers.....I dont think the guy is much of a floor raiser though. I think Mac needs a Randy Moss or some other historically good weapon.

Andy Dalton 2.0. What he's always been.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 10, 2023 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I always said Brock came in last year and played like a 3rd Round pick and Trey played like the last round pick. Trey was never NFL ready and it showed from the start. He has a good arm for throwing deep but lacks the accuracy, fast release for the short game and is not good at reading the defense. How people thought he could come in, replace Jimmy G and take us to the Super Bowl had rocks in their heads. Trey was never at JGs level. Not even close. I doubt he will get an opportunity to start in the NFL again.
Wishing Trey the best but where are Trey > Purdy fans at? Trey had his opportunity. Even in practice and preseason couldn't put it together. Every practice there were big concerns. Purdy is just so cool in the pocket. Don't think Trey could do what Purdy did. I would have liked Trey as backup QB 2 but I'm not the coach. Can Niner fans finally come together?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Um.. this was right before halftime from like the 40 yard line I think.

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 10, 2023 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
I always said Brock came in last year and played like a 3rd Round pick and Trey played like the last round pick. Trey was never NFL ready and it showed from the start. He has a good arm for throwing deep but lacks the accuracy, fast release for the short game and is not good at reading the defense. How people thought he could come in, replace Jimmy G and take us to the Super Bowl had rocks in their heads. Trey was never at JGs level. Not even close. I doubt he will get an opportunity to start in the NFL again.

And now Purdy looks to be vastly surpassing both Trey and Jimmys levels.
Brock and Jimmy looked great

everyone wanted to replace them both with Lance because he was the higher pick and while Brock and Jimmy both won Trey is the3rd stringer in Dallas and was inactive (doesn't surprise me much since he just joined the team) but as a narrative its kind of funny
Originally posted by zero:
Brock's performance should all but kill off any remaining Trey Truthers left. Welcome aboard the BCB train, and thank god we have a legitimate QB1

Nah, they won't stop
Share 49ersWebzone