There are 167 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we can keep Dallas under 14 pts I'll be impressed.
I took a look at the good and not so good from the defense

https://youtu.be/iJT2zo0pgS8
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
This might be the game we alow Wilks to show what he can do with blitz packs

I tend to agree, and I'll just add that Wilks has to coach up our DB's to be better than they have ever been. That's what Kocurek and Foerster does for their respective squads. Personally, I hope he's found some diamonds in the rough in Jaier Brown and Darrell Luter.

If teams are going to do quick passes against this team, might as well go dime and dare them to run the ball. This is where Wilk's blitz packs might be useful. Not for defending the pass - but stopping the run.
Masterpiece
Yeah... I've been a critical at times(not hating just thought this defense was boring)but tonight is what we've been looking for. That was fantastic.
Wilks shut us all up.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Wilks shut us all up.

AH told you all he was good !! AH told yah'll !!

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
If we can keep Dallas under 14 pts I'll be impressed.

Be impressed
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Wilks shut us all up.

not me I'll keep talking about how he's great
Man I can't even imagine what we'll look like with Gregory if he's the guy on the field he was known to be before the issues in Denver, and provided we stay healthy.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 8, 2023 at 8:47 PM ]

Great job tonight, Wilks. I always liked his hire. He also gets another new toy tomorrow. He must be thrilled. D had a damn good game, one of their best performances this year, keep up the growth!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Great job tonight, Wilks. I always liked his hire. He also gets another new toy tomorrow. He must be thrilled. D had a damn good game, one of their best performances this year, keep up the growth!

I had issues with a couple of of his third down play calls.

but how can you argue with 10 points?
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I had issues with a couple of of his third down play calls.

but how can you argue with 10 points?

we are five games in and they've played really well - I still think there is an adjustment and he's learning what works and doesn't - where our guys thrive and all that. I think hes done a really good job adjusting and growing.

I still hope we pick up a slot corner but its exciting with Gregory coming in.
So......do we still want this guy fired?
Imo he is still playing the defense very conservative/ basic and they are still insane. Once he starts attacking more and getting creative. Look out.
Share 49ersWebzone