There are 164 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fix the OL you jackass
Originally posted by YACBros85:
When we generate pressure QB's have an average of 3.0 seconds to get rid of the ball. Which is #1 in the league. Our coverage can't even hold up for 3 seconds.

Thank God our DC has a reputation for having good coverages.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
When we generate pressure QB's have an average of 3.0 seconds to get rid of the ball. Which is #1 in the league. Our coverage can't even hold up for 3 seconds.

Thank God our DC has a reputation for having good coverages.

HEEEEY OH!!! You'll be here all week right?? Lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
Fix the OL you jackass

You can't spell LOL without OL.
With Purdy out let's go trade for Cousins
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Oct 25, 2023 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
So would trading for Johnson or even 🤞 Surtain even make a difference if we have Wilks bumbling his way through the season? Maybe it's time to pray there's an O lineman out there who could contribute, even if it's just depth.

Who knows. All I know is they need help and every little move helps!!!

I just want Lynch to pull a Trey Lance type-trade without the Trey Lance!!! Go balls out make a damn splash!!!!

I would love Johnson. I don't think either guy is realistic though.

Benjamin St-Juste has been good for a couple years now in DC. He's having a quality yr right now and fits the scheme. Wouldn't cost us a "Trey lance" type of trade.

If wilks is gonna be aggressive and blitz as much as he has, we need sticky DBs on the outside. He can do that. Ward for the most part has been fine. toss Lenoir inside, where he should be playing.

it's crazy, we're still getting a ton of pressure on the QB. 7th in the league heading into Wk7. They're not getting home, part of that is on the DL and the other is on the secondary not covering well enough.

The whole pressure thing at #7. Sounds like a batter with high exit velocity but always strikes out and never hits homers.
I heard in the radio were like 26th in team sacks. Hard to believe.
An updated article today says we're 22nd in pressure rate btw.

This is bull. I keep track of pressure stats every week. We have generated pressure on 40% of dropbacks, 122 of 305 dropbacks to be exact. 40% has us in the top 5.

Yeah not sure where he was getting that stat from
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
So would trading for Johnson or even 🤞 Surtain even make a difference if we have Wilks bumbling his way through the season? Maybe it's time to pray there's an O lineman out there who could contribute, even if it's just depth.

Who knows. All I know is they need help and every little move helps!!!

I just want Lynch to pull a Trey Lance type-trade without the Trey Lance!!! Go balls out make a damn splash!!!!

I would love Johnson. I don't think either guy is realistic though.

Benjamin St-Juste has been good for a couple years now in DC. He's having a quality yr right now and fits the scheme. Wouldn't cost us a "Trey lance" type of trade.

If wilks is gonna be aggressive and blitz as much as he has, we need sticky DBs on the outside. He can do that. Ward for the most part has been fine. toss Lenoir inside, where he should be playing.

it's crazy, we're still getting a ton of pressure on the QB. 7th in the league heading into Wk7. They're not getting home, part of that is on the DL and the other is on the secondary not covering well enough.

The whole pressure thing at #7. Sounds like a batter with high exit velocity but always strikes out and never hits homers.
I heard in the radio were like 26th in team sacks. Hard to believe.
An updated article today says we're 22nd in pressure rate btw.

This is bull. I keep track of pressure stats every week. We have generated pressure on 40% of dropbacks, 122 of 305 dropbacks to be exact. 40% has us in the top 5.

Yeah not sure where he was getting that stat from

I guess KNBR got it from this article that I repeated

From ESPN today :
The 49ers' pressure rate of 27.6%, which 22nd in the NFL and on pace to also be the lowest since Shanahan and Lynch arrived.

• The Niners have a sack rate of 4.9%, which ranks 26th in the NFL and on pace to be the lowest of the Shanahan era. For context, the 2019 team was at 8%.

Source article in case I read the headline wrong https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38736100/49ers-high-priced-defensive-line-struggling-untracked?platform=amp
[ Edited by mitpdub on Oct 25, 2023 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It's one game lol

Purdy is out for the season?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Wow, that would be serious concussion. I think there are two reasons why this just will not happen. One is Darnold, who was signed to spell Purdy when necessary. The other is Minnesota. A team trading its starting qb one third into the season?

Originally posted by English:

Wow, that would be serious concussion. I think there are two reasons why this just will not happen. One is Darnold, who was signed to spell Purdy when necessary. The other is Minnesota. A team trading its starting qb one third into the season?

Yeah, thanks to that W, the Vikings are right back in the hunt again.
Originally posted by NCommand:

The irony of Purdy saving his job by losing the game at the end. If we win, Vikings probably feel that the season is lost and Cousins is on a plane heading here now.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

The irony of Purdy saving his job by losing the game at the end. If we win, Vikings probably feel that the season is lost and Cousins is on a plane heading here now.

Why would Cousins head here when we have a QB that costs 34 million less and plays better? I look forward to the day of bumping all your garbage hot takes.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Why would Cousins head here when we have a QB that costs 34 million less and plays better? I look forward to the day of bumping all your garbage hot takes.

Some of you need to let go of the irrational Cousins hate. He's a better QB than Purdy, and more importantly, a significantly more durable QB.

I was being sarcastic because you have people acting as if a concussion is a season long injury and the season is done calling for Cousins.
Share 49ersWebzone