There are 240 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
All I've ever heard is it's impossible to upgrade the OL, especially midseason. The jaguars just got Ezra Cleveland for a day 3 draft pick.
instead we get ANOTHER DE. I'm at peace with the 49ers lack of interest in shoring up our O-line

We needed another guard?
All I've ever heard is it's impossible to upgrade the OL, especially midseason. The jaguars just got Ezra Cleveland for a day 3 draft pick.
instead we get ANOTHER DE. I'm at peace with the 49ers lack of interest in shoring up our O-line

That's a trade the 49ers should have made as well but it would also have been a rental. Cleveland wants to play tackle and is apparently looking for beyond what McGlinchey got paid by Denver.
lol people crying because we ONLY traded for Chase Young. If the pass rush steps up we won't need CB help.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
We needed another guard?

He was drafted as a tackle, can play inside or outside but he was also going to be a rental at best, reportedly looking for $18 mil per a year as a starting point so the Vikings decided to get something for him now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That's a trade the 49ers should have made as well but it would also have been a rental. Cleveland wants to play tackle and is apparently looking for beyond what McGlinchey got paid by Denver.

They should have signed Dalton Risner while he was a free agent
Originally posted by goatroppolo:

Would have been a better depth piece than Ambry Thomas, maybe challenge Oliver. He has also been an effective kick returner. Oh, well, Lynch should get credit for the effort.

In the end, getting Jackson would have improved one position but getting Young makes everyone in the secondary better. I'll take my blessings where I can get them.
This d line has had trouble pressuring qbs the last 3 weeks which also made it harder on the dbs. We also been awful against the run. This is a move that lynch made to solve for that. I mean the problem is the DC but nothing lynch can do about that himself
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol people crying because we ONLY traded for Chase Young. If the pass rush steps up we won't need CB help.

literally no one cares we are at the bottom in run defense, just b***hing about oliver every other post lol
Originally posted by Niners99:

Here's the problem. The league refuses to call holding. They want QB's to stay healthy and they want offense. We needed secondary help badly.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Oct 31, 2023 at 1:44 PM ]
I'm just not satisfied knowing we got Oliver still going to see a lot of playing time. That clown can't cover a retired wr, they better hope Womack and Luter come back and are better

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That entire scenario only points out how important it is to draft OL well. Trying to get one in FA or trade is expensive.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'll give credit where its due first off I was wrong this year about Kawakami. Second, Lynch almost pulled it off, DE and CB. I can't fault Lynch for trying!!!
Why do Niner fans seem to think the 49ers should try and get every available player. A lot of other teams are trying to improve as well and most of them have better drft picks to give. Negotiations take some time so you can't be talking to every team about players once you target someone. While the 49ers were talking to Washington the Jags were going after Cleveland. The high profile CBs mostly stayed with their team. Washington trading both of their DEs were possibly the biggest moves of the day. Apparently they had a deal for Adoree Jackson but the Giants screwed it up. One more reason to hate the Giants.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 31, 2023 at 1:51 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm just not satisfied knowing we got Oliver still going to see a lot of playing time. That clown can't cover a retired wr, they better hope Womack and Luter come back and are better

I say sign Byron Jones he can't be any worse. Kyle Fuller is also out there, actually there's a good amount of decent CB's on the market I'd start over Oliver.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I say sign Byron Jones he can't be any worse. Kyle Fuller is also out there, actually there's a good amount of decent CB's on the market I'd start over Oliver.

The trade deadline is over. Too late now.
Share 49ersWebzone