There are 162 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
All I've ever heard is it's impossible to upgrade the OL, especially midseason. The jaguars just got Ezra Cleveland for a day 3 draft pick.
instead we get ANOTHER DE. I'm at peace with the 49ers lack of interest in shoring up our O-line

That's a trade the 49ers should have made as well but it would also have been a rental. Cleveland wants to play tackle and is apparently looking for beyond what McGlinchey got paid by Denver.

They should have signed Dalton Risner while he was a free agent

Really wanted Risner but he didnt leave the Broncos on the best terms behind the scenes... and Lynch is tight with the FO of the Broncos which probably turned that off. Along with Banks balling out and Burford giving them false confidence.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol people crying because we ONLY traded for Chase Young. If the pass rush steps up we won't need CB help.

Here's the problem. The league refuses to call holding. They want QB's to stay healthy and they want offense. We needed secondary help badly.

If you're relying on CB to cover past 3 seconds on a regular basis you're already screwed. Disrupting the QB's timing, even if you aren't getting the sack, is still the best way to slow down an offense.
Adoree Jackson has 1 pick, 1 FF, and 24 PD in the last 4 years. Its not like he was the answer anyways.
Adoree Jackson has 1 pick, 1 FF, and 24 PD in the last 4 years. Its not like he was the answer anyways.

Verified as a fake account that reported that.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

I just heard that. I guess the team is just going to have to pull together and play like everyone thought they would. Just 3 weeks ago our fans were talking undefeated season. Most pundits had the Niners favored to make the SB along with the Eagles. Before the season people were saying this was Kyle's best team ever. So it's not the personnel. It's the players not making plays and doing what everyone expected.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by mitpdub:

I just heard that. I guess the team is just going to have to pull together and play like everyone thought they would. Just 3 weeks ago our fans were talking undefeated season. Most pundits had the Niners favored to make the SB along with the Eagles. Before the season people were saying this was Kyle's best team ever. So it's not the personnel. It's the players not making plays and doing what everyone expected.

Got high on their own supply after the cowboys game.

I said what I said.
Tell you who we could really use right now…..Qwuantrezz Knight
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Of course it was another DL.

Teams will just continue to pass quickly and stuff our run game. Thrilling.
Of course you wouldn't admit that you were wrong to say 2.5 hours for them to do nothing.

As for Young, are you really going to call the addition of Young just another DE? Do you also believe that the team suddenly doesn't know how to pass rush? Teams could've employed the get rid of the ball quickly strategy that you suggest for the last 4 years, but for some reason, they didn't, or ot didn't work as nearly as effective as it has this year.

Respect for the move but this still helps nothing. OL and secondary is what this team needs more than anything.

Again, teams will continue to pass in 2.5s and stuff our run.

This is great, don't get me wrong, but in the end, it solves about our 3rd or 4th 'need' and probably nothing in the end. Hell, we've barely even used Gregory.

Of course you wouldn't admit that you were wrong to say 2.5 hours for them to do nothing.

As for Young, are you really going to call the addition of Young just another DE? Do you also believe that the team suddenly doesn't know how to pass rush? Teams could've employed the get rid of the ball quickly strategy that you suggest for the last 4 years, but for some reason, they didn't, or ot didn't work as nearly as effective as it has this year.

Respect for the move but this still helps nothing. OL and secondary is what this team needs more than anything.

This is great, don't get me wrong, but in the end, it solves about our 3rd or 4th 'need' and probably nothing in the end. Hell, we've barely even used Gregory.

The difference to me is that we aren't using Gregory on early downs because he's not great at defending the run. Or at least, they trust Ferrell more which doesn't allow Gregory to get as many snaps on early downs.

Ferrell, for my money, is the worst pass rushing DE we've had since Thomas. So when one side of the defense is easily handled, offenses can game plan around that much easier. Young will be a massive improvement there.

I agree it doesn't solve everything, we need to stop playing man or this soft zone stuff, and play closer to our scheme from the last couple of years.

And if, and it's a big if, Wilks makes some serious changes, I think this team can get back on track.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

The difference to me is that we aren't using Gregory on early downs because he's not great at defending the run. Or at least, they trust Ferrell more which doesn't allow Gregory to get as many snaps on early downs.

Ferrell, for my money, is the worst pass rushing DE we've had since Thomas. So when one side of the defense is easily handled, offenses can game plan around that much easier. Young will be a massive improvement there.

I agree it doesn't solve everything, we need to stop playing man or this soft zone stuff, and play closer to our scheme from the last couple of years.

And if, and it's a big if, Wilks makes some serious changes, I think this team can get back on track.

Randy has 63 snaps in 3 games and has one job. And Hero showed he's actually surprisingly good at setting the edge.

I agree with everything else.

Like I said with Hargrave, it's sexy but at the end of the day, he isn't going to move the needle much for the overall unit.

If we can't get home with Randy, Jackson, AA, Hargrave and Bosa, how much is Chase really going to help?

I loved the pickup but we're trying to win Superbowls here. I'll stick with my 10-7 prediction. Bridesmaid projection (at best).

John today :

• q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:

I said what I said.

I agree
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Randy has 63 snaps in 3 games and has one job. And Hero showed he's actually surprisingly good at setting the edge.

I agree with everything else.

Like I said with Hargrave, it's sexy but at the end of the day, he isn't going to move the needle much for the overall unit.

If we can't get home with Randy, Jackson, AA, Hargrave and Bosa, how much is Chase really going to help?

I loved the pickup but we're trying to win Superbowls here. I'll stick with my 10-7 prediction. Bridesmaid projection (at best).
How much more can we move the needle?

DL wins championships..
Originally posted by q0c0p:
Originally posted by Crown:

I said what I said.

I agree

Yup. The nfl world inflafed their heads. I hope we are all back down to Earth and have that refined focus that we had in the first 5 weeks.
31 other teams and we couldn't find an outside corner or a slot corner. I can live with the offensive line. If we had another corner that could cover we'd be 7 and 1 at worst.
Share 49ersWebzone