LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 196 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Same guy that hired Steve Wilks as the DC.

And hired Ryans, McDaniels, Saleh and the dozen or so guys who got promotions in the NFL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
You don't like the fact that everything falls on leadership. I know that is a hard concept for some folks but EVERYTHING on any side of the ball will fall at the feet of the Head Coach good or bad, he gets all the credit and blame.

I don't even know what the bolded above means, but it reminds me of a small child having no response to being owned.

again...youre saying Kyle is responsible for CMC's fumble in the SB.

and by that low IQ logic, when and if CMC goes into the HoF, it was Kyle Shanahan who deserves all of the recognition and credit.

lol at thinking you owned anyone on this board.

I think he used the term "owned" wrong.

And by his logic, no player should ever be blamed, because its Shanahan who called the play that lead to a fumble. He called the play to make Spencer Burford mis a block. He drafted Spencer Burford and hired Chris Foerster who put Burford in on that play.

oh boy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Same guy that hired Steve Wilks as the DC.

And hired Ryans, McDaniels, Saleh and the dozen or so guys who got promotions in the NFL.

Yes, see how you are holding Coach Shanahan responsible for his successes as well as his failures?

What's wrong with that?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You don't like the fact that everything falls on leadership. I know that is a hard concept for some folks but EVERYTHING on any side of the ball will fall at the feet of the Head Coach good or bad, he gets all the credit and blame.

I don't even know what the bolded above means, but it reminds me of a small child having no response to being owned.

again...youre saying Kyle is responsible for CMC's fumble in the SB.

and by that low IQ logic, when and if CMC goes into the HoF, it was Kyle Shanahan who deserves all of the recognition and credit.

lol at thinking you owned anyone on this board.

I think he used the term "owned" wrong.

And by his logic, no player should ever be blamed, because its Shanahan who called the play that lead to a fumble. He called the play to make Spencer Burford mis a block. He drafted Spencer Burford and hired Chris Foerster who put Burford in on that play.

oh boy.

Class is in session, you guys are doing well today.

S#!t rolls down hill is what they call it in the military.
the problem with the Kyle whiners is they want to say it's all about the coaching and yet give zero credit to the coaches when it's anything positive.

Straight up blaming a coach for everything is about as lazy of an analysis as you can have. Acting like there's zero nuance or multiple things that can be discussed for each issue is f**king dumb.

Continuous whining doesn't make what you're saying true
the problem with the Kyle whiners is they want to say it's all about the coaching and yet give zero credit to the coaches when it's anything positive.

Straight up blaming a coach for everything is about as lazy of an analysis as you can have. Acting like there's zero nuance or multiple things that can be discussed for each issue is f**king dumb.

Yea, those guys really need to think about how great coach Shanahan is and stop pointing out why he hasn't won a super bowl. For the life of me I can't see why they can't just blindly follow without having a single opinion outside of Shanahan's greatness.

I will make it my mission to join the PR team and defend any opinion outside of Kyle is great.
Yes, see how you are holding Coach Shanahan responsible for his successes as well as his failures?

What's wrong with that?

Because I don't think every failure or accomplishment of a team is directly because of the head coach. I think there's a f**k ton of room and nuance to have a discussion about ALL of it.

acting differently is being lazy and bias imo.
Google org. chart yet?

Kyle is responsible for EVERYTHING.

What sounds more like real life here;

Kyle Shanahan's 49ers were defeated in the Super Bowl by Andy Reid's Chiefs.

or

Christian McCaffrey was defeated in the Super Bowl by Patrick Mahomes?

lol what the f**k does headline copy have anything to do with how NFL teams play games.

youre making yourself look really bad and ignorant with this post. youre one of those dudes who just reads headlines and thinks theyre informed.

but at least now you have owned someone on this forum.....yourself!
Google org. chart yet?

or

lol what the f**k does headline copy have anything to do with how NFL teams play games.

youre making yourself look really bad and ignorant with this post. youre one of those dudes who just reads headlines and thinks theyre informed.

You see how you went to attacking me rather than talking about your position?

But I look bad?

My position is that Kyle is the end all be all when it comes to 49ers football.

What's wrong with that?

Because I don't think every failure or accomplishment of a team is directly because of the head coach. I think there's a f**k ton of room and nuance to have a discussion about ALL of it.

acting differently is being lazy and bias imo.

I just think otherwise, thats all.

The buck stops at the head coach.

It's taken for granted because of misplaced long gone standards of an old organization and a near total lack of understanding the game.
Yea, those guys really need to think about how great coach Shanahan is and stop pointing out why he hasn't won a super bowl. For the life of me I can't see why they can't just blindly follow without having a single opinion outside of Shanahan's greatness.

I will make it my mission to join the PR team and defend any opinion outside of Kyle is great.

Oh they should just understand it's f**king hard to win a Super Bowl. It's f**king hard to win a playoff game. It's hard to take a trash organization and turn it into a team that actually has a chance to win it all every yr.

every yr there's more & more openings across the league at HC because those teams can't even f**king sniff a winning record, let alone have a team able to win 10+ games every yr and be one of a handful of teams that have a legit shot.

you want to whine go root for the raiders they haven't won a playoff game in over 20 yrs. Miami hasn't one on in almost 25 yrs.
I just think otherwise, thats all.

The buck stops at the head coach.

Again that's lazy and lacks a f**k ton of nuance about the game.

You're basically telling everyone you refuse to have a discussion about it. You can't handle the idea of it being anything other than the HC when anything goes wrong…so if they win it all, it can't be anyone else besides the HC for the reason for the W. That not true and you know it.
Google org. chart yet?

or

You see how you went to attacking me rather than talking about your position?

But I look bad?

My position is that Kyle is the end all be all when it comes to 49ers football.

im not attacking you, im attacking your post. ignorant can be defined by lacking information

by claiming "Kyle Shanahan's 49ers were defeated in the Super Bowl by Andy Reid's Chiefs." tells the entire story is absolutely ignoring information.

WHY did Kyle Shanahan's 49ers get defeated in the Super Bowl by Andy Reid's Chiefs? there are details that tell why.

Oh they should just understand it's f**king hard to win a Super Bowl. It's f**king hard to win a playoff game. It's hard to take a trash organization and turn it into a team that actually has a chance to win it all every yr.

every yr there's more & more openings across the league at HC because those teams can't even f**king sniff a winning record, let alone have a team able to win 10+ games every yr and be one of a handful of teams that have a legit shot.

you want to whine go root for the raiders they haven't won a playoff game in over 20 yrs. Miami hasn't one on in almost 25 yrs.

I know what you mean man, I watched Bill Walsh take a 2-14 ('79) team to super bowl champions ("81) in 2 years. This was back when football was tough and offered no special protections to players including QB's. There was no such thing as free agency the way we know it today, so he had to build through the draft and come up with schemes and concepts and drill it into the guys around him. The draft was like 2 million rounds long and he chose great players like Dwight Clark (2x Super Bowl Champion) in the 10th round and Jesse Sapolu (4x Super Bowl Champion) in the 11th round. Even when Coach Walsh left the team they continued to win because his hand picked successor kept winning. The team one for nearly 2 decades!!!

Thats the 49ers standard, and thats what we will always be compared to. This new "almost won" culture is exactly what Coach Walsh guided guys away from. Its a new day, but the standard doesn't change.

Oh, and Walsh made it look easy.
Share 49ersWebzone