There are 185 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I just think otherwise, thats all.

The buck stops at the head coach.

Again that's lazy and lacks a f**k ton of nuance about the game.

You're basically telling everyone you refuse to have a discussion about it. You can't handle the idea of it being anything other than the HC when anything goes wrong…so if they win it all, it can't be anyone else besides the HC for the reason for the W. That not true and you know it.

Why do you care so much about how I process leadership? Instead of worrying about what I think you should probably just post what you think.

Head Coach
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
the problem with the Kyle whiners is they want to say it's all about the coaching and yet give zero credit to the coaches when it's anything positive.

Straight up blaming a coach for everything is about as lazy of an analysis as you can have. Acting like there's zero nuance or multiple things that can be discussed for each issue is f**king dumb.

Continuous whining doesn't make what you're saying true

It's taken for granted because of misplaced long gone standards of an old organization and a near total lack of understanding the game.

The golden standard never changes.
Why do you care so much about how I process leadership? Instead of worrying about what I think you should probably just post what you think.

Head Coach

dude claims he owning people on the forum now he's like why do you care?!?!?!?

youre posting on a public forum. if you dont want to be challenged maybe rethink what you post.
[ Edited by boast on Jun 6, 2024 at 2:41 PM ]

I don't think you understand what the standard was, especially in actual practice.
Originally posted by boast:
Google org. chart yet?

Kyle is responsible for EVERYTHING.

What sounds more like real life here;

Kyle Shanahan's 49ers were defeated in the Super Bowl by Andy Reid's Chiefs.

or

Christian McCaffrey was defeated in the Super Bowl by Patrick Mahomes?

lol what the f**k does headline copy have anything to do with how NFL teams play games.

youre making yourself look really bad and ignorant with this post. youre one of those dudes who just reads headlines and thinks theyre informed.

but at least now you have owned someone on this forum.....yourself!

You see how you went to attacking me rather than talking about your position?

But I look bad?

My position is that Kyle is the end all be all when it comes to 49ers football.

"My position is that Kyle is the end all be all when it comes to 49ers football." No, that would be the York family. Nice try though. If one were to carry your 'logic' to it's conclusion then every head of every business, or group would be run out of town because the janitor at an assembly plant left the lights on. Soon there would be no competent leaders left. You are pushing a childish take.

Head Coach

dude claims he owning people on the forum now he's like why do you care?!?!?!?

your posting on a public forum. if you dont want to be challenged maybe rethink what you post.

I don't feel challenged, you are the one supposedly doing the challenging but all you can come up with is strawman concepts. LOL

My position is firm, the buck stops with Kyle.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I don't think you understand what the standard was, especially in actual practice.

Enlighten me.
Originally posted by eastie:
Google org. chart yet?

or

lol what the f**k does headline copy have anything to do with how NFL teams play games.

youre making yourself look really bad and ignorant with this post. youre one of those dudes who just reads headlines and thinks theyre informed.

But I look bad?

"My position is that Kyle is the end all be all when it comes to 49ers football." No, that would be the York family. Nice try though. If one were to carry your 'logic' to it's conclusion then every head of every business, or group would be run out of town because the janitor at an assembly plant left the lights on. Soon there would be no competent leaders left. You are pushing a childish take.

The York family is focused on the business side of 49ers football, not the X's & O's thats Shanahan.

Nice try though.

Head of every business or group is expected to hire the right folks so that the lights are properly shut off. That is leadership.
Using Glory's logic, a sixth grader in Hoboken NJ fails his math test. It's the parents fault? NO? It's the teachers fault, NO. It's the Principals fault. NO It's the fault of the leader of the school board's fault. Nope. It would be the fault of the Federal Dept of Education as they sit atop the organizational chart. But wait, there is an even higher chart. IT's the fault of the President of the United States. Now if you are of a religious vein then the fault must go to the Leader of your religion of choice. Right, Glory? I mean, its all right there in the charts, correct?
Google org. chart yet?

or

But I look bad?

The York family is focused on the business side of 49ers football, not the X's & O's thats Shanahan.

Nice try though.

Head of every business or group is expected to hire the right folks so that the lights are properly shut off. That is leadership.

That's called moving the goal posts, bro. So it isn't as clearcut as you stated earlier? Any other exceptions that we need to be aware of when responding to your childish posts?

giving the cowboys another L
I know what you mean man, I watched Bill Walsh take a 2-14 ('79) team to super bowl champions ("81) in 2 years. This was back when football was tough and offered no special protections to players including QB's. There was no such thing as free agency the way we know it today, so he had to build through the draft and come up with schemes and concepts and drill it into the guys around him. The draft was like 2 million rounds long and he chose great players like Dwight Clark (2x Super Bowl Champion) in the 10th round and Jesse Sapolu (4x Super Bowl Champion) in the 11th round. Even when Coach Walsh left the team they continued to win because his hand picked successor kept winning. The team one for nearly 2 decades!!!

Thats the 49ers standard, and thats what we will always be compared to. This new "almost won" culture is exactly what Coach Walsh guided guys away from. Its a new day, but the standard doesn't change.

Oh, and Walsh made it look easy.

Walsh is Walsh dude. He's one of one. That's not a standard it was f**king decades ago in a league with no cap space and vastly different rules. You could spend all the money you waned on players. They needed to SPEND to get sanders in 94.

Michael Jordan never lost a finals….doesn't mean any other basketball player after him sucked.

So according to you Montana, rice, any of the players you meantioned don't matter in the outcome. It's the HC who gets the credit for winning and losing. That's part of your problem in your debate.

the other problem is if he's not Walsh then he stinks…there's a f**king ton of room there with a ton of nuance &substance to discuss and you're being ignorant about it. IMO that's why no one is buying your complaining about having a damn good HC.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 6, 2024 at 3:05 PM ]
Using Glory's logic, a sixth grader in Hoboken NJ fails his math test. It's the parents fault? NO? It's the teachers fault, NO. It's the Principals fault. NO It's the fault of the leader of the school board's fault. Nope. It would be the fault of the Federal Dept of Education as they sit atop the organizational chart. But wait, there is an even higher chart. IT's the fault of the President of the United States. Now if you are of a religious vein then the fault must go to the Leader of your religion of choice. Right, Glory? I mean, its all right there in the charts, correct?
doesn't it eventually fall on, the almighty creator himself !
offseason talk is so boring
Originally posted by picklejuice:
offseason talk is so boring

Was much more fun last year with the QB wars. These arguments are less fun and impressively more stupid.
Share 49ersWebzone