LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 259 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Refresh my memory on when you successfully negated anything iv'e posted?

Just did lol. You simply disregard anything in anyone's post and pretend it never was posted if it proves what you're b***hing about is wrong.
Are you truly a 49ers fan? Did you not watch the super bowl build up?

https://youtube.com/shorts/3HVpyHpRMZQ?si=ghaughjsZvk9P5np

Lmao. I am truly a 49ers fan. That's why I don't give an ounce of credibility to our owner doing victory laps in hindsight. Look at what you've said about Jed in this argument…
Originally posted by boast:

How Andy Reid hired and gave the defense to Spags is a great example of leadership.

Kyle should be held accountable for his hiring decisions and his oversight of the team as the head coach. I struggle to see why holding the head coach accountable is a bad thing?

and Kyle doing the same for DeMeco isnt? dude you should probably just stop posting. you really have stupid, not well-thought-out takes.

I should stop posting?

You do realize DeMeco is the head coach of the Texans and was not our DC last year don't you?
This is 2024, last season was 2023 and Steve Wilks was our DC.

Welcome to 2024 my guy

ignoring previous comparable examples just makes you biased not right.

His blitz game is going to apply so much pressure!

you seemed ok with the hire when it happened. how come you didnt tell everyone it was a terrible choice back then?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Do you see any non-fact in my post that you are responding too? (Strawman)

I don't think it's a fact that Kyle liked Beathard more than Mahomes. That's a pretty ridiculous assumption with the only supporting evidence being a report from Peter King (I believe) that said Beathard was the only QB Kyle was willing to take in the draft. Even if that report were true, it's not actually a confirmation that he liked Beathard more than a player who was much more costly in terms of draft picks.

Isn't it widely reported that Kyle and his staff didn't really look at any of the top qbs in this draft cause they didn't play on taking one and would get cousins in FA the following year?

I think it's ridiculous that a rookie head coach wouldn't evaluate a draft with a handful of really talented qbs (Watson, mahommes etc). But I don't think that means he liked beathard more than mahommes. I think it means they wanted a young guy to draft and have as a back up in the later rounds and probably just loved beathard film and drafted him earlier than they anticipated.

Well, none of that is what happened.

What happened was Solomon Thomas got drafted at #3 overall and Beathard got drafted (3rd round) #104 overall.

Meanwhile Andy Reid made a trade with the Buffalo Bills of all teams, trading up from #27 to #10 to get a generational talent.

The Solomon Thomas pick sits over the top of this Franchise for ever.

It has cost us 2 maybe 3 Superbowl wins at least.

Thomas became the third consecutive defensive end drafted in the first round by the 49ers, joining Arik Armstead (2015) and DeForest Buckner (2016). So it was hardly a pick for need basis.

In fact, the man who drafted Thomas, 49ers general manager John Lynch—coincidentally studied alongside Thomas as a mature student while working as a broadcaster for FOX Sports at Standford, so it may have been a nepotistic pick.

Even Rubean Foster was a bad pick at 31, T J Watt was picked one before him.

If they nail the 2017 draft, we would have won at least 2 more Superbowls.

If they nail the 2017 draft they're not getting Nick Bosa.

And no amount of hindsight would result in 49ers drafting Mahomes. Because even in a hindsight redraft the Browns take him…

That means we would get Myles Garrett though…

Futile 20/20 hindsight here, but I do want to point out that there was every reason to draft DL in 2017, as they inherited one of the worst run defenses in 49er history. The 2016 performance there was atrocious.
Originally posted by captveg:
Futile 20/20 hindsight here, but I do want to point out that there was every reason to draft DL in 2017, as they inherited one of the worst run defenses in 49er history. The 2016 performance there was atrocious.

many forget the Niners had one of the largest roster turnovers ever between '16-'17. Kyle and John were able to completely rebuild the team from the ground up into a perennial Super Bowl contender in just three short years.

How Andy Reid hired and gave the defense to Spags is a great example of leadership.

Kyle should be held accountable for his hiring decisions and his oversight of the team as the head coach. I struggle to see why holding the head coach accountable is a bad thing?

and Kyle doing the same for DeMeco isnt? dude you should probably just stop posting. you really have stupid, not well-thought-out takes.

I should stop posting?

You do realize DeMeco is the head coach of the Texans and was not our DC last year don't you?
This is 2024, last season was 2023 and Steve Wilks was our DC.

Welcome to 2024 my guy

ignoring previous comparable examples just makes you biased not right.

His blitz game is going to apply so much pressure!

you seemed ok with the hire when it happened. how come you didnt tell everyone it was a terrible choice back then?

I don't see anything in that post that says I was ok with the hire.

You see how I was talking about blitzing? That is what Wilks is known for, I had no idea he wouldn't be running his own defense.
Are you truly a 49ers fan? Did you not watch the super bowl build up?

https://youtube.com/shorts/3HVpyHpRMZQ?si=ghaughjsZvk9P5np

Lmao. I am truly a 49ers fan. That's why I don't give an ounce of credibility to our owner doing victory laps in hindsight. Look at what you've said about Jed in this argument…

Nice try, it wasn't only Jed that said it. Thats why I sent you the video of Lynch saying he was there when Kyle told Jed that Purdy was better than the other two QB's. I knew better than to simply send the Jed video, you should have actually looked at the videos before responding rookie.
Nice try, it wasn't only Jed that said it. Thats why I sent you the video of Lynch saying he was there when Kyle told Jed that Purdy was better than the other two QB's. I knew better than to simply send the Jed video, you should have actually looked at the videos before responding rookie.

Buddy, Jed's comments are obvious b******t to anyone paying attention.

First of all, the stated goal and action of the team was to play their raw, highly drafted, 2nd year QB* in order to develop him.

Secondly, Jed (and you) specifically referenced Jimmy G as one of those qb's who Brock apparently looked better than in training camp. Jimmy G was dismissed from training camp though. And then they restructured him to a highly favorable contract, when he had no leverage, to serve as their backup when a trade never materialized.

You're an idiot if you think they restructured Jimmy's deal after missing training camp and the rest of the offseason program because they thought their best QB was the 3rd guy on the depth chart when the season opened. They would have saved the money and rolled with Brock as the two. They would have played Brock when Trey got hurt.

These guys are full of s**t in their public comments, especially about the QB position in this time period. Their actions speak much louder than their words.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jun 6, 2024 at 6:28 PM ]

Buddy, Jed's comments are obvious b******t to anyone paying attention.

First of all, the stated goal and action of the team was to play their raw, highly drafted, rookie in order to develop him.

Secondly, Jed (and you) specifically referenced Jimmy G as one of those qb's who Brock apparently looked better than in training camp. Jimmy G was dismissed from training camp though. And then they restructured him to a highly favorable contract, when he had no leverage, to serve as their backup when a trade never materialized.

You're an idiot if you think they restructured Jimmy's deal after missing training camp and the rest of the offseason program because they thought their best QB was the 3rd guy on the depth chart when the season opened. They would have saved the money and rolled with Brock as the two. They would have played Brock when Trey got hurt.

These guys are full of s**t in their public comments, especially about the QB position in this time period. Their actions speak much louder than their words.

LOL

Yup, and you know better than the public record.

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jun 6, 2024 at 6:31 PM ]
LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = bull$#!t

Was Jimmy G at training camp? Was there a competition for that job at the QB position?

The answer is no and no.

You can't address any of the actual facts of what happened… because it very quickly blows apart a narrative a couple of our executives wanted to spin in hindsight.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jun 6, 2024 at 6:31 PM ]

LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = bull$#!t

Was Jimmy G at training camp? Was there a competition for that job at the QB position?

The answer is no and no.

You can't address any of the actual facts of what happened… because it very quickly blows apart a narrative a couple of our executives wanted to spin in hindsight.

The answer is yes, he was working on a side field.

Kyle's comments weren't meant for that camp, he already knew everything he needed to know about Jimmy G (who he was trying to get rid off, but couldn't because he had no trade value) he had already drafted Trey Lance to take over for JG. Kyle said he noticed that Purdy was better than both of them.

Are you questioning Kyle's ability to evaluate QB's because he passed up on Mahomes? Is this what your trying to do, cause if so thats a different discussion.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jun 6, 2024 at 6:37 PM ]
Gee it would be great if we could cultivate the energy used to create 4546 pages here on this forum to help us win a Superbowl.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Gee it would be great if we could cultivate the energy used to create 4546 pages here on this forum to help us win a Superbowl.

Yes Sir!

Kyle's comments weren't meant for that camp, he already knew everything he needed to know about Jimmy G (who he was trying to get rid off, but couldn't because he had no trade value) he had already drafted Trey Lance to take over for JG. Kyle said he noticed that Purdy was better than both of them.

Are you questioning Kyle's ability to evaluate QB's? Is this what your trying to do, cause if so thats a different discussion.

I'm questioning the validity of public comments that are clearly at odds with what happened in reality.

Kyle knew Brock was better than Jimmy, but they paid Jimmy anyway, gave him a no trade clause, installed him as the number 2 over Brock following an unhealthy and uninvolved offseason, and then played him over Brock when the starter got hurt. And apparently Jed and the GM knew this, went along with it, and celebrated it in hindsight.

Incomprehensibly stupid. f**king lol.

Are you questioning Kyle's ability to evaluate QB's? Is this what your trying to do, cause if so thats a different discussion.

I'm questioning the validity of public comments that are clearly at odds with what happened in reality.

Kyle knew Brock was better than Jimmy, but they paid Jimmy anyway, gave him a no trade clause, installed him as the number 2 over Brock following an unhealthy and uninvolved offseason, and then played him over Brock when the starter got hurt. And apparently Jed and the GM knew this, went along with it, and celebrated it in hindsight.

Incomprehensibly stupid. f**king lol.

Now you see where my energy about leadership is coming from.
Share 49ersWebzone