LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 215 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Now you see where my energy about leadership is coming from.

I already knew. Pure ignorance, lol. Team, league, the game in general.

You're the reason comments like these are made. Someone will believe it!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Nice try, it wasn't only Jed that said it. Thats why I sent you the video of Lynch saying he was there when Kyle told Jed that Purdy was better than the other two QB's. I knew better than to simply send the Jed video, you should have actually looked at the videos before responding rookie.

Buddy, Jed's comments are obvious b******t to anyone paying attention.

First of all, the stated goal and action of the team was to play their raw, highly drafted, rookie in order to develop him.

Secondly, Jed (and you) specifically referenced Jimmy G as one of those qb's who Brock apparently looked better than in training camp. Jimmy G was dismissed from training camp though. And then they restructured him to a highly favorable contract, when he had no leverage, to serve as their backup when a trade never materialized.

You're an idiot if you think they restructured Jimmy's deal after missing training camp and the rest of the offseason program because they thought their best QB was the 3rd guy on the depth chart when the season opened. They would have saved the money and rolled with Brock as the two. They would have played Brock when Trey got hurt.

These guys are full of s**t in their public comments, especially about the QB position in this time period. Their actions speak much louder than their words.

LOL

Yup, and you know better than the public record.

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩

You've been getting roasted all day by everyone, take a break.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Nice try, it wasn't only Jed that said it. Thats why I sent you the video of Lynch saying he was there when Kyle told Jed that Purdy was better than the other two QB's. I knew better than to simply send the Jed video, you should have actually looked at the videos before responding rookie.

First of all, the stated goal and action of the team was to play their raw, highly drafted, rookie in order to develop him.

Secondly, Jed (and you) specifically referenced Jimmy G as one of those qb's who Brock apparently looked better than in training camp. Jimmy G was dismissed from training camp though. And then they restructured him to a highly favorable contract, when he had no leverage, to serve as their backup when a trade never materialized.

You're an idiot if you think they restructured Jimmy's deal after missing training camp and the rest of the offseason program because they thought their best QB was the 3rd guy on the depth chart when the season opened. They would have saved the money and rolled with Brock as the two. They would have played Brock when Trey got hurt.

These guys are full of s**t in their public comments, especially about the QB position in this time period. Their actions speak much louder than their words.

LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩

Rosted?

LOL
Was Jimmy G at training camp? Was there a competition for that job at the QB position?

The answer is no and no.

You can't address any of the actual facts of what happened… because it very quickly blows apart a narrative a couple of our executives wanted to spin in hindsight.

This on multiple things

LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩

Rosted?

LOL

Even if rosted
Never thought it was a realistic possibility that fans would believe a bunch of moves the team made not only didn't indicate a lack of confidence in Trey Lance, but they also happened in spite of a strong belief in their 7th rounder based on a few reps in training camp.

Every one of their moves from 22 (starting with training camp) through the offseason of 23 indicated they were uncomfortable with the QB position. Starters and backups.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
as usual your logic is
against Donald, Von and Ramsey he would have looked so bad, we would be begging JG to come back, which is not far from what happened anyway.. right?

No one begged him to come back. He was under contract and no one wanted to trade for him. Without the shoulder injury he gets dealt and Brock would've been the #2 and everything that happens happens except we get draft picks for Jimmy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩

Rosted?

LOL

Yes roasted!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩

Rosted?

LOL

Yes roasted!!!

LMAO

No Facts = Roasted

Just wanted to give you some of the real history of the 49ers, based on you believing I received a social media roasting today. Sometimes I know its a bit hard to believe that football didn't begin in the 21st century. There was actually a time when things were physically tough, and you had tough people that didn't sit behind a keyboard believing they were tough.

Bill Walsh for example instilled both physical and mental toughness in his players. Not online but on the field face to face, man to man.

George Seifert Walsh's D.C took over after Coach Walsh retired and continued to lead tough men through tough times, once again in real life not online.

Just wanted to give you an opportunity to see real people doing tough things, roasting their opponents, even in super bowls.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LOL

Glorydayz = Facts
Rookie = 🐂 💩

Rosted?

LOL

Yes roasted!!!

LMAO

No Facts = Roasted

Just wanted to give you some of the real history of the 49ers, based on you believing I received a social media roasting today. Sometimes I know its a bit hard to believe that football didn't begin in the 21st century. There was actually a time when things were physically tough, and you had tough people that didn't sit behind a keyboard believing they were tough.

Bill Walsh for example instilled both physical and mental toughness in his players. Not online but on the field face to face, man to man.

George Seifert Walsh's D.C took over after Coach Walsh retired and continued to lead tough men through tough times, once again in real life not online.

Just wanted to give you an opportunity to see real people doing tough things, roasting their opponents, even in super bowls.

You posting random videos has nothing to do with the nonsense you've been posting.

Take a break, have some self awareness, and be a bit humble.

Never thought it was a realistic possibility that fans would believe a bunch of moves the team made not only didn't indicate a lack of confidence in Trey Lance, but they also happened in spite of a strong belief in their 7th rounder based on a few reps in training camp.

Every one of their moves from 22 (starting with training camp) through the offseason of 23 indicated they were uncomfortable with the QB position. Starters and backups.

Yeah, I felt like it was obvious they were uncomfortable. They wanted to move off of Jimmy but also knew he was capable of winning games if healthy. They were hoping Trey would improve but I don't think they felt like he was. Both of them kept getting serious injuries.

I think they felt like they didn't have any clear dependable long term options and their short term options weren't reliable.

Brock really did save this franchises ass. I personally don't think we even make the playoffs if we had Trey or Darnold starting. If we do, it would of been dicey.

overall, the team was in a desperate situation, IMO, before Brock came out of no where.
You posting random videos has nothing to do with the nonsense you've been posting.

Take a break, have some self awareness, and be a bit humble.

This
Originally posted bglorydayz:
LMAO

No Facts = Roasted

why are you acting like youre the only one who experienced this era. im probably older than you (54). Seifert inherited Walsh's team when they won the SB in '89. Seifert blew many games after that. George a leader? Seifert was the dude who didnt want to expose Young to a competition with Joe for the starting QB position disrespecting Joe in the process by not speaking to him one on one about it. then when the initial trade talks with KC broke down and it appeared Joe would be back, he hastily announced Joe would be the "designated starter" going into camp. Joe basically told him and the team to f**k off after that and the trade was back on. the acquisition of Deion put the team over the top in '94.

he wasn't a very good HC when he was in CAR. his record shows that.

1999: 8-8
2000: 7-9
2001: 1-15
[ Edited by boast on Jun 6, 2024 at 8:37 PM ]
I'm questioning the validity of public comments that are clearly at odds with what happened in reality.

I don't see the big lie you attribute to their statements. They clearly liked what Brock was showing in training camp 2022, but had no evidence to suggest it would translate to performance in games, as it was so limited in terms of snaps/opportunities. The media members have essentially confirmed this, too. That's the main reason why Brock was 3rd on the depth chart, along with having the investment in Lance that they needed to see play out, and having Garoppolo - a known commodity - surprisingly still available. It's also why they were ready to move on so quicky from both Jimmy (no interest in re-signing in 2023) and Trey (traded) once Brock had his 2022 game film and proved he was recovered from the elbow surgery by pre-season 2023. Brock was even named the starter before he returned from his rehab, so at least by the 2023 offseason they had made up their minds, but the injury recovery was the hold up, so they had to have a contingency, hence bringing in Darnold to compete with Lance.
[ Edited by captveg on Jun 6, 2024 at 9:01 PM ]
this thread has descended into Farce now.
Share 49ersWebzone