There are 237 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
There's no disrespect. I love the guy. But I have a feeling the 9ers are higher on him than rest of league. Just like they were with Jimmy

Big difference between Jimmy and Deebo is that Deebo has clearly demonstrated he belongs amongst top skill players over his career thus far, especially if you consider combined yardage. Jimmy never really proved he was a top level QB. I'd place him a whole category (at least) down from Deebo as a proven talent.

Edit: Another point to make is that the 49ers didn't exactly rate Deebo sky-high. They were backed up by him and his team during contract talks and just had to make a decision about whether to keep him or not. Likely most of the league would like Deebo at some price though.
[ Edited by joeknows on Apr 30, 2024 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by joeknows:
Big difference between Jimmy and Deebo is that Deebo has clearly demonstrated he belongs amongst top skill players over his career thus far, especially if you consider combined yardage. Jimmy never really proved he was a top level QB. I'd place him a whole category (at least) down from Deebo as a proven talent.

Edit: Another point to make is that the 49ers didn't exactly rate Deebo sky-high. They were backed up by him and his team during contract talks and just had to make a decision about whether to keep him or not. Likely most of the league would like Deebo at some price though.

Absolutely. But the point wasn't that they are comparable it's that the team overvalues them.

Perhaps there is still a team that will look at their roster and make an offer with a future 1st round pick banking on him being a major piece for this year. We shall see.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 30, 2024 at 8:04 AM ]
Absolutely. But the point wasn't that they are comparable it's that the team overvalues them.

Perhaps there is still a team that will look at their roster and make an offer with a future 1st round pick banking on him being a major piece for this year. We shall see.

In your world, all posts circle back, to Jimmy
ol rent free Jimmy G
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
ol rent free Jimmy G

Was making a point about the team overvaluing guys they personally like. Is he not an example?

Another projection post from the guy who trolls Kyle in every thread.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 30, 2024 at 11:26 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

ol rent free Jimmy G

I have two issues with Deebo.

His health is the main thing and why he's not as valued. We all said years ago his style doesnt equal a long career. Not his fault, but availability is the best ability.

The other issue is last year when he knew he wasn't getting the ball we often didn't see that effort like we used to, but we know he wasnt 100% either.... That's still a red flag and I'm sure this draft was Kyles message to him about it.
There's a physical play with Deebo that seeps into the offense when he's on the field. The offense seems to need that presence with Deebo when the going gets tough, when they need a spark. But I was a bit disappointed in both Deebo and Kittle last year from the playoffs to the SB. They weren't the same. The physical vibe came from 3rd and Jauan Jennings.

If Deebo goes, they will missed the physical aspect of his play, but it seemed halfway gone already judging from last year. Hope we get the old Deebo back this year.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 1, 2024 at 6:36 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
There's a physical play with Deebo that seeps into the offense when he's on the field. The offense seems to need that presence with Deebo when the going gets tough, when they need a spark. But I was a bit disappointed in both Deebo and Kittle last year from the playoffs to the SB. They weren't the same. The physical vibe came from 3rd and Jauan Jennings.

If Deebo goes, they will missed the physical aspect of his play, but it seemed halfway gone already judging from last year. Hope we get the old Deebo back this year.

We had old Deebo vs the Rams, Giants, Seahawks, Cardinals and Eagles. Other than those games he didn't do much. He dominated 2 games.. disappeared 5 + 2 injured... dominated 4 games... 1 decent game...then disappeared the final 4 + 1 meaningless game.
[ Edited by Brucey72 on May 1, 2024 at 7:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

His health is the main thing and why he's not as valued. We all said years ago his style doesnt equal a long career. Not his fault, but availability is the best ability.

The other issue is last year when he knew he wasn't getting the ball we often didn't see that effort like we used to, but we know he wasnt 100% either.... That's still a red flag and I'm sure this draft was Kyles message to him about it.

What plays are you referring to?
Originally posted by Brucey72:
We had old Deebo vs the Rams, Giants, Seahawks, Cardinals and Eagles. Other than those games he didn't do much. He dominated 2 games.. disappeared 5 + 2 injured... dominated 4 games... 1 decent game...then disappeared the final 4 + 1 meaningless game.

And we needed to win all those games to get to the SB.

we had other games where Kittle and BA didn't show up either…everyone has a role. None of these guys are gonna be all-pros every game on this team.

IMO you put him on the Titans, broncos or Steelers he's gonna put up legit numbers because they don't have pro-bowlers all over their offensive roster.

I love me some Deebo…he's the heart of this team. He's a dog. He's our vibe on offense. I'm glad they didn't move him…would be stupid given how close we are to winning it all.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 1, 2024 at 7:26 AM ]

Originally posted by northoakland510:
This team lost three in a row without Deebo. When he wasn't on the field Kyle couldn't run his offense. The Deebo disrespect has to stop.

There's no disrespect. I love the guy. But I have a feeling the 9ers are higher on him than rest of league. Just like they were with Jimmy

That's a great reason not to trade him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

we had other games where Kittle and BA didn't show up either…everyone has a role. None of these guys are gonna be all-pros every game on this team.

IMO you put him on the Titans, broncos or Steelers he's gonna put up legit numbers because they don't have pro-bowlers all over their offensive roster.

I love me some Deebo…he's the heart of this team. He's a dog. He's our vibe on offense. I'm glad they didn't move him…would be stupid given how close we are to winning it all.

I love Deebo too and am also glad that they didn't trade. I think having Pearsall this year will allow him to not be beat down come playoff time. He can dominate for stretches and then gets worn down by the way he plays. I hope this allows him to be the home run hitter he is without having to design the offense around him. We might see a lot less touches but more explosive plays this year

I love Deebo too and am also glad that they didn't trade. I think having Pearsall this year will allow him to not be beat down come playoff time. He can dominate for stretches and then gets worn down by the way he plays. I hope this allows him to be the home run hitter he is without having to design the offense around him. We might see a lot less touches but more explosive plays this year

Unfortunately one of the receivers is going to have to go next year when Brock gets paid. It's a numbers game. We've seen better receivers than Deebo released or allowed to leave because of salary.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

What plays are you referring to?

A bunch tbh. JTO talked about on his youtube a lot when reviewing Purdy. When he started pointing it out you notice it, he notes he wasn't 100% in a lot of games, but some plays its obvious.
Originally posted by joeknows:

Overvalued is a bit hard to pin down in both player's cases. Garoppolo got a 3-year $70M contract after leaving the 49ers, so I wouldn't say they 'overvalued' him compared to the rest of the league.
Deebo is a unique player, and further, uniquely valuable in this particular system, so even if the 49ers went beyond what other teams would have done to secure him, that doesn't automatically equate to overvaluing.

Despite some of the doom and gloom on here, the 49ers have been incredibly successful under the current regime (in comparison to most of the other teams in the NFL). You have to ask - would that success be happening without [player x]?

Jimmy - Niners said 'yes' - and they were right.
Deebo - Niners said 'no' - I believe they were right about that too.
Share 49ersWebzone