There are 150 users in the forums

Predictions for the coming season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1) We are staying with Jimmy. We are not going to trade him, because whoever is out there that is available not named Deshaun Watson, is not a clear and significant improvement over him. He will start the next season. And we don't have the cap room or draft picks that will swing a deal for a superior QB to Jimmy. All this talk of Darnold coming here or Cousins, or whoever, is just nonsense.

2) Mullens is gone. Not going to be re-signed, not going to be offered. Our back up QB group will see changes

3) Rosen will be the back up, and maybe Beathard back as 3rd string, with Josh Johnson as the 4th.

4) We are not going to draft a QB with the 12th pick. I don't care who is out there. We have other more serious needs then QB that warrants spending a 12th pick on.

5) We are not going to trade out of the 12th pick, we need it and we will use it.

6) The injuries will be no where as bad as last season by virtue that we will have a full practice and OTA schedule to condition and get the bodies up to speed.

7) We have drafted well in the later rounds, and we will continue to do so, to get cheaper. Therefore, we will start a lot of rookies next season, and re-sign a limited number of our free agents. I really hope the new crew of coaches can coach them up.
18-1
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
18-1

I like that prediction!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice list - I can dig it.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 12, 2021 at 1:43 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:

19-0, anyone who predicts other wise is delusional
I couldn't read past point #1
I think all bets are off at the 12th pick, a QB is definitely in play if the right guy is there, just like any other position. Pick 12 is BPA just like any top half of the first round pick can and should be when you dont have a glaring hole you just have to fill. I think the front office would LOVE to have a elite rookie in the QB room. not just to push Jimmy, but to provide real insurance if he gets hurt as he is prone to do. They wont over commit to it, we could also use a high end corner prospect, another edge rusher or if we were to trade back some and interior line blue chipper. But we wont be in a position where we have to get any one thing.
They will trade Warner and draft an inferior player with that pick.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I couldn't read past point #1

Hate for Jimmy G getting in the way of that?? Face it, Jimmy G is gonna be the QB for the San Francisco 49ers!!!

Btw, I agree with everything, except #5, if their guy isn't there or will be there in by a trade down. Don't expect them to stay where they're at they only picked Bosa when they have stayed, which was a no-brainer.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
18-1

As long as the "-1" isn't the the Superbowl, like the 1984 Niners, and not the 2007 patriots lol
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Feb 12, 2021 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
They will trade Warner and draft an inferior player with that pick.

It is much easier to sign Warner for long term than Buckner, because Warner was a 3rd round pick and Buckner was a first round pick. Warner should really want a long term deal for his protection.

You must either be a genius the complete opposite. You have already conclude Kinlaw is an interior player compare to Buckner in the long run? That is what you are implying, correct?
Why in the world would this origination go with a qb who cannot stay healthy? Try not showing up to your job every other year and see how that works out.

Maybe they really see something in Rosen but they cant be sure since he didnt play.

I really think they need to pull the trigger and either bite the bullet and give up picks to draft Wilson or make a trade for Darnold. He comes cheaper than Jimmy and would not take alot to trade for especially if the Jets want a new qp in the draft. Plus he is way more mobile than Jimmy who cant get out of his own way anymore.
Jimmy g and Rosen. Not even a rookie? I'd be extremely disappointed in that. s**t almost made me cry thinking about it.
Share 49ersWebzone