There are 192 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
It would have to be a great offer for the team to trade him, because of the dead cap cost that trading Lance would bring on. It would be more expensive to our cap to trade him than keep him.

i wonder if we can make another team take on the dead cap if we trade him.

A lot of people seem to either not know this or can't comprehend it
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
His value is def the highest it'll be right now without him putting on great film, that's because the fifth year option.

if we hold Trey and don't play him next year, no one is going to give much for an unknown on an expiring contract. But if he's traded this off season, it gives a team a chance to see him play for a year before deciding on executing the fifth year option.
trade him this off season: a team can get three years of contract out of him at a cheap price.
trade him next off season: a team gets one year.

it's very very clear where his most value is.

The 9ers did in 2017.

The difference was Jimmy G was ready to play and demonstrated that in his limited opportunities at NE. The Niners was ready to franchise tag him if needed. Trey Lance is very raw and shown he wasn't ready to play. If we keep him next season and doesn't get much playing time, the team trading for him will only get one year to see what he has. Would that team be ready to franchise tag him after year 4?
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 18, 2023 at 9:12 AM ]
high draft picks are coveted, if teams could buy them they would! losing $20MM to deal lance for picks would be worth it
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
high draft picks are coveted, if teams could buy them they would! losing $20MM to deal lance for picks would be worth it

His mechanics are second nature to him, at least his footwork and it's beautiful 😍😍.

When I look at Purdys college career - he really showed nothing that would mean he wouldn't be a good player at the pros. He just doesn't have a cannon and tried to do too much, which backfired on him.

his intangibles are amazing, so far. I also really love that he is an absolute football junky. I like that cause it means he is most likely aware of every rule and regulation for the game, he's the type to read the Manuel page to page. Lmao

but most importantly, I think his football junkiness aligns him with shanahan. I'm not say our other QBs aren't, but it does seem like this is the best Kyles aligned with a QB since Matt Ryan. When they're aligned so well, I think it transfers over to the field and he can see what and why shanahan is calling certain plays and what he is trying to set up.
Been thinking of the same thing. What if Shanahan found a McDaniel, or La Fluer, or McVay or another Shanahan from one of his players. This will only be a plus plus for the team for a very long time.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
It would have to be a great offer for the team to trade him, because of the dead cap cost that trading Lance would bring on. It would be more expensive to our cap to trade him than keep him.

i wonder if we can make another team take on the dead cap if we trade him.

A lot of people seem to either not know this or can't comprehend it

I've noticed that. Haha
I believe if we trade him this off season, it's a dead cap hit of approx $20M and if it's next year it's slightly over $10M.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

Yeah, idk if I agree with this. Plus if we want to move up, we have 11 draft picks.
I don't know why trade TL is the hot topic

A) we can't trade anyone right now. no trades are authorized until new league year
B) we need more than 1 QB in 2023. QB room won't be BCB sitting by himself even if you think he's the GOAT we need other QBs

let's get back to the NFL postseason and Brock.. you got all offseason to do a TL trade value thread there will be many months of nothing to discuss but stuff like that
Lance posted a pic on IG of Ram Catherton with three fingers crossed emoji. Not sure what he meant but it's easy to assume that it's he is hoping he is traded there to start? Seems uncharacteristic of him, but maybe? He could just be wishing the guy luck.

im super confident about the niners this weekend. Not that it'll be an easy game, but that we will handle them. We are better and Purdy doesn't have to do anything special to win

Florio's trying to start s**t for clicks

Trey Lance is irrelevant at this point. He can't play and he cwrtainlt he isn't getting traded anytime soon.

WTF is with people?

Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Yeah it's gonna be tough. Dak finally has a great game... looking off defenders... Big Mike calling some nice plays to get people open.. their defense just punking the Bucs.

They are going to want revenge SO BAD after we knocked them out last year, even though Jimmy did everything he can to keep them in the game. Well Jimmy is not the QB this time. I loved how happy Jerrah and Cowboy players and fans were after that Bucs win. They are on the highest of highs, and we get to slap them back down.

I just hope Dak's inconsistency is consistent this weekend so he has a garbage game.

We will force atleast 1 or 2 turnovers in this game.

That's what's funny about Dallas. They have a pretty potent offense and should be respected, but man Dak throws some crazy bone-headed picks sometimes. He alone completely destroys them. He is a more explosive version of Jimmy G. He moves the ball up-and-down the field, but their fans are on pins and needles just hoping that terrible interception doesn't occur.

yeah Dak gets more Air Yards with his INT's
Yeah it's gonna be tough. Dak finally has a great game... looking off defenders... Big Mike calling some nice plays to get people open.. their defense just punking the Bucs.

They are going to want revenge SO BAD after we knocked them out last year, even though Jimmy did everything he can to keep them in the game. Well Jimmy is not the QB this time. I loved how happy Jerrah and Cowboy players and fans were after that Bucs win. They are on the highest of highs, and we get to slap them back down.

I just hope Dak's inconsistency is consistent this weekend so he has a garbage game.

That's what's funny about Dallas. They have a pretty potent offense and should be respected, but man Dak throws some crazy bone-headed picks sometimes. He alone completely destroys them. He is a more explosive version of Jimmy G. He moves the ball up-and-down the field, but their fans are on pins and needles just hoping that terrible interception doesn't occur.

Those air yards are very important when evaluating QB performance though.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't know why trade TL is the hot topic

A) we can't trade anyone right now. no trades are authorized until new league year
B) we need more than 1 QB in 2023. QB room won't be BCB sitting by himself even if you think he's the GOAT we need other QBs

let's get back to the NFL postseason and Brock.. you got all offseason to do a TL trade value thread there will be many months of nothing to discuss but stuff like that

Can't bash Lance in a locked Lance thread. Limits the options.

he threw a lot prettier more explosive picks than Jimmy G

he threw a lot prettier more explosive picks than Jimmy G

🤣
Share 49ersWebzone