Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by captveg:
Jimmy managed the game. With this defense (better than last year), that's what you need to win.

Problem is it makes the margin far thinner than it should be. Last week was a perfect example of that. Tonight to a lesser degree as well, as offense should have scored more than 17 if the QB could make a few more big play throws.

Last week Jimmy didn't manage the game. He was an incredible liability.

And what of this do you dispute?

once agqin turning a blind eye to shanny's inadequate stinker play calls, leaving a lot 3rd and forevers for jimmy. over time, jimmy will get more and more nervous if the plays don't work. nervous jimmy equals bad jimmy. the trick is to make jimmy happy. happy jimmy equals good jimmy. That's the entire 2022 offensive season right there in a nutshell.

When I see six or seven wide open TDs called that the QB doesn't see, it's ABSURD for me to think they are "stinker play calls."

that's because the ball isn't going there and everybody knows it including the D. If kyle said, jimmy your first read is juice on the post, that's where the ball would go.

I don't hate shanny but I'm aghast at jimmy being the fall guy when shanny get's caught short on his playbook

Yeah no. That's nothing but Jimmyexcuses. Even Shanahan had said you'd rather the QB see it and make the play. Even jonnydel has pointed out there are alerts in Kyle's offense which usurp the progression order. And anyone who has every played QB ever in the history of the world can tell you if you see a busted coverage you exploit it immediately, unless the goal is to suck the clock dry or some other reason.

And also, no, the reason they are wide open is because of Shanahan's play designs. They're wide open for Lance too. And were for Mullens and Beathard.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Oct 3, 2022 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I heard that fan that was on the field was cleared by the Miami staff to return in the 2nd half.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Enjoyable win.

Defense absolutely brilliant.

Offense got the running game going.

Jimmy avoided turnovers made the plays when he had to.

So happy.

This is a championship formula, if we can keep it up.

Gotta score more, I gotta see it against KC in 3 weeks tho. KC is going to get theirs

Ideally the thing works together cohesively with the offense keeping the other team off the field, except for those explosives. But yeah, probably can't stop the likes of KC. It will be a great test for this defense.
The defense is fantastic.

The offense is not good. The running game is really lacking that playmaker that mostert and even brieda brought in 2019. Without an explosive running back this offense isn't putting more than 17 to 24 points.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
What is your explanation for the offensive regressing to this extreme of a point? The players are still here that played last year. The one difference is the loss of the offensive coordinator. Like I've said I don't think he makes things easy on his players. His offensive mind leaves a lot to be desired.

McDaniels was OC only in name. He wasn't making the play calls and he will tell you that.

it's the 4th game of the yr and we game planned all off season for Lance. Now we have to regroup and game plan for Jimmy. Different personnel at the most important position. Don't act like you didn't see wide open guys tonight. The commentators pointed out two plays that would have added 14 more pts. Kyle can't throw the ball too. We've been winning a ton of game with a avg QB. Unless you think Jimmy is some dynamic QB with a ton of untapped potential? If so then we will disagree.

it's hard to win in the NFL, it's even harder to win when you constantly have the worse QB walking into the game.

JGhater85 at it again

He undermines his credibility with statements like that. A lot of good postings wasted ....

He was the worse QB in the game (on paper) the last two weeks. He will be the worse QB when we play the Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, and Bucs. That's 10 games out of 17. And the 7 games where he is better than the QB (Geno twice, Fields if Jimmy happened to start the Bears game, Baker, Mariotta, Wentz, and Tua, though Tua may surpas him), all of those QB are awful. As it stands Jimmy is only better than the very worst starting QBs in the league or guys who do not have enough of a track record to say he is better than them. With that said, I like Jimmy and think he's a good QB, but he holds back the offense and unfortunately as of yet, Jimmy is the best QB Kyle has had here. Hopefully Trey develops.

He's recovering from major surgery to his dominant shoulder, hasn't practiced with the team all off season. This is effectively his pre-season, and he's knocking the rust off. He's been a winner for this team who has fallen short of hopes. Sorry, but to call him the worst discloses a hyper-critical negativity that is not persuasive.

Lol this game is peak Jimmy. This is the best he can be: a guy who moves the chains and protects the ball. And, by the way, it is PRECISELY why he "just wins." (I know: I did an in depth statistical analysis on it. The main things he does well that correlates the very most with winning is 1D% and 3D%)
Facts. I'd love for him to get better, but we've more or less seen all there is from him.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

The offense is not good. The running game is really lacking that playmaker that mostert and even brieda brought in 2019. Without an explosive running back this offense isn't putting more than 17 to 24 points.

It's like Steve Young said with short preseason and starters not really playing.. first 4 are kinda like the new preseason..

I expect offense to pick up as we go especially as JG gets more rhythm / arm fitness and we get more health at rb

I expect D to have ups and downs.. will be hard to maintain this all year.. seasons have an ebb and flow

to navigate the early season 2-2 is pretty good and in first place.. we are the most talented team in our div imo.. just have to prove it

It's like Steve Young said with short preseason and starters not really playing.. first 4 are kinda like the new preseason..

I expect offense to pick up as we go especially as JG gets more rhythm / arm fitness and we get more health at rb

I expect D to have ups and downs.. will be hard to maintain this all year.. seasons have an ebb and flow

to navigate the early season 2-2 is pretty good and in first place.. we are the most talented team in our div imo.. just have to prove it

If the passing offense gets better than it was tonight, it's not because Jimmy "shook off the rust." It's because he got better.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Enjoyable win.

Defense absolutely brilliant.

Offense got the running game going.

Jimmy avoided turnovers made the plays when he had to.

So happy.

This is a championship formula, if we can keep it up.

Gotta score more, I gotta see it against KC in 3 weeks tho. KC is going to get theirs

Ideally the thing works together cohesively with the offense keeping the other team off the field, except for those explosives. But yeah, probably can't stop the likes of KC. It will be a great test for this defense.

They just have to run the ball way better if that's gonna be the formula against those explosive offenses with elite qbs. I no doubt think this is a SB d but I just have a hard time seeing them beat TB, KC or hopefully like BUF in Feb with a qb like Jimmy. Only way I see it is if our running game is lights out and can play keep away
What is your explanation for the offensive regressing to this extreme of a point? The players are still here that played last year. The one difference is the loss of the offensive coordinator. Like I've said I don't think he makes things easy on his players. His offensive mind leaves a lot to be desired.

McDaniels was OC only in name. He wasn't making the play calls and he will tell you that.

it's the 4th game of the yr and we game planned all off season for Lance. Now we have to regroup and game plan for Jimmy. Different personnel at the most important position. Don't act like you didn't see wide open guys tonight. The commentators pointed out two plays that would have added 14 more pts. Kyle can't throw the ball too. We've been winning a ton of game with a avg QB. Unless you think Jimmy is some dynamic QB with a ton of untapped potential? If so then we will disagree.

it's hard to win in the NFL, it's even harder to win when you constantly have the worse QB walking into the game.

JGhater85 at it again

He undermines his credibility with statements like that. A lot of good postings wasted ....

He was the worse QB in the game (on paper) the last two weeks. He will be the worse QB when we play the Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, and Bucs. That's 10 games out of 17. And the 7 games where he is better than the QB (Geno twice, Fields if Jimmy happened to start the Bears game, Baker, Mariotta, Wentz, and Tua, though Tua may surpas him), all of those QB are awful. As it stands Jimmy is only better than the very worst starting QBs in the league or guys who do not have enough of a track record to say he is better than them. With that said, I like Jimmy and think he's a good QB, but he holds back the offense and unfortunately as of yet, Jimmy is the best QB Kyle has had here. Hopefully Trey develops.

He's recovering from major surgery to his dominant shoulder, hasn't practiced with the team all off season. This is effectively his pre-season, and he's knocking the rust off. He's been a winner for this team who has fallen short of hopes. Sorry, but to call him the worst discloses a hyper-critical negativity that is not persuasive.

Lol this game is peak Jimmy. This is the best he can be: a guy who moves the chains and protects the ball. And, by the way, it is PRECISELY why he "just wins." (I know: I did an in depth statistical analysis on it. The main things he does well that correlates the very most with winning is 1D% and 3D%)
Facts. I'd love for him to get better, but we've more or less seen all there is from him.
So smug, so confident. But I'm not buying it.
Lots to be happy about but the fact that the O line gave up 0 sacks tonight makes me more happy than anything…. Other than the W of course.

JGhater85 at it again

So smug, so confident. But I'm not buying it.

You have six years of evidence. Jimmy's has had a whopping six games with three or more touchdown passes. His ideal manifestation is as a turnover=free game manager, like tonight. Which, by the way, is underrated around these parts.

if he becomes one those "the Guy" guys this year, it won't be due to shaking off rust. It will be due to getting better.

If the passing offense gets better than it was tonight, it's not because Jimmy "shook off the rust." It's because he got better.

I still haven't seen much downfield since he came back.. I mean even moreso than normal..

Arm fatigue was mentioned post game he's still dealing with it is my understanding.. plan today was very screen heavy.. was not on the same page with Kittle on an incompletion as well..

Steve was talking about timing saying it takes longer to establish that on offense and offense tends to start slower than D.. which we are seeing
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Lots to be happy about but the fact that the O line gave up 0 sacks tonight makes me more happy than anything…. Other than the W of course.

Some of that was on Jimmy getting rid of the ball quickly and decisively, and some was on the screen passes called. And one in particular was Jimmy scrambling away from pressure. Bad choice at the end, but good movement.

I still haven't seen much downfield since he came back.. I mean even moreso than normal..

Arm fatigue was mentioned post game he's still dealing with it is my understanding.. plan today was very screen heavy.. was not on the same page with Kittle on an incompletion as well..

Steve was talking about timing saying it takes longer to establish that on offense and offense tends to start slower than D.. which we are seeing

I think the screen heavy play-calling was a means of attacking the Rams excellent pass rush. This is why I've said many times he is the ideal qB to beat the Rams (aside from the elite QBs, of course). He gets rid of the ball extremely fast and is usually great in the screen game.

I think the screen heavy play-calling was a means of attacking the Rams excellent pass rush. This is why I've said many times he is the ideal qB to beat the Rams (aside from the elite QBs, of course). He gets rid of the ball extremely fast and is usually great in the screen game.

That makes sense. No Trent plus Aaron Donald can be a recipe for disaster if you are asking JG to hold the ball
Share 49ersWebzone