LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 159 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm meh on Joe Buck but I thought that was a good call. He pointed out Deebo versus Ramsey 1 on 1 in the open field as it was happening. That's a showdown all football fans should be aware of as it happens.

Joe Buck is like Nickelback. He's not the greatest, but doesn't deserve the hate he's received

I love Nickelback, and don't really care for Joe Buck.

I called Jalen Ramsey overrated a few weeks ago, and was met with eye rolls. Glad some of you are getting on board now

now if only Jimmy can start throwing and completing to open guys

DBs who take intense contact really age quick. Saw this with Jamal Adams who is totally breaking down at this point. He played extremely physical every play. Ramsey perhaps also?

I called Jalen Ramsey overrated a few weeks ago, and was met with eye rolls. Glad some of you are getting on board now

now if only Jimmy can start throwing and completing to open guys

I've always said he's overrated. Him and Patrick Peterson have graded poorly in coverage for good stretches of their careers. That's what happens when you're an elite athlete but your technique is average to poor. There's a huge gap between them and someone like Revis or Bailey imo.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I'm still blown away by the defensive masterpiece last night. I could watch the D all night.

If they can keep this up it can go down as one of the best D ever. We can kiss Ryans goodbye after this year. He will be a head coach next year, hopefully we have someone who can take over.

Fangio
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm meh on Joe Buck but I thought that was a good call. He pointed out Deebo versus Ramsey 1 on 1 in the open field as it was happening. That's a showdown all football fans should be aware of as it happens.

Joe Buck is like Nickelback. He's not the greatest, but doesn't deserve the hate he's received

Miss me with that one. Not sure what a slot CB has to do with this.
Does anyone have a clip of Juice running free on top of the rams D last night?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

That one hurt!

That series sucks. Ramsey knocks down a pass at the LOS on a big play. Miss Juice open right down the field uncovered. High to Jennings who also was wide opened.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 4, 2022 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

That one hurt!
4F6 won't believe this !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That one hurt!
4F6 won't believe this !

He needs more Faith.

That one hurt!

That series sucks. Ramsey knocks down a pass at the LOS on a big play. Miss Juice open right down the field uncovered. High to Jennings who also was wide opened.

That would have been a huge gain. Maybe even a touchdown. Perfect call by Shanahan.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

That one hurt!

That would have been a huge gain. Maybe even a touchdown. Perfect call by Shanahan.

It was. And perfect call by their DC too. a*****e! LOL
Originally posted by Waterbear:

That one hurt!

It was. And perfect call by their DC too. a*****e! LOL

Originally posted by Heed49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The D obviously played lights out last night and Deebo had a great game. This may be nit picking but the offense still concerns me.m Jimmy's completion percentage is way down in all 3 games from wher eit usually is. The running game is suffering with the new O line and the fact that Williams is out.

Once again they got an early lead and did almost nothing in the second half. The O only scored 3 points. If Hufanga doesn't get that pick six that game would have been another nail biter on a night that the D was destroying the Rams O line. They need to start scoring some 2 half points if they want to go all the way. Either that or score 28 or more in the first half. There are teams on the schedule that the defense won't be able to stop so easily. The Rams had Kupp and their tight end. No running game at all. They also had an O line that is in worse shape than the 49ers.

Kittle gets that second foot down or Juice is the primary read when he was all by himself on a streak & that would have been an extra 14 points plus all those yards. Also would have made the 2nd half less stressful on the fans watching.

Here's another if. If the Rams pickoff that pass that Deebo took to the house we have a likely 14 point swing. This isn't just about last night. It's a trend that goes back to the SB against the Chiefs. For whatever reason the 49ers seem to take their foot off the gas when they get a lead of 10 points or so. It's cost the team some games when they let teams hang around when they should be putting them away. It may be Kyle getting more conservative or maybe the defenses are adjusting and Kyler isn't.
Here's another if. If the Rams pickoff that pass that Deebo took to the house we have a likely 14 point swing. This isn't just about last night. It's a trend that goes back to the SB against the Chiefs. For whatever reason the 49ers seem to take their foot off the gas when they get a lead of 10 points or so. It's cost the team some games when they let teams hang around when they should be putting them away. It may be Kyle getting more conservative or maybe the defenses are adjusting and Kyler isn't.

To me it's the conservative decisions. Two punts in plus territory and a FG shorter than a PAT. That's 3 drives 3 points. Could have been 21 points. 18 points KS kicked away. I suspect going for it would have yielded more than 3 points. Unless you think we fail every single time, in which case, maybe we deserve to lose..
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Our running game is not where it needs to be. Not good. We leave guys like Juice, Kittle into block and this is the result? We definitely cant ask Jimmy to win games for us so get the running game going or its going be trouble.

The running game is going to suffer when you have 3 new guys in the middle to start the season. Then you lose Williams who is your best run blocker. What do you expect?

Thats the coach/GM decision to make these types of decision along the OL. I will assume they drafted and groomed them with intent to be exemplary run blockers in the Shany offense since this is a run first philosophy.
Again we have Juice and Kittle in blocking with no real overall positive outcome. I keep hearing how integral they are to the run game thus sacrificing their skills as pass catchers.

If we cant pound the rock consistently then we will lose and if we are not going to run the ball then get Kittle and Juice involved as pass catchers. The problem with that is now you put the ball in Jimmys hands more often........
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 4, 2022 at 3:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone