SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
It was 4th down with a few seconds left on the clock. Jenning's was wide open down the side line. Jimmy threw it but I couldn't tell if it was batted at the LOS or not. That thing was a dead duck that hit the ground well short of Jennings.

What do you think the Rams are defending on the last play of the half? They are protecting the endzone. JJ was doubled. JG realized this is not on.. meaning he's not open.. throw it wayyyy out of bounds intentionally.. go into halftime.

They way the TV broadcast captured the play you can't see the defender who's like 5 yards away from JJ he's off the screen (Ramsey iirc) which dupes ppl into thinking JJ was uncovered.. he was not Rams had him very much accounted for

edit - this may surprise some.. but .. no.. the LA Rams do not allow us to run wide open go routes uncovered on final play of half.. would be nice but alas

So you don't try to pass to him and give him a chance? Your explanation is good, but doesn't excuse not giving your playmakers a chance to possibly go down the field. Who knows ? Maybe a penalty if LA gives us a shot at a FG.

Comeon man !
finally some who gets it and is not trying to protect wittle jimmy

Madden is fun!

It would be nice to have a QB who could take a shot and potentially get either a penalty or an overthrow. Carson Wentz did that to us last year.
Originally posted by NCommand:
It was 4th down with a few seconds left on the clock. Jenning's was wide open down the side line. Jimmy threw it but I couldn't tell if it was batted at the LOS or not. That thing was a dead duck that hit the ground well short of Jennings.

What do you think the Rams are defending on the last play of the half? They are protecting the endzone. JJ was doubled. JG realized this is not on.. meaning he's not open.. throw it wayyyy out of bounds intentionally.. go into halftime.

They way the TV broadcast captured the play you can't see the defender who's like 5 yards away from JJ he's off the screen (Ramsey iirc) which dupes ppl into thinking JJ was uncovered.. he was not Rams had him very much accounted for

edit - this may surprise some.. but .. no.. the LA Rams do not allow us to run wide open go routes uncovered on final play of half.. would be nice but alas

So you don't try to pass to him and give him a chance? Your explanation is good, but doesn't excuse not giving your playmakers a chance to possibly go down the field. Who knows ? Maybe a penalty if LA gives us a shot at a FG.

Comeon man !

Madden is fun!
i'm glad you are enjoying it
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
But if there was an opportunity, we shouldn't have taken it?

You'll have to ask the coach. I believe Kyle said after the game, he wanted to run off the last few seconds without giving the Rams another possession (I believe the call was to run off the last few seconds and throw it out of bounds?)

Comeon man !

How did we end up in this position? That was legitimately the most aggressive we've been to end a half in like 2 seasons and we're still b***hing?

the very low probability play didn't work. Surprise
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Comeon man !

How did we end up in this position? That was legitimately the most aggressive we've been to end a half in like 2 seasons and we're still b***hing?

throwing out of bounds will always be low probability

Comeon man !

What play would you have run? Probably I would google how many successful plays have been ran in that exact situation and pick one of those.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 4, 2022 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Poor Aiyuk

Aiyuk needs to see the ball more guy is open a bunch out there

It would also be a moot point if Kittle gets both feet down. I've seen Rodgers pass up throws like this for the tight window in the back of the endzone and people gush over it.
Gee, I thought we won this game but clearly with all of the discussion in here and in the Jimmy thread he must have missed a ton of throws that ended up costing us the game.

Can't imagine what game I must have been watching on Sunday. I seem to recall it being pretty much of a beatdown over a Division foe that left us tied for first in the Division with a head start on any potential tie breakers. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you as you get older.
Originally posted by FL9er:
But if there was an opportunity, we shouldn't have taken it?

You'll have to ask the coach. I believe Kyle said after the game, he wanted to run off the last few seconds without giving the Rams another possession (I believe the call was to run off the last few seconds and throw it out of bounds?)

This is the stuff that is so silly. Jennings is literally only running down the field so we don't get an intentional grounding penalty and LA gets a FG try. It's a throwaway to run the 2 seconds off. The end. There's no plays Jennings isn't looking for the ball. There's no play there. The end.

But this is the discussion level over Jimmy
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Gee, I thought we won this game but clearly with all of the discussion in here and in the Jimmy thread he must have missed a ton of throws that ended up costing us the game.

Can't imagine what game I must have been watching on Sunday. I seem to recall it being pretty much of a beatdown over a Division foe that left us tied for first in the Division with a head start on any potential tie breakers. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you as you get older.

Not tied for first, alone in 1st place. We have a 2-0 Division record so we own the tie breaker

Originally posted by 49ers81:

Certainly does. 49ers did not play a game on Sunday.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Oct 4, 2022 at 5:24 PM ]

Comeon man !

What play would you have run? Probably I would google how many successful plays have been ran in that exact situation and pick one of those.
same play just throw it where only JJ can get it

results can be TD, DPI and Halftime

throwing it out of bounds is just halftime

like someone said, Wentz did that to us last year, granted it wasn't exactly the same.. but you never know if you don't try

Comeon man !

like someone said, Wentz did that to us last year, granted it wasn't exactly the same.. but you never know if you don't try

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Comeon man !

lol
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm meh on Joe Buck but I thought that was a good call. He pointed out Deebo versus Ramsey 1 on 1 in the open field as it was happening. That's a showdown all football fans should be aware of as it happens.

Joe Buck is like Nickelback. He's not the greatest, but doesn't deserve the hate he's received

Miss me with that one. Not sure what a slot CB has to do with this.

I was referring to you saying he was "meh" on Buck, probably should've put it in bold. But yes, imo Joe Buck gets a lot of undeserved hate. Like Nickelback on the internet
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Oct 4, 2022 at 5:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone