LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 208 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Originally posted by FL9er:
Not scared of the Rams at all.

Jimmy - Try not to step out of bounds while throwing a pass? Who am I kidding, this guy gives you one head scratching play per game/drive.

Hufanga - McVay is going to try to take advantage of your aggressiveness with rollouts, play-action, etc.

Rams - will try to establish the run to protect their OL/Stafford. If Armstead/Kinlaw don't play/start, that could be problematic.

All in all, both teams are flawed I expect a close, low scoring game, something like 17 -13, 20 - 17, unless multiple TOs, special teams' breakdowns.

Feels good to have electricity/internet as the last 5 days have sucked!

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
If KS's garbage offense completely wastes another defensive effort…

Dont be a hater

Go niners

I love the Niners. I hate KS and it's an objective concern. This team's defense is super bowl caliber and meanwhile, KS is out here getting our "we may never know now" franchise QB's ankle destroyed and mustering 10 points against the broncos.
A must-win tonight. Hoping for the best!
it will be interesting to see how kyle tries to mitigate our weak offensive line.
  • thl408
Pressure Stafford into some turnovers. Get the ball to Deebo and Kittle any way possible, screens, end arounds, direct snap, I don't care how just do it.
Kyle Shanahan offense rankings

2017- 12th
2018- 16th
2019- 4th
2020- 15th
2021- 7th

Looks as though when Kyle Shanahan has a starting caliber QB under center, he fields a top 10 offense. When he doesn't have a starting caliber QB, he still fields an offense that ranks in the top half of the league.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Oct 3, 2022 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

2017- 12th
2018- 16th
2019- 4th
2020- 15th
2021- 7th

Looks as though when Kyle Shanahan has a starting caliber QB under center, he fields a top 10 offense. When he doesn't have a starting caliber QB, he still fields an offense that ranks in the top half of the league.

Rose colored glasses skew of how poorly shanahan has performed.

Those rankings are by yards/not points. Points are a true metric of offensive success. Yard pileup came during blowout losses in many cases in 2017, 2018, 2020. In those cases, he ranks in the 20's...bottom third of the league.

I'm tired of making excuses for a guy who's supposed to be an innovator and the best at what he does. Those kinds of coaches don't lose in embarrassing fashion to the broncos and their clueless HC.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Jimmy isnt doing anything. His confdence is shot, the oline sucks. The playcalling sucks. He is jittery from the pocket and may have the yips. If the niners win it will have to be from turnovers created by the defense. The offense is horrendous. It's reached hostler level.

You know absolutely nothing about play calling to say what does and doesn't suck. You've proven that in here.

he's always been below avg with pocket presence. You acting shocked about this is funny. Again if Jimmy can do what he's done in the past and game manage they will win. If he can't even do that then SF isn't gonna win many games. QB has to be able to at the very least run the offense, what we saw on SNF was a QB incapable of doing that. Kyle wasn't asking much of him and he couldn't even handle that.

So what you're saying is: Lose and it's Jimmy's fault. Win and it's just because he manages. Everything is Jimmy fault.

Originally posted by YACBros85:

2017- 12th
2018- 16th
2019- 4th
2020- 15th
2021- 7th

Rose colored glasses skew of how poorly shanahan has performed.

Those rankings are by yards/not points. Points are a true metric of offensive success. Yard pileup came during blowout losses in many cases in 2017, 2018, 2020. In those cases, he ranks in the 20's...bottom third of the league.

I'm tired of making excuses for a guy who's supposed to be an innovator and the best at what he does. Those kinds of coaches don't lose in embarrassing fashion to the broncos and their clueless HC.

How do you score points without gaining yards? PPG can be just as misleading if you don't account for ST points scored from returns, defensive scores and average starting field position. Also, this is the way that all sports stats sites do their rankings.
Originally posted by BP22:
it will be interesting to see how kyle tries to mitigate our weak offensive line.

Interesting is one way to put it.
Originally posted by BP22:

Weak offensive line? This team is perfect outside of Jimmy according to some posters in here.

And Shanahan s**ts nonfat strawberry yogurt.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Jimmy isnt doing anything. His confdence is shot, the oline sucks. The playcalling sucks. He is jittery from the pocket and may have the yips. If the niners win it will have to be from turnovers created by the defense. The offense is horrendous. It's reached hostler level.

You know absolutely nothing about play calling to say what does and doesn't suck. You've proven that in here.

he's always been below avg with pocket presence. You acting shocked about this is funny. Again if Jimmy can do what he's done in the past and game manage they will win. If he can't even do that then SF isn't gonna win many games. QB has to be able to at the very least run the offense, what we saw on SNF was a QB incapable of doing that. Kyle wasn't asking much of him and he couldn't even handle that.

So what you're saying is: Lose and it's Jimmy's fault. Win and it's just because he manages. Everything is Jimmy fault.

its all on film.. film doesn't lie
I love the Niners. I hate KS and it's an objective concern. This team's defense is super bowl caliber and meanwhile, KS is out here getting our "we may never know now" franchise QB's ankle destroyed and mustering 10 points against the broncos.

You hate a HC that's won 69% of his games with a bottom barrel starter in the NFL?

kyle didn't get his QB's ankle destroyed, Brendel not holding his block did…If you hate HCs that call read option plays, then you hate 99% of HCs in the NFL.
I just hope to see our young guys improve for next year.
We either beat LA or we become their b words. No two ways aboot it.

So what you're saying is when Jimmy wins it's because of him and when he loses it's because of Kyle?

I swear to god you don't watch any NFL football outside of SF and have no clue what game manager QB play vs legit QB play looks like.

when you're QB can't read the field post snap, throws into double coverage, folds like a lawn chair when there's a sniff of pressure, & throws inaccurate passes more than accurate passes. THAT is most certainly on the QB.

if you can't recognize that, then you have no business crying about play calling. It only makes your posts more ridiculous
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 3, 2022 at 8:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone