LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 209 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Niners vs Chiefs for the Super Bowl at the Raiders home is a Raiders fan worst nightmare lol
The 49ers had so much luck in getting here, you can try and relax and see this as a bonus shot. They've really not played up to their ability lately, which hopefully means they're due for a good game.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This isn't the same Chiefs team as year's past. I really like our chances

Steve Spag is the best defensive coordinator in football. Kyle needs to whip up some surprises in the lab to keep him off his game and we just cannot have another slow start.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 29, 2024 at 7:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Chiefs offense has averaged under 22 ppg this season. If we can score 24+ on their defense, I really like our chances.

I think that is manageable.

Its clutch Mahomes that is just damn near impossible to defend.

I'm shocked they beat the ravens
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This isn't the same Chiefs team as year's past. I really like our chances

Steve Spag is the best defensive coordinator in football. Kyle needs to whip up some surprises in the lab to keep him off his game and we just cannot have another slow start.

This is the reverse of the Lions game. I'm more concerned about the Chiefs defense than their offense, Mahomes not withstanding. Their D is really good this year , especially in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Chiefs offense has averaged under 22 ppg this season. If we can score 24+ on their defense, I really like our chances.

Mahomes is a QB god and until the AFC can take him out once and for all no surprises. I think it will be Chargers and Herbert in a couple of years, maybe. Lamar cannot win the big prize. It was a bit him and awful play calls yesterday. Just shocking how bad it looked on the eye test.

Im glad we got KC.

I'm not. Lamar is really a one trick pony. Also, you can never count out Mahomes no matter how much people dislike him.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Mahomes is a QB god and until the AFC can take him out once and for all no surprises. I think it will be Chargers and Herbert in a couple of years, maybe. Lamar cannot win the big prize. It was a bit him and awful play calls yesterday. Just shocking how bad it looked on the eye test.

Im glad we got KC.

Unfortunately we're going to be subject to countless Taylor Swift shots during the game. The best way to avoid those is limit Travis Swift's receptions.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
f**k TAYLOR SWIFT

Tay Tay might not make it to the Superbowl. She'll be in Australia or Japan. It would be a helluva day of travel to barely make it in time when the game starts. I know a Swiftie who gave me all the deets about how she COULD be there, but probably won't.
[ Edited by Silky on Jan 29, 2024 at 7:25 AM ]
I hope Toney plays 🤞

Who's going the be the official ref?
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Jan 29, 2024 at 7:30 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
f**k TAYLOR SWIFT

Tay Tay might not make it to the Superbowl. She'll be in Australia or Japan. It would be a helluva day of travel to barely make it in time when the game starts. I know a Swiftie who gave me all the deets about how she COULD be there, but probably won't.

They'll set up a Swift cam wherever she's watching in Japan/Australia so the network can cut to her reactions if Kelce scores a home run.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Wait....the chiefs have 28th run defense ?! That tells me they are like us usually playing ahead.

Oh man we gotta pound that rock.

Not really. Their games have been close all year. They've struggled to stop the run and struggled to score all year. I think they only averaged like 20 points a game this year.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Some of y'all better log off on SB Sunday. I'm truly embarrassed by some of your posts when things were down. My 10 year old son had better composure.

Lmao!!
Originally posted by thl408:
They'll set up a Swift cam wherever she's watching in Japan/Australia so the network can cut to her reactions if Kelce scores a home run.

Haha swift cam, I wouldn't be surprised lol
Share 49ersWebzone