There are 129 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by 49erWill:

Floyd looks like he's trying to get out of this fight now.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/31484970/manny-pacquiao-errol-spence-jr-set-aug-21-fight-las-vegas

Pacquiao - Spence got signed. wow.

This is probably a passing the torch kind of fight but barring Crawford not being locked down this is the best fight to make at Welterweight.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/31484970/manny-pacquiao-errol-spence-jr-set-aug-21-fight-las-vegas

This is probably a passing the torch kind of fight but barring Crawford not being locked down this is the best fight to make at Welterweight.

Tank vs Barrios and Charlo vs Castano

Good boxing summer coming

spence by decision probably

but pac a legend for still fighting the young guns
  • titan
  • Veteran
Living Legend PAC!!!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

He is a legend for fighting the young guys, hopefully he's still juicing

But one of the fundamental problems for boxing is that the old guys that are a bit washed up still are the biggest draws. The young guns should be fighting each other, (on espn or something would be ideal) and building their brand. No reason why Crawford and Spence haven't fought
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

He is a legend for fighting the young guys, hopefully he's still juicing

But one of the fundamental problems for boxing is that the old guys that are a bit washed up still are the biggest draws. The young guns should be fighting each other, (on espn or something would be ideal) and building their brand. No reason why Crawford and Spence haven't fought

Pac is not what he once was, but he is definitely fighting smarter after getting starched with his hands down vs Marquez.

Because of that he's been able to prolong his career. I felt a young Keith Thurman had more power than most guys he fought and would catch him clean in an exchange and put him down, but Pac took his shots well and took his belt.

What intrigues me about this fight is that for all the finesse Spence brings to the ring, if there is one department he is lacking in... it's counterpunching and you need to be an elite counterpuncher to beat Pac
Pac is not what he once was, but he is definitely fighting smarter after getting starched with his hands down vs Marquez.

Because of that he's been able to prolong his career. I felt a young Keith Thurman had more power than most guys he fought and would catch him clean in an exchange and put him down, but Pac took his shots well and took his belt.

What intrigues me about this fight is that for all the finesse Spence brings to the ring, if there is one department he is lacking in... it's counterpunching and you need to be an elite counterpuncher to beat Pac

Spence is beating Pac. No doubt about it. Will be an easy decision

i doubt it would last that long

I got Manny by ko
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

I got Manny by ko

I'm always down to put some cash on it...
Haney on DAZN at 5:00 PDT
Didn't know sugar Shane's son is a pro and was on The Contender
[ Edited by sacniner on May 29, 2021 at 6:22 PM ]
Haney looked good, but caught one towards the end and hugged it out for two rounds. He is extremely skilled, and an elite talent... but does he have the power to really be dominant against the top of the division? Linares took all his shots and didn't look hurt once

give us Teo/Haney next. No f**king around
Share 49ersWebzone