^^
Pretty special company.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 30, 2024 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Michael Edwards

At least Edwards isn't getting his ass swept in rd. 1 at 22

A little context is required. Jordan carried bad teams to the playoffs early on, teams that would have been lottery bound absent him, and was losing to superior teams, some laden with hall of famers. Not exactly the same thing when your own team is stacked and the series was thought to be more evenly matched. I can't speak to the games or how Anthony Edwards played, because I didn't watch the games, but it's a BS cheap shot at MJ without any context and therefore wrong. Give 22 year old MJ that T-Wolves team and he will make something happen. If AE played like ass in the WCF then I hope he bounces back next year, the league is hungry for anyone who remotely resembles MJ in any capacity.
lol no one carried anything. There were 23 teams back then & 16 made the playoffs. Making playoffs with a losing record is not carrying.

Ridiculous propaganda.
I will never EVER forgive Vlade Divac for passing on Luka Doncic to draft friggin Marvin Bagley. YOU SUCK VLADE DIVAC.

Luka is gonna love all this time off.
lol no one carried anything. There were 23 teams back then & 16 made the playoffs. Making playoffs with a losing record is not carrying.

Ridiculous propaganda.

Luka is gonna love all this time off.

Luka & Kyrie are on a tear. They scare me more than Tatum and Brown on the offensive side. C's need Porzingis back and they'll need to keep their defensive intensity on max as much as possible. C's live and die by the three. We'll see how this plays out. Who is this Lively cat? 16 for 16 in the WCF, all on alley oops and dunks??
Finley said nah young buck

Ridiculous propaganda.

Team success has nothing to do with whether or not a team was carried by 1 player. I am sure you would have zero problem with someone if they said that the 2004 Cavs team was carried by Lebron James.
At least Edwards isn't getting his ass swept in rd. 1 at 22

I also find it hilarious that you Bron stans go back and forth whether or not you use age or years in the league, depending on what is more convenient for your argument.

By year 4, Jordan was a 4x All Star, an MVP and a DPOY. Ant just finished year 4. The comparison isnt even close to this point.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I also find it hilarious that you Bron stans go back and forth whether or not you use age or years in the league, depending on what is more convenient for your argument.

By year 4, Jordan was a 4x All Star, an MVP and a DPOY. Ant just finished year 4. The comparison isnt even close to this point.

Yes we know they were all "earned" awards - after all he deserved the all-star for playing 2 games one of those years. Totally legit - including that DPOY where diff in home and away splits for steals & blks were suspicious as hell.
Didn't know something so little will trigger jordan fanboys lol. Sensitive bunch like their lord and savior. They clutch onto context as soon as someone mentions his struggles winning regular season games & winning just 1 playoff game in 3 years but act as if context doesn't exists when talking about other players.

Jumping to his defense faster than habba jumps for trump is also pretty impressive.

At 22 - ANT is a more well rounded player offensively & defensively than Jordan was at 22.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 31, 2024 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Yes we know they were all "earned" awards - after all he deserved the all-star for playing 2 games one of those years. Totally legit - including that DPOY where diff in home and away splits for steals & blks were suspicious as hell.

I've heard about the the steals/blocks thing before, and it didn't just pertain to MJ. Home teams would keep scores of some of those stats and they inflated them often.

The All Star selection didn't know about that, that's funny. Played 18 games, started 7, and was an All Star lmao
Share 49ersWebzone