There are 220 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I've been saying this for years. Fantasy football is 100% luck.

While I agree luck does play a part. I wouldn't say it's 100% luck. Or the 90% NJ says.

Injuries and scheduling are really the only true lucky portions of FF in my opinion.

There is strategy in constructing and managing a team. I'd say it's at worse 50% luck.

I saw someone draft Daniel jones in the first round

bad luck
Originally posted by jimrat:

While I agree luck does play a part. I wouldn't say it's 100% luck. Or the 90% NJ says.

Injuries and scheduling are really the only true lucky portions of FF in my opinion.

There is strategy in constructing and managing a team. I'd say it's at worse 50% luck.

When you lose the other team got lucky/ fantasy football is all luck but when you win we are geniuses

Nah, its luck regardless haha

Kriz I hear what you are saying. There is a skill to building a good balanced team, as well as managing it. But that still doesnt matter when it comes to week to week matchups. The best team in the league almost never wins, and its all about matchups. If you arent scoring the most points in the league every week, then it comes down to luck.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 7, 2023 at 1:14 PM ]
I'm in 8 leagues . And every league has 1-2 people who always suck , and 1-2 who are always in it .

I don't know how the math works on that , but I would guess 33%-66% is luck , and 33%-66% is skill.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I saw someone draft Daniel jones in the first round

bad luck

I no s**t played in a league where Mike Vanderjagt would go in like the 3rd round.

It was a lower scoring league where kickers scored as almost as much as other positions but still

Kriz I hear what you are saying. There is a skill to building a good balanced team, as well as managing it. But that still doesnt matter when it comes to week to week matchups. The best team in the league almost never wins, and its all about matchups. If you arent scoring the most points in the league every week, then it comes down to luck.

While I know it happens it's very rare where a strong team is constantly playing the highest scoring team every week. In general it usually kind of balances itself out IMO.

But yes scheduling/matchups is luck. This week I scored enough to beat 7 teams other than you yet you still said I was lucky. Beating 8 out of 11 owners this week, I would have had to be unlucky to lose
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I'm in 8 leagues . And every league has 1-2 people who always suck , and 1-2 who are always in it .

I don't know how the math works on that , but I would guess 33%-66% is luck , and 33%-66% is skill.

that math when it comes to fantasy football is really simple

While I know it happens it's very rare where a strong team is constantly playing the highest scoring team every week. In general it usually kind of balances itself out IMO.

But yes scheduling/matchups is luck. This week I scored enough to beat 7 teams other than you yet you still said I was lucky. Beating 8 out of 11 owners this week, I would have had to be unlucky to lose

I said you were lucky because you beat me by 5.5 points and Justin Herbert had 4 total points. That's why.

I said you were lucky because you beat me by 5.5 points and Justin Herbert had 4 total points. That's why.

I see your 4 points by Herbert and I raise you .68 points by Geno

Injuries and scheduling almost always decides who wins. I wouldnt go as far to say 100% but its way more than 50%.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Injuries and scheduling almost always decides who wins. I wouldnt go as far to say 100% but its way more than 50%.

If I'm not mistaken the reason FF is legal is that it was argued in court and ruled that FF is more skill than luck.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/fantasy-football-is-it-illegal-gambling-49747#:~:text=Because%20fantasy%20football%20is%20a,his%20or%20her%20fantasy%20team.

Though I believe this is about DFS
[ Edited by krizay on Nov 8, 2023 at 3:13 AM ]

I put in the waiver for the wrong player
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I put in the waiver for the wrong player

Now that takes skill 😃
If I'm not mistaken the reason FF is legal is that it was argued in court and ruled that FF is more skill than luck.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/fantasy-football-is-it-illegal-gambling-49747#:~:text=Because%20fantasy%20football%20is%20a,his%20or%20her%20fantasy%20team.

DFS is completely different.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I see your 4 points by Herbert and I raise you .68 points by Geno

Yeah but Geno could have score 40 and you still would have lost LOL
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

DFS is completely different.

Although I will say that h2h DFS is basically the same thing. But in general, most people dont play 1v1 in DFS.
Share 49ersWebzone