Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 210 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

Welp. I blew it this week. Serves me right for benching the 49ers defense. Might have cost me my season.
1 team at 9-1
3 teams at 6-4
3 at 5-5

If they playoffs started today,
rubs, kriz, jimrat, blizz, ron and bigmac are in.

john you got bigmac this week. Have to win. Boise has a tough mathup with kriz.

on the Luck isnt a factor side of this:

- one team has scored 1300+ points
- 9 teams have scored 1100+ points
- 2 teams have scored 1200+ points (and these two are out of the playoffs as of right now)
- the two lowest scoring teams have scored 1115 and 1116 points and one of these teams is in the playoffs and sitting in 4th place
- oh ok
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
1 team at 9-1
3 teams at 6-4
3 at 5-5

If they playoffs started today,
rubs, kriz, jimrat, blizz, ron and bigmac are in.

john you got bigmac this week. Have to win. Boise has a tough mathup with kriz.

on the Luck isnt a factor side of this:

- one team has scored 1300+ points
- 9 teams have scored 1100+ points
- 2 teams have scored 1200+ points (and these two are out of the playoffs as of right now)
- the two lowest scoring teams have scored 1115 and 1116 points and one of these teams is in the playoffs and sitting in 4th place
- oh ok
You clearly have the best team, had the best draft, and have done a great job in picking up players. It does help that you have had the least points scored against you but you would still be the #1 team even without that. If I cant win I am rooting for you.

I need a win badly in both my leagues or my season is pretty much over. 3rd in both leagues in scoring yet my records are 3-7 and 4-6. LOL Mac, can you bench your stars this week please.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You clearly have the best team, had the best draft, and have done a great job in picking up players. It does help that you have had the least points scored against you but you would still be the #1 team even without that. If I cant win I am rooting for you.

I need a win badly in both my leagues or my season is pretty much over. 3rd in both leagues in scoring yet my records are 3-7 and 4-6. LOL Mac, can you bench your stars this week please.

If he never would have made the Evans/Gibbs trade it would be game over we playing for 2nd. Him making that trade opens the door up for someone. He's clearly the favorite but a Tua concussion or MIAs tough playoff schedule leaves the foor cracked for someone.

One bad offensive game for MIA in our playoffs. Luckily fir him he gets a bye fir the NYJ game and only have to worry bout DAL/BALT
[ Edited by krizay on Nov 14, 2023 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
If he never would have made the Evans/Gibbs trade it would be game over we playing for 2nd. Him making that trade opens the door up for someone. He's clearly the favorite but a Tua concussion or MIAs tough playoff schedule leaves the foor cracked for someone.

One bad offensive game for MIA in our playoffs. Luckily fir him he gets a bye fir the NYJ game and only have to worry bout DAL/BALT

Don't agree. I put that trade in every trade evaluator calculator and they all said do it. Waddle staying healthy is more important than the things you listed. I have CJ Stroud which would easily replace Tua's numbers. And Mike White is a way better backup than previous years if Tua does go down. He can still throw it.

Week 15 starts the playoffs and the Dolphins have the Jets. Really tough D but I hopefully have the bye. That would have been a killer for sure.

Week 16 and 17 are also good defenses though which is why I posted about this earlier in this thread. I've been looking at this and that trade didnt change anything. Dallas in Week 16 isnt as scary as it once was. Baltimore in week 17. Both defenses can be scored on, or both could hold up and kill my playoffs.

I got past my Dolphins bye week with a win and scored 167 points. What really is key is can I stay healthy and can Achane come back to the player he was prior to the injury. Prior to agreeing to the trade, I checked my lineup and had plenty of players to field week 10 on the dolphins bye week. What I didnt expect was Montgomery to get hurt and the Lions finally seeing how good Gibbs is. But with Achane its not an issue. And with McDaniels gone, the Raiders are once again committed to Jacobs (and Adams).

My team hinges on my receivers having big games.

a lot can happen between now and then. Injuries are going to kill someone. And in the playoffs, its one game. Doesnt matter how dominant a team was. Anyone can go down. Me included.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed I had the least points scored on me until you said that. lol cool. Hope that luck continues.

It was a fair trade
Don't agree. I put that trade in every trade evaluator calculator and they all said do it. Waddle staying healthy is more important than the things you listed. I have CJ Stroud which would easily replace Tua's numbers. And Mike White is a way better backup than previous years if Tua does go down. He can still throw it.

Week 15 starts the playoffs and the Dolphins have the Jets. Really tough D but I hopefully have the bye. That would have been a killer for sure.

Week 16 and 17 are also good defenses though which is why I posted about this earlier in this thread. I've been looking at this and that trade didnt change anything. Dallas in Week 16 isnt as scary as it once was. Baltimore in week 17. Both defenses can be scored on, or both could hold up and kill my playoffs.

I got past my Dolphins bye week with a win and scored 167 points. What really is key is can I stay healthy and can Achane come back to the player he was prior to the injury. Prior to agreeing to the trade, I checked my lineup and had plenty of players to field week 10 on the dolphins bye week. What I didnt expect was Montgomery to get hurt and the Lions finally seeing how good Gibbs is. But with Achane its not an issue. And with McDaniels gone, the Raiders are once again committed to Jacobs (and Adams).

My team hinges on my receivers having big games.

a lot can happen between now and then. Injuries are going to kill someone. And in the playoffs, its one game. Doesnt matter how dominant a team was. Anyone can go down. Me included.

Your receivers are Hill and Waddle. Meaning if they don't have big games your QB also likely won't have a big game. Which is basically what I was saying.

You are correct, the playoffs is just one game and anything can happen. By making the trade you made you put all your eggs in the Dolphins basket regardless of what the trade evaluators say.

Anything can happen. You killed it this season. Your team is still awesome and clearly the favorite to win. In my opinion I just think you left the door open.

Obviously, just my opinion. Either way, good luck the rest of the way. You definitely deserve to win it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It was a fair trade

Not saying it wasn't. In my opinion, wasn't one I would have made given the construction of his team. Had he not already had Hill then yes I can see making that deal.

There are multiple ways to construct a team and succeed. No right or wrong way. Just my opinion.
I'm saying my door, anyone's door, is open no matter what. I was already all in on the Dolphins with Tua, Tyreek and Achane. Keeping Evans over Waddle wouldn't save me if the Dolphins had a bad game. If the Dolphins have a bad game and Tua, Tyreek and Achane have a bad game and 3 of my top players barely scored. Evans isn't making that up.

Prior to the trade I was starting Tyreek, Mike Evans and Achane and Brian Robinson/Higgins. After the trade I was starting Tryeek, Waddle, Achane and Garrett Wilson (prior to Achane's injury). The second set is better than the first.

Anything could make your team worse like an Evans injury or bad game. Or Higgins getting hurt.

I'm saying my door, anyone's door, is open no matter what. I was already all in on the Dolphins with Tua, Tyreek and Achane. Keeping Evans over Waddle wouldn't save me if the Dolphins had a bad game. If the Dolphins have a bad game and Tua, Tyreek and Achane have a bad game and 3 of my top players barely scored. Evans isn't making that up.

Prior to the trade I was starting Tyreek, Mike Evans and Achane and Brian Robinson/Higgins. After the trade I was starting Tryeek, Waddle, Achane and Garrett Wilson (prior to Achane's injury). The second set is better than the first.

Anything could make your team worse like an Evans injury or bad game. Or Higgins getting hurt.

Good luck rest of the way

It's all skill

It's all skill

Cursed tbh
It's all skill

You all suck, my teams the best