Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 239 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Nice one Rubs, my team put up a fight but yours is too much. Great call going Stroud over Tua

Thanks. Easy call against the Jets D. Unfortunately both my QBs have to face the Jets again.

Yesterday seems uneventful for a shakeup with most of the playoff teams winning. Jim, kriz, me, boise got wins. Blizz will drop down one spot and we have a nail biter for tonight's game with Steve and John. Steve has 129.38 and john has Fields going tonight and is projected to be at 128.37. Ron got the win so he could sneak back in as the other two dropped games.
Beautiful drive set up my kicker PERFECTLY to push that lead to a nice comfort level but no!
Rule/scoring change I'd like to discuss heading into next year.

Kicker points. Not sure how much customizing options you have but I think we should look at kickers getting the exact points per yardage.

For example, my kicker just kicked a 25 yarder. So instead of 3 points he should get 2.5. The eagles kicker instead of 5 for his 59 yarder he gets 5.9

Thoughts?
Originally posted by krizay:
Rule/scoring change I'd like to discuss heading into next year.

Kicker points. Not sure how much customizing options you have but I think we should look at kickers getting the exact points per yardage.

For example, my kicker just kicked a 25 yarder. So instead of 3 points he should get 2.5. The eagles kicker instead of 5 for his 59 yarder he gets 5.9

Thoughts?

I rather get rid of kickers than mess with their point system .
YOU GUYS f**kED UP AND LET RON BACK IN AND HE'S ABOUT TO GET JEFFERSON BACK!
I dont give a crap about kickers and wouldnt mind them gone. Id rather see another flex spot to be honest. But really no change is needed there.

The only change I would make is one that makes a lot of sense. Yes, it would benefit me this year but it could be any team in the future. This would be giving the 6th spot in the playoffs to the team with the most points that didnt make the top 5 spots in the standings. The top 5 teams in the standings would still be rewarded while a high scoring team that got screwed with bad luck during the season would get the last spot. I first heard of this on a fantasy site on XM radio and the host said he does this in all his leagues.
So the talk here lately has been injuries and luck so now you want to add another flex spot to further derail an owner if they are being hampered by injuries?

Not a fan of adding another flex. If it were to happen we'd need to increase the bench by 2-3 spots imo.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
YOU GUYS f**kED UP AND LET RON BACK IN AND HE'S ABOUT TO GET JEFFERSON BACK!

Just in time for his bye week
mf has had 8 weeks off
I do find it funny that one of the guys throwing out luck wants to eliminate kickers.

The Bottom Line
Kicker hate is at an all-time high and before you let those carpet cleaners in your house and join the cult, you may want to consider how helpful kickers can be to your team's overall output.

Sure, we've all been burned by the kicker position in the past, and on the surface, it all seems super random, but by putting in some time and effort, the kicker's production from week to week may not be as arbitrary as it appears

The decision to include kickers in your fantasy football league ultimately rests on the preferences and goals of your league's participants. While kickers add a layer of strategy, excitement, and real-life relevance, they also introduce inconsistency and unpredictability into scoring. To make an informed decision, consider the preferences of your league members, the desired level of depth and strategy, and the overall enjoyment of the fantasy experience.

If you want to maintain a closer connection to the real-life NFL and enjoy the strategic elements kickers offer, keeping them in your league might be the right choice. However, if you value predictability, simplified scoring, and a greater emphasis on offensive skill positions, eliminating kickers may be a viable option

[In 2019, despite the drop in FGs last year, the top ten fantasy kickers averaged just over 148 fantasy points for the season and your top kicker, Harrison Butker has 166 points. To put that into perspective, that put Butker just a point or so behind Alvin Kamara and ahead of Kenyan Drake. Those 166 points were better than all but ten WRs. Butker had more points than A.J. Brown, Keenan Allen, or Allen Robinson. And tight end? Butker had more fantasy points than any Tight End. It means that for any random Kansas City game, you were better off having Butker than Travis Kelce! Are you still trying to tell me kickers don't matter

So yea if you keep the same kicker on a struggling offense week after week I'd understand the hate for kickers too. There is more strategy in selecting a kicker than there is a 2nd flex spot
I have never minded having kickers but will go with the group. We can eliminate them next year if you want. I noticed this week my main league didn't penalize kickers for missed xtra points or FGs. Now that is stupid.

The one I think needs looked at is DEF. From a scoring perspective.

I also would be open to adding another WR or Flex if the group wanted. Or keep it the same. Ultimately when you add it, you end up starting some s**ttier players half the year because of injuries, byes, etc. but if you lucked out and had a really good draft or hit on the waiver wire, you'd love that extra spot.

Originally posted by krizay:
I do find it funny that one of the guys throwing out luck wants to eliminate kickers.

The Bottom Line
Kicker hate is at an all-time high and before you let those carpet cleaners in your house and join the cult, you may want to consider how helpful kickers can be to your team's overall output.

Sure, we've all been burned by the kicker position in the past, and on the surface, it all seems super random, but by putting in some time and effort, the kicker's production from week to week may not be as arbitrary as it appears

The decision to include kickers in your fantasy football league ultimately rests on the preferences and goals of your league's participants. While kickers add a layer of strategy, excitement, and real-life relevance, they also introduce inconsistency and unpredictability into scoring. To make an informed decision, consider the preferences of your league members, the desired level of depth and strategy, and the overall enjoyment of the fantasy experience.

If you want to maintain a closer connection to the real-life NFL and enjoy the strategic elements kickers offer, keeping them in your league might be the right choice. However, if you value predictability, simplified scoring, and a greater emphasis on offensive skill positions, eliminating kickers may be a viable option

[In 2019, despite the drop in FGs last year, the top ten fantasy kickers averaged just over 148 fantasy points for the season and your top kicker, Harrison Butker has 166 points. To put that into perspective, that put Butker just a point or so behind Alvin Kamara and ahead of Kenyan Drake. Those 166 points were better than all but ten WRs. Butker had more points than A.J. Brown, Keenan Allen, or Allen Robinson. And tight end? Butker had more fantasy points than any Tight End. It means that for any random Kansas City game, you were better off having Butker than Travis Kelce! Are you still trying to tell me kickers don't matter

So yea if you keep the same kicker on a struggling offense week after week I'd understand the hate for kickers too. There is more strategy in selecting a kicker than there is a 2nd flex spot

Nvm
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Nov 28, 2023 at 12:12 PM ]
Make things even more interesting w super flex (2QB league almost )

f kickers
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I have never minded having kickers but will go with the group. We can eliminate them next year if you want. I noticed this week my main league didn't penalize kickers for missed xtra points or FGs. Now that is stupid.

The one I think needs looked at is DEF. From a scoring perspective.

I also would be open to adding another WR or Flex if the group wanted. Or keep it the same. Ultimately when you add it, you end up starting some s**ttier players half the year because of injuries, byes, etc. but if you lucked out and had a really good draft or hit on the waiver wire, you'd love that extra spot.
I agree on all points. Dont care at all about kickers and also dont care if they are kept or not. As for defense, we can look at it but only if the defensive points are lowered.

I think adding a flex does reward those teams that drafted better and has a strong bench. It also adds strategy such as ...... do you wait longer on a QB to get that extra RB or WR or do you grab your QB early and risk having a weaker flex player. Much more strategy than picking a kicker in my opinion.
Defense definitely has more strategy than a kicker.

but it's also a position most people wait until last 2 rounds to pick bc the difference between the #5 defense and # 20 defense can be pretty irrelevant most seasons .
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Make things even more interesting w super flex (2QB league almost )

f kickers

I'm in a 2 QB league, no kickers or defense but only 10 teams.
Share 49ersWebzone