Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 234 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

One thing about the 6th spot going to the next highest scoring team...matchups dictate a lot. For example, a team has to play one of the best teams twice in a year while other teams don't have to. And somebody gets to play the worst teams in the league twice when other teams dont get to.

For that reason, I would like to discuss the 6th spot going to higher scorers in the offseason.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I am still thinking about it. Sometimes I see DEF score high and they really didnt do s**t. Or they do a lot and dont end up with much because of point settings...which not all points are attributed the DEF. It doesnt calculate that way.

One thing about the 6th spot going to the next highest scoring team...matchups dictate a lot. For example, a team has to play one of the best teams twice in a year while other teams don't have to. And somebody gets to play the worst teams in the league twice when other teams dont get to.

For that reason, I would like to discuss the 6th spot going to higher scorers in the offseason.

I for one think its fine as is. There is no perfect science here. Now you could make it more NFL like and only give a bye week to one team. Then the 7th team can be the high scorer. The #2 team gets screwed but same thing NFL moved to.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
IMO it's more important keeping managers for continuity, than making new rules to spice it up . (If you are an OG threatening to quit a solid running league , you are more important)

but still would want to know why you are against it?

There simply arent enough good quarterbacks, and not enough NFL teams.

In week 7 this season, there were 6 teams on the bye. That means there were 26 starting QBs during that week. If we had a superflex, 24 of a possible 26 starting QBs would be starting fantasy QBs. And if teams have to start 2 QBs every week, almost everyone would want to have at least 3 QBs rostered. That would mean theres a good chance that multiple teams would not have a 2nd usable QB to start.

It just doesnt make sense. There arent enough QBs period, let alone good ones.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
IMO it's more important keeping managers for continuity, than making new rules to spice it up . (If you are an OG threatening to quit a solid running league , you are more important)

In week 7 this season, there were 6 teams on the bye. That means there were 26 starting QBs during that week. If we had a superflex, 24 of a possible 26 starting QBs would be starting fantasy QBs. And if teams have to start 2 QBs every week, almost everyone would want to have at least 3 QBs rostered. That would mean theres a good chance that multiple teams would not have a 2nd usable QB to start.

I thought you were going to mention an injury to a
QB and then losing out on waiver pick up , essentially ruining your team .

Super flex does let you start non QBs

i guess you could make it where QBs can't score as
much so people don't feel pigeon holed into having 3 QBs
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I thought you were going to mention an injury to a
QB and then losing out on waiver pick up , essentially ruining your team .

Super flex does let you start non QBs

i guess you could make it where QBs can't score as
much so people don't feel pigeon holed into having 3 QBs

QB injuries are also a major factor in this, but it was already mentioned.
F superflex IMO, I think our DEF settings are ok. I would rather discuss making this a keeper rather than any roster/scoring settings. Happy how it is though
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
F superflex IMO, I think our DEF settings are ok. I would rather discuss making this a keeper rather than any roster/scoring settings. Happy how it is though
there is no way I would stay if this became a keeper league
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
there is no way I would stay if this became a keeper league

We killed the keeper league when I took it over. We aren't going back. I hate keeper leagues. I'd quit my own league
We killed the keeper league when I took it over. We aren't going back. I hate keeper leagues. I'd quit my own league

I honestly thought I would be the only one not wanting to do a keeper

Only change I want is the IR spot to include "out" designations
The best keeper league I was in, you couldn't keep anyone drafted in first 9 rounds.(only one keeper. Tried to make it 2 one year and it diluted the draft too much )

makes the 10th round way more interesting with lots of rookies going .

league died bc a bunch of Trumpers wanted to boycott the NFL
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Dec 1, 2023 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I wouldn't be mad at an extra bench spot
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I wouldn't be mad at an extra bench spot

Or that
Share 49ersWebzone