There are 261 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
F superflex IMO, I think our DEF settings are ok. I would rather discuss making this a keeper rather than any roster/scoring settings. Happy how it is though
there is no way I would stay if this became a keeper league

We killed the keeper league when I took it over. We aren't going back. I hate keeper leagues. I'd quit my own league

Or not then!!!!!!
A lot of low scores yesterday.

ron scored 14 points but will get the win. Same with gore, but he needs Lawrence and Etienne to have a decent night and he creeps back into the discussion. Boise might lose if Chase and Kirk have a decent game. Jimrat wins again. John scored more than 6 teams and 3 winners. That's tough.
What a s**t show
Welp

Jfc
[ Edited by RonMexico on Dec 4, 2023 at 8:55 PM ]
1. rubs *
2. jimrat *
3. ronmex
4. kriz
5. blizz
6. boise

Note:
a. 3 teams, including boise, tied at 6-7
b. if the season ended today, boise would retain the 6th spot as he has the most points so a new rule wouldn't do anything here.
now that Jefferson is off maternity leave maybe he can catch some footballs
Just awful luck this year with matchups and injuries. Injuries didnt kill me as much as matchups though as I still am top 4 in points. Oh well. Cant make the money every year.

I feel strongly that we need a change though going forward. I really like Kriz's suggestion on going to the NFL setup and having 7 teams make the playoffs and the top seed getting a bye. The final spot and 7th seed would go to the team with the most points that didnt make the top 6 in wins. My reasons are simply this

1) We should reward the top seed during the regular season and give them a big edge over every other team.

2) The best teams are really the teams with the most points scored and not the wins and loss records. Rewarding
a team that has had bad luck in matchups but still scored a lot of points just makes sense. Given the fact that
we will always have unbalanced scheduling this should be a no brainer.

Finally... GO RUBS! Truly the only team deserving of winning the title this year.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 5, 2023 at 2:20 PM ]
Just awful luck this year with matchups and injuries. Injuries didnt kill me as much as matchups though as I still am top 4 in points. Oh well. Cant make the money every year.

I feel strongly that we need a change though going forward. I really like Kriz's suggestion on going to the NFL setup and having 7 teams make the playoffs and the top seed getting a bye. The final spot and 7th seed would go to the team with the most points that didnt make the top 6 in wins. My reasons are simply this

1) We should reward the top seed during the regular season and give them a big edge over every other team.

2) The best teams are really the teams with the most points scored and not the wins and loss records. Rewarding
a team that has had bad luck in matchups but still scored a lot of points just makes sense. Given the fact that

Finally... GO RUBS! Truly the only team deserving of winning the title this year.

I love that adjustment, but is it even possible?
why is a QB flex or 2nd QB the dumbest idea - part 2.

This weeks matchups:

Zappe vs Tribisky
Beathard vs Flacco
Minshew vs Browning
Mayfield vs Ridder
Dobbs vs OConnell
Young vs Winston

thanks, bb. We will definitely look at it this offseason.

For clarification...the first team already gets a bye. Do you mean the top 2?

Also, since you mentioned NFL setup. If you go to 7 teams, that's 57% of the teams making the playoffs. In the NFL only 47% of the teams make the playoffs. Which is actually closer to what we have right now. Wouldn't it be more realistic if the top 5 got it, the top team got a bye, and the 6th spot went to the highestest scoring team if applicable?

Also, since you mentioned NFL setup. If you go to 7 teams, that's 57% of the teams making the playoffs. In the NFL only 47% of the teams make the playoffs. Which is actually closer to what we have right now. Wouldn't it be more realistic if the top 5 got it, the top team got a bye, and the 6th spot went to the highestest scoring team if applicable?

Yes , been saying this for some time now .

one of my leagues is 8 team playoff and it's pretty wack as far as how how easy it is to make playoffs . 7 teams isn't that far off.

Keep it at 6 , top 2 seeds get a bye , 6th team is the highest scoring team left over after the top 5 are in .

I like top 2 seeds getting a bye bc in my experience more often than not , there is usually 2-3 teams battling it out at the top (this year our league was different)
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Yes , been saying this for some time now .

one of my leagues is 8 team playoff and it's pretty wack as far as how how easy it is to make playoffs . 7 teams isn't that far off.

Keep it at 6 , top 2 seeds get a bye , 6th team is the highest scoring team left over after the top 5 are in .

I like top 2 seeds getting a bye bc in my experience more often than not , there is usually 2-3 teams battling it out at the top (this year our league was different)

This works too. That was actually my first suggestion but i didnt get much feedbsck. Either way the final spot should go to the team with the highest points that are not in the the top 6.
Cool. We are def looking at that in the offseason. And we will talk Kickers as well. And possible addition of WR or FLEX. No QB.
who wants some individual defensive players?!?!?!?
Reminder for when the playoffs start...if you are out, please dont be out here dropping players and s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone