There are 229 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

Good luck to those teams in the playoffs.
Rubs, Kriz, or anyone. What would you have done as commish in this situation which happened in my big money league.....

I was in 6th place (despite being 2nd in pts) and set to play the 3rd seeded team in the playoffs. The 3rd seeds team lost Herbert and really isnt very good. The team that finished 4th is much better and will play the 5th seed.

The team that was the 5th seed had a 1 pt lead going into tonight. He took out Doubs from his lineup and left the flex spot empty so that he would lose, finish behind me in 6th,(putting me 5th) and have an easier playoff match.

My question is simply this. Do you guys think this is ethical? Should a team be allowed to have empty spots in their lineup when it effects the playoffs? If he refuses to change it should the commissioner step in and put the player (Doubs) in?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Rubs, Kriz, or anyone. What would you have done as commish in this situation which happened in my big money league.....

I was in 6th place (despite being 2nd in pts) and set to play the 3rd seeded team in the playoffs. The 3rd seeds team lost Herbert and really isnt very good. The team that finished 4th is much better and will play the 5th seed.

The team that was the 5th seed had a 1 pt lead going into tonight. He took out Doubs from his lineup and left the flex spot empty so that he would lose, finish behind me in 6th,(putting me 5th) and have an easier playoff match.

My question is simply this. Do you guys think this is ethical? Should a team be allowed to have empty spots in their lineup when it effects the playoffs? If he refuses to change it should the commissioner step in and put the player (Doubs) in?

This is a tough one. Had it affected a team not making the playoffs I for sure would call BS. to use that in a way to affect seeding not sure how I feel about it. As it helps him in 1st round of playoffs. Theoretically hurts him the 2nd round.

This one can go either way
To add insult to injury, in my weekly office pool pick em contest I had a 2 game lead on the only guy who could catch me. He took both underdogs on MNF and hit the tiebreaker right on the money

Last night was a big ole kick right in the ding ding.

I wouldn't have done it but I feel like it was a smart move. I don't think I have an issue with it.
Regular season results:

1. rubs
2. jimrat
3. boise
4. waterbear
5. gore
6. blizz

Highest scorer: Rubs 1850

Playoffs Wk 1:

Byes: Rubs and jimrat

water vs. gore
boise vs blizz
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Regular season results:

1. rubs
2. jimrat
3. boise
4. waterbear
5. gore
6. blizz

Playoffs Wk 1:

water vs. gore
boise vs blizz

Good luck gentlemen.
In my big money league I finished in 3rd but was the second highest scorer at 1926 points / 137 a game. I'm playing a team that scored 1804, easily the lowest scoring team in the playoffs. Hopefully Hurts doesn't s**t the bed this week and the niners let CMC score.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Regular season results:

1. rubs
2. jimrat
3. boise
4. waterbear
5. gore
6. blizz

Playoffs Wk 1:

water vs. gore
boise vs blizz

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Good job Waterboy, I think you started 0-4 and ended up making the playoffs.

Originally posted by krizay:
If Miami does what Miami does and Rubs reaches his projections I'm in. Otherwise I need Dhop and Jayden Reed not to score 43+ combined

Welp! That does it! NJ got his wish!

Congrats t those that made it

Reed and Hopkins were playoff killers last night ..... I was not even watching the score bc I knew I would lose and had no idea I had a chance to get in.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Good job Waterboy, I think you started 0-4 and ended up making the playoffs.

This was the first week I've been a top 6 team all year.

Kupp has been a nightmare for me. He missed the first 4 weeks, then I started Kupp 5 out of the last 7 weeks, he scored like 25 points combined, and when I benched him the last two, he scored 40 points.

Not to mention I benched Puka on accident when he scored 30 points vs the 49ers. I would have been 8-6 if I hadn't done that.

Pretty sure I made the finals my first year, I had a good team last year but missed the playoffs do to record. I was a little disappointed I almost missed the playoffs the last two seasons, but I'm glad I made it.

Sucks but in his eyes it's strategic losing with out collusion between teams .

I've seen this back fire where the leagues crappy taco puts up the season high in points and eliminated the team that wanted to play them .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Sucks but in his eyes it's strategic losing with out collusion between teams .

I've seen this back fire where the leagues crappy taco puts up the season high in points and eliminated the team that wanted to play them .
I just dont approve of any team leaving spots open to clearly lose. We also dont know for sure if there is collusion between the 3rd ranked team and the team that lost on purpose. One of them has to advance now and neither have to play my team which outscored both by over 200 points. Not saying this is the case but I think it sets a bad precedent.
Pretty sure we will be setting a rule in place for next year that you cannot leave any space empty.

And... you are welcome for me beating Ron and getting you in the playoffs. LOL
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
If Miami does what Miami does and Rubs reaches his projections I'm in. Otherwise I need Dhop and Jayden Reed not to score 43+ combined

Welp! That does it! NJ got his wish!

Congrats t those that made it

Reed and Hopkins were playoff killers last night ..... I was not even watching the score bc I knew I would lose and had no idea I had a chance to get in.

Sunday at 1055am I dropped Flacco for Mayfield. Flacco outscores Mayfield by 2.3. You outscore me by 1.2. Dem the breaks. Congrats
Share 49ersWebzone