There are 214 users in the forums

Webzone Meh FFL Season 8 - Defending Champ Rubber

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Rubs, Kriz, or anyone. What would you have done as commish in this situation which happened in my big money league.....

I was in 6th place (despite being 2nd in pts) and set to play the 3rd seeded team in the playoffs. The 3rd seeds team lost Herbert and really isnt very good. The team that finished 4th is much better and will play the 5th seed.

The team that was the 5th seed had a 1 pt lead going into tonight. He took out Doubs from his lineup and left the flex spot empty so that he would lose, finish behind me in 6th,(putting me 5th) and have an easier playoff match.

My question is simply this. Do you guys think this is ethical? Should a team be allowed to have empty spots in their lineup when it effects the playoffs? If he refuses to change it should the commissioner step in and put the player (Doubs) in?

Sucks but in his eyes it's strategic losing with out collusion between teams .

I've seen this back fire where the leagues crappy taco puts up the season high in points and eliminated the team that wanted to play them .
I just dont approve of any team leaving spots open to clearly lose. We also dont know for sure if there is collusion between the 3rd ranked team and the team that lost on purpose. One of them has to advance now and neither have to play my team which outscored both by over 200 points. Not saying this is the case but I think it sets a bad precedent.
Pretty sure we will be setting a rule in place for next year that you cannot leave any space empty.

And... you are welcome for me beating Ron and getting you in the playoffs. LOL

I love you .

There is an ongoing debate in the fantasy community regarding tanking in dynasty leagues (to get #1 pick in the rookie draft ). The general rule to tank ethically is someone has to start at every position , doesn't matter if they play in
the game , they just have to be in uniform.
Originally posted by krizay:
If Miami does what Miami does and Rubs reaches his projections I'm in. Otherwise I need Dhop and Jayden Reed not to score 43+ combined

Welp! That does it! NJ got his wish!

Congrats t those that made it

Reed and Hopkins were playoff killers last night ..... I was not even watching the score bc I knew I would lose and had no idea I had a chance to get in.

Sunday at 1055am I dropped Flacco for Mayfield. Flacco outscores Mayfield by 2.3. You outscore me by 1.2. Dem the breaks. Congrats

Ouch
I love you .

There is an ongoing debate in the fantasy community regarding tanking in dynasty leagues (to get #1 pick in the rookie draft ). The general rule to tank ethically is someone has to start at every position , doesn't matter if they play in
I think that makes sense. You probably shouldnt enforce who someone wants to play that is on his active roster and will play in the game but you can make sure every spot is filled.
I love you .

I think that makes sense. You probably shouldnt enforce who someone wants to play that is on his active roster and will play in the game but you can make sure every spot is filled.

I would be down to adopt that rule. I could see how the commish may not like it bc it's more work for them enforcing it (some people just accidentally start a late scratch/ game time decision. )

Speaking of dynasty , big turn off to join one . Can you imagine how stacked the non tanking teams are if there are several teams picking up a bunch of scrubs ?
I would be down to adopt that rule. I could see how the commish may not like it bc it's more work for them enforcing it (some people just accidentally start a late scratch/ game time decision. )

Speaking of dynasty , big turn off to join one . Can you imagine how stacked the non tanking teams are if there are several teams picking up a bunch of scrubs ?

There usually is a few stacked normal offensive teams in dynasty. The neutralizer is stacking a good IDP team.

In 32 team leagues I have took over orphaned teams and stripped them down to picks to conference championships in one year multiple times.

Never been involved in any dynasties less than 20 teams so can't speak on what it would look like in a smaller setting or even strictly offensive setting.
[ Edited by krizay on Dec 13, 2023 at 2:05 PM ]
Rubs, Kriz, or anyone. What would you have done as commish in this situation which happened in my big money league.....

I was in 6th place (despite being 2nd in pts) and set to play the 3rd seeded team in the playoffs. The 3rd seeds team lost Herbert and really isnt very good. The team that finished 4th is much better and will play the 5th seed.

The team that was the 5th seed had a 1 pt lead going into tonight. He took out Doubs from his lineup and left the flex spot empty so that he would lose, finish behind me in 6th,(putting me 5th) and have an easier playoff match.

My question is simply this. Do you guys think this is ethical? Should a team be allowed to have empty spots in their lineup when it effects the playoffs? If he refuses to change it should the commissioner step in and put the player (Doubs) in?

I'm Commish in my home league. My opinion is that as long as there's no collusion you can do whatever you want, losing for a better matchup is perfectly legit for me.
Those 2 Josh Allen kneels downs at end of game cost me 0.2 points in my high stakes league.

i lost 119.1 to 119.2 in my high money league . It cost me week high score ($100) and 1st place week one bye .

That's brutal, kneel downs shouldn't count, but don't know how you could enforce that
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I'm Commish in my home league. My opinion is that as long as there's no collusion you can do whatever you want, losing for a better matchup is perfectly legit for me.

Something similar happened in my league (well I manage my friend's team). This one team had an outside shot to make the playoffs but elected to bench CMC and emptied his flex, kicker, and defensive slots to ensure he lost so he could win the 'adversity' prize which goes to the team that has the most points scored against them. The prize? Basically his league buy-in ($20). His matchup opponent was the only team left that could challenge him. This scumbag move cost us the #2 seed and a week 15 bye which sucks because Stroud, Achane, and Pacheco are all banged up. Whatever, off to a good start yesterday starting Tee Higgins and my stud TE LaPorta. We have a game now. I just need the Commanders to show up on defense, at least respectably, as my opponent is starting Kyren, Cooper, and Puka.
GG 😭
the luck of FF is getting a bye on a week when you need it the most. Guys not playing. I would have scored my lowest score of the year and been bounced out of the playoffs quick. My team needs to get healthy or I am hosed next week.

also, in my money league...playing that low scoring team and he gets 25 points from Vegas DEF to start the week. Next thing you know I'm projected to lose by 10. And Nico is out. And Hurts is Q. My team went off yesterday though to the tune of 182. McCaffrey and Rashad White doing me right yesterday. I had to pickup Mariota in case Hurts doesnt go but I should win by 10 at least. Whew
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
GG 😭

GG Gore! I made all the wrong decisions this week. Gibbs saved my season.
Blizz beats boise 100-90 and water beat gore 142-117. Good game guys

so now the semifinal matchups are

rubs vs blizz
jimrat vs waterbear
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Battle of Santa Cruz

Rubs team is almost my team in a high stakes league (Tua , Hill , Achane) ...... I'm basically rooting for Rubs to win bc that means my $$$ team is doing well .
Share 49ersWebzone