D-

Lol. Kidding
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Originally posted by krizay:
I got Breece at #4
LaPorta went #7 Lamar went #10

I actually dont hate LaPorta in the first but late, 7th a little too early
I hate any TE in the first rd. No one any good at fantasy FB would ever take LaPorta that high

The only time I was ever cool with taking a TE in the first round is the one time I was in a league that didnt have a flex, and I had a pick in the 10-12 range. Having the best TE is a huge advantage in leagues with limited starting spots. But when you play in a league with a flex or even three WRs and a flex, taking a TE early is really stupid.
My 10 man money league. Drafted 5th

QB
Joe Burrow
Kyler Murray

RB
Breece Hall
Travis Etienne
Alvin Kamara
Devin Singletary
Chuba Hubbard

WR
Chris Olave
Mike Evans
Zay Flowers
DeAndre Hopkins
Romeo Doubs

TE
Trey McBride
Jake Ferguson

Def
Cleveland

Kicker
Justin Tucker

Got a B grade. RBS were flying off the board and I got dinged for taking Kamara a rd early
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 3, 2024 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The only time I was ever cool with taking a TE in the first round is the one time I was in a league that didnt have a flex, and I had a pick in the 10-12 range. Having the best TE is a huge advantage in leagues with limited starting spots. But when you play in a league with a flex or even three WRs and a flex, taking a TE early is really stupid.

Yea this league is 3 WR and flex

He ended up with a starting lineup of

Herbert
White
Conner
Aiyuk
Nucua
Nabers
LaPorta
C. Brown(cincy)
Seahawks
Butker
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
I got Breece at #4
LaPorta went #7 Lamar went #10

I actually dont hate LaPorta in the first but late, 7th a little too early
I hate any TE in the first rd. No one any good at fantasy FB would ever take LaPorta that high

Even with a flex its still an advantage because you - in theory - have a guaranteed edge on your opponent every single week, but only if the gap is high enough. And that other positions are deep compared to TE, that falls off fast after usually 3-4 guys atop the ranks. So as long as their is a TE only slot, advantage is there.

So I can see it if you feel the gap is big with the guy youre getting, but if youre passing up guys like Amon Ra, JJ, AJ Brown, Saquon, I feel like thats a mistake. It works best at the back end of the 1st, IMO.

Laporta could be really really good this year, so who knows.
[ Edited by DeepNinerValue on Sep 3, 2024 at 10:34 AM ]
that makes me feel better and confirms my stance that I will never take a TE in the first 3 rounds. suck my dick. No QB before 4. No kicker til the end. Those are the rules youc an f**k off if you dont like it
Ron wins the award for first drafted player dropped. And it was before week 1. Congrats.
Ron started a trend! lol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Ron started a trend! lol

Not technically. I was dumb and didn't draft a kicker remember.

Ron started a trend! lol

Not technically. I was dumb and didn't draft a kicker remember.

yeah but you grabbed one and dropped one right? Its early to be dropping folks.
yeah but you grabbed one and dropped one right? Its early to be dropping folks.

Not when your kicker has a groin injury
Ron wins the award for first drafted player dropped. And it was before week 1. Congrats.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

I forgot I dropped Miller for Akers. So that title belongs to me.
Tomorrow is the official start to the season. For some. I realized I didn't draft a single raven or chief in this draft so it only gets serious for me starting Friday.

Good luck to everyone. Thanks for making this league fun and drama free for a decade (OG members and a few that joined later). I look forward to this league every year. Mostly for the back and forth conversations all year.
Share 49ersWebzone