There are 217 users in the forums

Undrafted free agency has begun!!!

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by drake49er:
Doubt we get him or need him

AdamSchefter twitter
Contrary to reports, West Virginia RB Noel Devine has not signed with Atlanta. Devine still is a free agent looking for work

Well, with Dixon ballooning up to 250 to get reps at fullback, maybe we could use another running back.

I'm down to give him a shot.

Why not? Gives us another guy who can return kicks, too.

I really don't see Devine lasting that long in the NFL. Didn't he get injured during the Senior Bowl practices?
Originally posted by jrg:
Quote:
Tarvaris Jackson will sign with the Seahawks, per @Softyjr and @dannyoneil http://t.co/hZzVbYc

Hasselbecks replacement

So basically Seahawks will still have no QB......awesome!!!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Has Henry Hynoski been picked up?
Giants
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

AdamSchefter twitter
Contrary to reports, West Virginia RB Noel Devine has not signed with Atlanta. Devine still is a free agent looking for work

Well, with Dixon ballooning up to 250 to get reps at fullback, maybe we could use another running back.

I really don't see Devine lasting that long in the NFL. Didn't he get injured during the Senior Bowl practices?

Meh, UDFA.... If he lights it up, just carry an extra running back.

AdamSchefter twitter

Love Noel Devine... Well before the last season ended, I had Devine as a 2nd round talent. Was sad when he hurt himself vs LSU and never took the time to fully heal himself through the year. Was shocked when he weighed so low.

Devine has excellent vision and shiftiness... Be nice to bring him in for a look. What happens if Kendall Hunter gets injured during preseason? Then we are back to having no true speed at RB again? No!!!

Sign him!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

AdamSchefter twitter

Love Noel Devine... Well before the last season ended, I had Devine as a 2nd round talent. Was sad when he hurt himself vs LSU and never took the time to fully heal himself through the year. Was shocked when he weighed so low.

Devine has excellent vision and shiftiness... Be nice to bring him in for a look. What happens if Kendall Hunter gets injured during preseason? Then we are back to having no true speed at RB again? No!!!

Sign him!

I really don't see the downside to it.

What do you think about his returning ability? Can he compete with what we have?

What do you think about his returning ability? Can he compete with what we have?

Definitely. The vision and agility are top-notch compared to what we have. Just gotta remind him of his smaller hands (protect ball) and that he can be more breakable than others.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Definitely. The vision and agility are top-notch compared to what we have. Just gotta remind him of his smaller hands (protect ball) and that he can be more breakable than others.

Well, I hope we scoop him up, then.

I see no problem with carrying an extra running back. Especially when they are versatile... he can run, return, and catch. Probably too small to be a very effective blocker, though. He's really a situational guy, yeah?

Well, I hope we scoop him up, then.

I see no problem with carrying an extra running back. Especially when they are versatile... he can run, return, and catch. Probably too small to be a very effective blocker, though. He's really a situational guy, yeah?

Yeah, pretty much. Not a guy that you want carrying the load. He is a willing and aware blocker, but obviously won't stone many coming through. He would be a DC nightmare for when a team opens up their formations. He can find the lil creases in the OL and he's hard to spot. He can also catch well as a motion receiver or kill opponents on screens.

Also had crazy strength numbers in college... very strong lower body for a lil dude.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
All sounds good to me. Let's go grab him.

Oh, wait... damn, it's not up to me.
Steven Friday to the Texans.

I think he was the last good outside pass rusher left as an UDFA.

So with Nelms coming as a speedy DB/KR, and hopefully Devine (why not?), I am ready to shift gears to Vet FA. Maybe we ned more WRs first?

[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Jul 26, 2011 at 17:28:38 ]
Noel Devine chose the Eagles.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Noel Devine chose the Eagles.

Fu*K !!!!! Hate the Iggles....
Share 49ersWebzone