There are 175 users in the forums

Ziggy Ansah

How is there not a thread for our top FA

Imo we need edge rush help in the worst way and lynch even stated it...when healthy he's a animal and a idea fit for our LEO role.

His combine stats are nuts at 270lbs and add in the 35+ inch arms.

40 YARD DASH: 4.63 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 21 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 34.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 118.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.11 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.26 SEC

Injuries have been a issue, but I think he's missed 7 games in the past 4 yrs. we have the GM who drafted him in are FO, it just makes sense. He's also a little older which might help us in putting a contract together.

Spotrac has his value at 4 yrs $53 million and I'm all for it (Paraag would make it team-friendly end of the day).

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM ]
If he's the only player we sign I would consider this off season Free Agency a success
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If he's the only player we sign I would consider this off season Free Agency a success

Honestly I would as well
If he is tagged he will get $17.5M, according to NFL.com. That suggests Sportrac is low, however, I would be all in for something in the $15M range. It isn't like there is anyone else out there that is going to do what he can do when healthy.

Detroit has plenty of cap room to tag him...
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Honestly I would as well

As of today there is no other free agent that could help us more. We need a legitimate threat on the edge and a healthy Ziggy gives us that.

No matter what else happens this off-season, we can not let another team beat our offer for Ansah, unless someone like Robert Quinn also hits the market because after Ziggy the names aren't real enticing at all.
Originally posted by dj43:
If he is tagged he will get $17.5M, according to NFL.com. That suggests Sportrac is low, however, I would be all in for something in the $15M range. It isn't like there is anyone else out there that is going to do what he can do when healthy.

It initially had his yearly value at 9.5 per
The tag for DE's is reportedly 17.22 million this season. I wonder if Detroit pony's up the cash.
Originally posted by dj43:

Yup he could be tagged, not sure how patrica feels about him though...he's lead some top defenses without having to pay top pass rushers.

if he makes it to FA he should be our guy to go after. We will see Tuesday (when you can tag a player).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 16, 2018 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Nastastical:
As of today there is no other free agent that could help us more. We need a legitimate threat on the edge and a healthy Ziggy gives us that.

No matter what else happens this off-season, we can not let another team beat our offer for Ansah, unless someone like Robert Quinn also hits the market because after Ziggy the names aren't real enticing at all.

Demarcus Lawrence but he's getting tagged too.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
The tag for DE's is reportedly 17.22 million this season. I wonder if Detroit pony's up the cash.

So we'll know how much Aaron Lynch will get tagged for.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Demarcus Lawrence but he's getting tagged too.

I don't expect Lawrence or Bell to actually ever become available for other teams to sign, so Ansah is technically the only big FA that could hit the open market.

If the Cowboys decide Lawrence is too rich for their blood, then he is our new #1 target.
Ansah, Melvin, and Kline and call it a day for FA. Then draft Roquan in the 1st and we are going to the freaking Super Bowl no matter what we do the rest of the draft.
Ansah has alose been productive when he was practically the only threat on the Lions' DL, good luck dealing with Ansah when you have Buck and Solly to cope with as well.

I'd be very much on board with this signing.

Patricia will probably bring the 3-4, I can't see Detroit paying him when he's not a great fit.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Ansah has alose been productive when he was practically the only threat on the Lions' DL, good luck dealing with Ansah when you have Buck and Solly to cope with as well.

I'd be very much on board with this signing.

Patricia will probably bring the 3-4, I can't see Detroit paying him when he's not a great fit.
I can see them tagging him and then trying to trade him for assets.

I'll be hysterical if that happens!
Share 49ersWebzone