There are 138 users in the forums

Ziggy Ansah

What's gonna happen to all our moneys!!
[ Edited by RumphSteak on Feb 24, 2018 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by RumphSteak:

A little thing called rolling over.

This is a draft and develop league. You want stars? Draft and develop them. Free agency is supplemental.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

This is a draft and develop league. You want stars? Draft and develop them. Free agency is supplemental.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-free-agency-biggest-spenders-most-money-teams-players-signings-032117

6 of the biggest spenders in F/A last year were in the playoffs...We also made that list too, wonder if that is the status quo for KS and Lynch?
Yikes. lol That was a shocking stat to learn. How does a guy playing at a position that's completely new to him only have 7 fewer pressures than Ansah?

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 24, 2018 at 11:23 AM ]
Yikes. lol That was a shocking stat to learn. How does a guy playing at a position that's completely new to him only have 7 fewer pressures than Ansah?

Because Thomas is athletic he just can't finish the job once he gets free. In open space he's fast as hell he just doesn't have any good swim moves and qbs fake him out easy.

In time I think he will end up pretty good.

Exactly.. its like working out, you gotta put in the hard work in the gym. Just taking supplements aint going to give you the results you want lol
[ Edited by Ninerblood on Feb 24, 2018 at 12:09 PM ]

To be fair Thomas' 30 were on more snaps and he definitely needs to work on his pass rush(I'm confident he will do just that) and Ansah was also pretty much the lone man on the DL for Detroit and I think him coming here would've given him a lot more 1 on 1 opportunities but a part of me would be glad not to drop a big contract on him. A small part but still...

I was hoping to address Leo in FA so we didn't have to address it early in the draft but with a weak pass rush class IMO now we have to hope to find a sleeper and super overachiever if we don't go early.

I'm still a big Landry fan but depending what he shows he may be a reach at 9/10. Would've been nice to have options in the draft and not have a huge need in the process.

One thing I'll say is I think if we can get by this year....next years draft should have another excellent pass rush class. Hopefully we won't be picking early but should still be able to land a good one.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB 11m11 minutes agoMore
Lions expected to either tag or sign DE Ansah

Owell
He would have been a nice addition.
Originally posted by genus49:

To be fair Thomas' 30 were on more snaps and he definitely needs to work on his pass rush(I'm confident he will do just that) and Ansah was also pretty much the lone man on the DL for Detroit and I think him coming here would've given him a lot more 1 on 1 opportunities but a part of me would be glad not to drop a big contract on him. A small part but still...

I was hoping to address Leo in FA so we didn't have to address it early in the draft but with a weak pass rush class IMO now we have to hope to find a sleeper and super overachiever if we don't go early.

I'm still a big Landry fan but depending what he shows he may be a reach at 9/10. Would've been nice to have options in the draft and not have a huge need in the process.

One thing I'll say is I think if we can get by this year....next years draft should have another excellent pass rush class. Hopefully we won't be picking early but should still be able to land a good one.

trading down with a qb needy team and getting landry would be the bees knees

Ouch. Now though I am almost okay with overpaying for Trumaine Johnson
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Ouch. Now though I am almost okay with overpaying for Trumaine Johnson

at this point he's the only FA available.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Owell

"ESPN analyst doesn't see".
I'm starting to hate the franchise tag lol I bet players hate it too, it ruins free agency..it would be much better if big name players who really didn't want to sign have their choice of where they want to play asap..
Share 49ersWebzone