George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 140 users in the forums

Ziggy Ansah

Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Personally, I thought that it would have been a better move to have sign Ziggy for the 2 year we gave Coleman (RB) instead...

He can probably stay healthy w/us since he wont be a full time starter and that would even make him most effective..

What does signing Ansah have anything to do with Coleman?

It's quite obvious he is saying he would rather pay Ansah the contract coleman got.

Well they still could give him that same contract. Just weird that Coleman was even mentioned.
What's the latest?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
What's the latest?

An undisclosed team used carbon dating to determine his age, and found out he's actually 42 years old.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Personally, I thought that it would have been a better move to have sign Ziggy for the 2 year we gave Coleman (RB) instead...

He can probably stay healthy w/us since he wont be a full time starter and that would even make him most effective..

What does signing Ansah have anything to do with Coleman?

It's quite obvious he is saying he would rather pay Ansah the contract coleman got.

It still doesn't correlate, they are on opposite sides of the ball and the team has plenty of cap space.
Originally posted by Furlow:
What's the latest?

An undisclosed team used carbon dating to determine his age, and found out he's actually 42 years old.

Also revealed Amobi Okoye was not actually 19 when he was drafted, but he's in fact Ansah's uncle.
Surprised given his connection w old GM and Dline coach that we didn't bring him in or show interest
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Surprised given his connection w old GM and Dline coach that we didn't bring him in or show interest

s**t the gm and d line coach might've thought it was a bad pick after the fact.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd take a flier on my boy Ziggy.
What's the latest?

He's visited the Bills and Saints so far.
I'm glad the Lambs were dumb enough to have signed Matthews, I was hoping they would not think of signing Ziggy !!

We let HOUSTON go, I say we sign this guy... WTF is Lynch waiting for??

Often I don't understand Lynch's Brick by Brick Theory..

RBs we've signed, we didn't even needed to.. (Juice - Jet - Coleman).. then after signing them, we drafted another one.

We sign veterans DT & DE who aren't even in the future plans, then we draft a bunch of DLs.. some were hurt, and the ones who were healthy were not even used to get some experiences.

I don't know what he saw in Elvis that he can't see in Ziggy or Houston...

• Mayor
  • Veteran
We never let Houston go. He's never been here.
I'm glad the Lambs were dumb enough to have signed Matthews, I was hoping they would not think of signing Ziggy !!

We let HOUSTON go, I say we sign this guy... WTF is Lynch waiting for??

Often I don't understand Lynch's Brick by Brick Theory..

RBs we've signed, we didn't even needed to.. (Juice - Jet - Coleman).. then after signing them, we drafted another one.

We sign veterans DT & DE who aren't even in the future plans, then we draft a bunch of DLs.. some were hurt, and the ones who were healthy were not even used to get some experiences.

I don't know what he saw in Elvis that he can't see in Ziggy or Houston...

You are definitely right on. The one thing I would argue against it would be that since we already have ford, assuming we get Bosa or Allen or whatever edge rusher we will be good. We don't want to be paying 3 edges more than $10 million each
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 22, 2019 at 2:48 AM ]
Don't mind Ziggy on 1 year cheap deal to help rotate at edge rusher
Coach Bill Walsh always had at least 10 defensive lineman, rotating to keep them fresh. This is the push for a big contract so you will be getting the best out of him, at least for one year. Sure, sign Ziggy,
must sign must sign..

don't understand why we are not looking his way... we signed Elvis, and this guy is much better..
Share 49ersWebzone