There are 166 users in the forums

Ziggy Ansah

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Jcool:
This is the Ziggy basket and here's all our eggs

Enlighten me of another player can upgrade our pass rush we have a realistic chance of landing?

What realistic chance do we have? Rumors already have the franchise tag on him.

Then that sucks. Cause our pass rush needs help
Ansah would not be an upgrade like you think he will be. look how he reached his 12 sack season from last year. Garbage time

Not really...I haven't seen one report from the team saying they are thinking about tagging him, just a bunch of writers who get asked what would they do.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Ansah would not be an upgrade like you think he will be. look how he reached his 12 sack season from last year. Garbage time

Don't care about sacks. I care about pressure. And wasn't it Detroit who had like non stop come from behind wins in the 4th? So all 12 were garbage time?

Enlighten me of another player can upgrade our pass rush we have a realistic chance of landing?

Still better than any pass rush we had in garbage time. We couldn't get them in any time

I know he's just got so much around him to help get all those sacks lol...dude has trash on that DL and has for yrs. no on is saying he's von miller but throw him in with Buck and solly imo that's a damn good pass rush.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I know he's just got so much around him to help get all those sacks lol...dude has trash on that DL and has for yrs. no on is saying he's von miller but throw him in with Buck and solly imo that's a damn good pass rush.

Good post NY! Detroit had crap surrounding him on that dline. A change of scenery could do a wonders for player also. Playing in Detroit isnt all that special lol!
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Sorry guys but I just don't see it. He's old and injury prone. I will be highly annoyed if he's a 49er unless it's a cheesy one year prove it deal.

Your right let move down the list and get the next guy...oh wait there isn't anyone lol. This draft has some edge guys but that's a crap shoot, they all have question marks.

Edge rusher imo is our biggest need and getting Ziggy helps with that, players like him don't grow on tress (he was more athletic has the same crazy length/size as Aldon Smith) your true elite pass rusher never make it to FA.

Ziggy solly buck and Elvis rushing the passer imo is pretty damn good...throw in a draft pick and pass rush might go from a problem to a strength.
Originally posted by Ninerblood:

Good post NY! Detroit had crap surrounding him on that dline. A change of scenery could do a wonders for player also. Playing in Detroit isnt all that special lol!

Not sure how we couldn't use that?

That last play reminds me of that sack/fumble recovery on RW by Aldon in the 2013 NFC championship game in Seattle.

If only Aldon could've kept his head out of his a**. Ziggy looks very similar to Aldon as far as giving RW problems.
[ Edited by Ninerblood on Feb 23, 2018 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerblood:

That last play reminds me of that sack/fumble recovery on RW by Aldon in the 2013 NFC championship game in Seattle.

If only Aldon could've kept his head out of his a**. Ziggy looks very similar to Aldon as far as giving RW problems.
that was from 2015

that was from 2015

Top clip was from this yr

you can poo poo on where he got his sacks, but it's the NFL sacks are sacks. The NFL sack leader chandler jones had 610 pass snaps this yr and got 17 sacks. Ziggy had 12 on 321 pass snaps....dude got a sack every 26.75 pass snap attempt this yr, Jones got one every 35.88 pass snap attempt.

Surround him with guys like buck/Thomas on the inside and I'd like to think his pressures and sacks would go up, not down.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 23, 2018 at 4:03 PM ]

This tells me Ansah is 150% the right guy. I remember similar poo pooing from you about a Mr. James Garappolo
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

This tells me Ansah is 150% the right guy. I remember similar poo pooing from you about a Mr. James Garappolo

Forgot about that
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Forgot about that

Couldn't tell you what I did yesterday but can remember some randomn posts from a year ago lol
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Not really...I haven't seen one report from the team saying they are thinking about tagging him, just a bunch of writers who get asked what would they do.

Lions are flooded with pass rushers so I guess they can let him walk?
Share 49ersWebzone