There are 191 users in the forums

Ziggy Ansah

Originally posted by Ninerblood:
That last play reminds me of that sack/fumble recovery on RW by Aldon in the 2013 NFC championship game in Seattle.

If only Aldon could've kept his head out of his a**. Ziggy looks very similar to Aldon as far as giving RW problems.

I thought the same thing watching that play.

This kid is talented there is no denying it. In fact I still think he might not even reached his full potential yet and could become an even better player. That being said, I do worry that he may be a bit broken down and could fizzle out in a few years. I'm all over the place on him. Part of me really wants him and feels like he could be the final piece on a potential top D-Line unit, the other says DON'T DO IT!

Will he be Gabe Wilkins or a Chris Doleman type FA signing for us?
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Feb 23, 2018 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What realistic chance do we have? Rumors already have the franchise tag on him.

Not really...I haven't seen one report from the team saying they are thinking about tagging him, just a bunch of writers who get asked what would they do.

Lions are flooded with pass rushers so I guess they can let him walk?

Maybe patrica doesn't want to pay him? Maybe he's not a total scheme fit? All I said was the team hasn't stated anything about tagging him (at least we haven't heard of from someone like Rapoport schefter). Look at the pats defense, they're not in the business of paying pass rushers for whatever reason.

Ziggy has enough question marks to where it wouldn't be shocking if that don't tag him.

Have to wait and see
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 23, 2018 at 4:31 PM ]
Maybe patrica doesn't want to pay him? Maybe he's not a total scheme fit? All I said was the team hasn't stated anything about tagging him (at least we haven't heard of from someone like Rapoport schefter). Look at the pats defense, they're not in the business of paying pass rushers for whatever reason.

Ziggy has enough question marks to where it wouldn't be shocking if that don't tag him.

Have to wait and see

I don't think he really fits Patricia's scheme. In a 3-4 where does Ziiggy fit in? I mean he could play end but that would be wasting his talent IMO. He's not fluid enough to play OLB in a 3-4. It would be like watching Andre Carter all over again trying to play outside in a 3-4. Stiff and awkward
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Have to wait and see

I don't think he really fits Patricia's scheme. In a 3-4 where does Ziiggy fit in? I mean he could play end but that would be wasting his talent IMO. He's not fluid enough to play OLB in a 3-4. It would be like watching Andre Carter all over again trying to play outside in a 3-4. Stiff and awkward

Yeah not a good fit for base downs so then you're getting a 2 down player at best. They should target a couple in the draft. Maybe go after a Trent Murphy/Gilette too.

Patricia is not a 3-4 guy anymore than he is a 4-3 guy. Like BB, it is all about matchups and playing to your talents strengths, thus why the Pats were and still are a hybrid D.

In 3-4 fronts, Ziggy could be used as an Elephant. Also need to remember teams play 60% of their snaps in sub packages so he would get plenty of opportunities to play off the edge.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I have read about the Lions having a "difficult decision" to make with Ziggy Ansah, but is it really hard not to tag a player who has the potential to challenge for the NFL sack lead? Sure, the last few seasons have been lean and he has health concerns, but this isn't the kind of guy a defense with these limitations lets leave, especially with a rookie coach coming on board. "It's a no brainer to me," said one AFC executive. "They have plenty of cap room and they don't have a lot of other options to get pass rush. What am I missing?" Another said: "Ansah won't hit the market. The first move Matt Patricia makes is letting his best rusher walk out the door? Really?" I can't see it happening either, big price tag and all.
-----------
Well f**k.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Well f**k.

?
Well f**k.

?

Sorry, should have specified . Was just responding to the executives commenting above .
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Well f**k.

?

Sorry, should have specified . Was just responding to the executives commenting above .
Pass rushers don't grow on trees, they are literally considered in the top 3-4 players needed to build a successful franchise just behind QB but in the conversation of LT and CB. Detroit isn't going to let a great one simply walk away in F/A when their next best pass rusher only managed 6 Sacks and it's pretty barren after him.

Well f**k.

?

Pass rushers don't grow on trees, they are literally considered in the top 3-4 players needed to build a successful franchise just behind QB but in the conversation of LT and CB. Detroit isn't going to let a great one simply walk away in F/A when their next best pass rusher only managed 6 Sacks and it's pretty barren after him.

Well we shall see.
Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB 11m11 minutes agoMore
Lions expected to either tag or sign DE Ansah
I guess we saw lol
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Lions expected to either tag or sign DE Ansah

this FA class sucks.

why couldn't last years be this years.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by GNS1310: