LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 216 users in the forums

OL Jonathan Cooper

Remember the NT was abuzz with how well Beadles would suit our team vs. his previous teams.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
It's a one-year deal at a position of need. Chill out.

We will literally sign at least 20 more one-year deals before training camp commences. They can't all be All-Pros, dudes. Somebody has to be a backup.

At guard all we have is backups

Cooper started 13 games last season. Was not a backup.

Fusco, Kilgore and Tomlinson were starters last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
With this signing, I think we're done with OG's. I don't see us drafting one in this draft, at least not early.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? come on man. you can not set there with a straight face and think we are fine at that spot??
This is what I inferred as well: Garnett is available.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 20, 2018 at 4:23 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
This is what I inferred as well: Garnett is available.

i am not getting my hopes up high.
You guys sure about Garnett? I'd hate to throw away a 1st-rounder just like that... (assuming we don't get anything meaningful back)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
HAHHHHH !!!

ANOTHER great signing !!!! I've wanted the guy since he was traded from either Cards of San Diego !!

The guy was a real mauler at UNC !!!

This is gonna be a good one, and I expect us to extend his contract before we get in the playoffs !!

Now this is what I call optimism! I'm praying you are right!
1. This signing is not prohibitive to drafting an OG early. That's silly.

2. The person who should feel the most pressure from this signing is Tomlinson. Cooper is a better fit for the system and brings the veteran leadership to the group.

3. He's only going to play if he beats out the competition. Shanahan and Lynch don't owe him anything. This is a simple kick-the-tires deal.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
You guys sure about Garnett? I'd hate to throw away a 1st-rounder just like that... (assuming we don't get anything meaningful back)

Doubt they move him before they see him in action. Would be idiotic and they're not idiots.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Karma:
1. This signing is not prohibitive to drafting an OG early. That's silly.

2. The person who should feel the most pressure from this signing is Tomlinson. Cooper is a better fit for the system and brings the veteran leadership to the group.

3. He's only going to play if he beats out the competition. Shanahan and Lynch don't owe him anything. This is a simple kick-the-tires deal.
Agree on all counts. I think Lynch and Kyle know they have poop at Guard right now. Why not sign Cooper, he might be less stinky poop.

How the hell does Beadles still have a job?
One of my favorite "can't miss" players from the draft when he came out, and just another reason why I should never be a GM!

Of course if he somehow put it all together in a Niner uni, I'll be pleased as punch, but not really expecting much.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
How the hell does Beadles still have a job?

NFL, Jagged NFL...not for long.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Remember the NT was abuzz with how well Beadles would suit our team vs. his previous teams.

Beadles at least had Pro Bowl creds. This dude was cut by New England and Cleveland, thrown in as trade filler by the Cards and Dallas seemingly made little attempt to re-sign him.

I think he's going head to head with Tomlinson for just a roster spot.
Another competitor in the Royal Rumble that the Niners will have to see who qualifies to play in front of Jimmy G. Definitely not the end in the search for final roster spots at interior offensive line.
Share 49ersWebzone