LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 231 users in the forums

OL Jonathan Cooper

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Also at $43,185,516 in cap space still.

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Seeing his tape from last year alone, I would rather have Cooper out there then Laken.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Thanks, We are going OL heavy in the draft then. we have to

[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 23, 2018 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Also at $43,185,516 in cap space still.

still no lineman out there that would make that big of an impact :/
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Yeah he's probably starting.

if we can get a stellar guard in the draft, having 4 top tier lineman around him will probably hide his weaknesses. He seems like a guy that wont improve the play of a low-average ranked line but can contribute alot to an already above average line.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 23, 2018 at 11:50 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Any truth to this or just spreading rumors

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/114829-guard-jonathan-coopers-one-year-deal-49ers-worth-million/

Watch us only draft one lineman later into day 2 or day 3.
Originally posted by jcs:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/114829-guard-jonathan-coopers-one-year-deal-49ers-worth-million/

possible. I think we only need one high end guard that they envision starting. We would have 4 guys (Laken, Garnett, Cooper, Magnuson) battling it out for the other spot and the other 3 guys guys will serve as backups. Gilliam is the swing tackle already but id hope we would take a shot at G that can also play tackle because i dont trust Gilliam at all
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

possible. I think we only need one high end guard that they envision starting. We would have 4 guys (Laken, Garnett, Cooper, Magnuson) battling it out for the other spot and the other 3 guys guys will serve as backups. Gilliam is the swing tackle already but id hope we would take a shot at G that can also play tackle because i dont trust Gilliam at all
I honestly think they are going to role with the Guards we have on the roster now and possibly draft an OT that can play into that rotation as we develop him.
$2M base(GTD), $2M SB, $475K RB, and $475K WK Bonus, $4,860,938 cap number, as 13 games of his $475K RB count. $4M fully GTD.

Which is less than what Brandon Fusco signed for, so definitely a better deal for us than re-signing Fusco
I just wish we could have signed him for two years because he's gonna be a good one.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I just wish we could have signed him for two years because he's gonna be a good one.

Agree

I don't think JL/KS would have spent the $$ if they didn't feel the guy would perform.

I honestly think they are going to role with the Guards we have on the roster now and possibly draft an OT that can play into that rotation as we develop him.

Possible but deep draft for the interior so you might as well take advantage of it.
I also wish we had signed Cooper to a 2 year deal. Just guarantee the 1st years salary just under 5 million. So 2 years and 10 million with 5 guaranteed. I think Cooper is gonna be good for us, I think Cooper plays LG, and I think Garnett will win the RG spot with Laken backing them up along with Magnuson.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I also wish we had signed Cooper to a 2 year deal. Just guarantee the 1st years salary just under 5 million. So 2 years and 10 million with 5 guaranteed. I think Cooper is gonna be good for us, I think Cooper plays LG, and I think Garnett will win the RG spot with Laken backing them up along with Magnuson.
i hope so, but we need some young blue chippers to make this a long term thang
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Possible but deep draft for the interior so you might as well take advantage of it.

Our needs are interesting going into this draft. I see our needs going into it being 2x CB's that are talented enough to eventually become starters, at least one LB capable of playing year one, one TE to fit the rotation, one RB to compete, one Pass Rusher to potentially start, one WR to develop, one OT to develop behind Staley and Brown capable of playing snaps year one
Lots of needs going into this draft. Personally I am hoping for Edmunds in the 1st, a CB in the 2nd, Crosby from Oregon with our 1st 3rd round pick, Crosby can be the T that we have backing up Staley and Brown, and if Brown leaves the following season, Crosby could become the starting RT. With the other 3rd round pick I would be looking for another CB or if a good WR has slipped, then go after that. With the rest of the picks I would be looking at BPA, or trading down or out of those picks and netting better picks in 2019.
Share 49ersWebzone