LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 238 users in the forums

OL Jonathan Cooper

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I hope Suh isn't a Pooper Scooper.

No worries, there's insurance if Coop can't hang...Jet will stick a vicious elbow to Suh's ribs or break his fat legs

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/190602-jerick-jet-mckinnon-49er/page155/
Last yr Cowboys had the "best OL in the NFL"...in big Jer's mind anyway. They had two OLs who just were terrible blockers, and one game one guy gave up 5 of the 6 sacks on Dak. Someone please tell me Cooper was not one of those. I am asking out of ignorance waiting for my bro to return from vacation, and when he is back in Ft Worth will ask him. Meantime, anyone know if Coop was one of those ...or not.?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Last yr Cowboys had the "best OL in the NFL"...in big Jer's mind anyway. They had two OLs who just were terrible blockers, and one game one guy gave up 5 of the 6 sacks on Dak. Someone please tell me Cooper was not one of those. I am asking out of ignorance waiting for my bro to return from vacation, and when he is back in Ft Worth will ask him. Meantime, anyone know if Coop was one of those ...or not.?

Chaz Green gave up 6 sacks one game. It wasn't Cooper. Clayborne said he had only 1 pass rushing move, and Green never made adjustments to it.

Edit - Byron Bell was the guy that gave up one of those 6
[ Edited by saniner on Apr 1, 2018 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

yeah that was vs Clayborn in ATL who was playing on the EDGE vs Chaz. Cooper actually wasn't awful last yr. IMO it's about the same as having Fusco (with more athletic ability)
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 2, 2018 at 7:12 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
yeah that was vs Clayborn in ATL who was playing on the EDGE vs Chaz. Cooper actually wasn't awful last yr. IMO it's about the same as having Fusco (with more athletic ability)

Perfect description.
IDK, but it sure seemed to me Fsco before the arrival of JimmyG was unable to protect either Hoyer or CJ. It wasn't until JG appeared that Fsco suddenly didn't look horrible. But for JGs 5 games he was tolerable due to JGs quick release. I thot Fsco was awful in pass pro until JG arrived on scene. And you all are comparing Coop to Fsco? Ouch.

Not that it matters, because Fsco is gone. But Cooper reminds you all of Fsco? That isn't a compliment.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 2, 2018 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Please, someone give me a reason to say pooper in the Cooper thread. I've tried to come up with clever phrases all day, but nothing made sense.

I thought, would you take it in the pooper for Cooper?

Or

At 300 plus ponds Cooper must be a super pooper.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

• thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Please, someone give me a reason to say pooper in the Cooper thread. I've tried to come up with clever phrases all day, but nothing made sense.

I thought, would you take it in the pooper for Cooper?

Or

At 300 plus ponds Cooper must be a super pooper.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

There is such a thing called a 'scoop block' so if he makes a scoop block on a DLman that plays like poop then you can call him Cooper the pooper scooper.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Perfect description.

I'd be perfectly ok with that. I thought Fusco did quite well last year. He looked bad in run blocking sit because of T. Brown - at least as far as i saw on film. And p. Blocking, he had Beadles next to him for 3 games. It makes it look like the right side was a leaky fire hydrant.
Originally posted by thl408:
There is such a thing called a 'scoop block' so if he makes a scoop block on a DLman that plays like poop then you can call him Cooper the pooper scooper.

Thanks saniner and NY. That game was sooo bad and I couldn't remember who the bozo was that was so horrible. Glad to know it wasn't cooper.
More like a Pooper Stomper.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I hope Suh isn't a Pooper Scooper.

Perfect description.

We're not even Gonna give him a chance as a good system fit
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Perfect description.

He was talking about just straight production last year...about the same. But yes, Cooper has more upside in our zone heavy scheme.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Perfect description.

He was talking about just straight production last year...about the same. But yes, Cooper has more upside in our zone heavy scheme.

Well Fusco came around later in the season and graded pretty well.. Hoping Cooper brings the juice. Love me some prove it deals
Share 49ersWebzone