LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 241 users in the forums

OL Jonathan Cooper

Except for Hopkins, that entire 1st round was a bust.
Originally posted by jcs:

He could end up stealing one of the starting spots...

s**t didn't look to shabby there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Maybe he's better suited for the ZBS ????

Nah he sucks. Awful pass protector.
we have been told we are supposed to trust the process and . how does that go?.. whatever lynch and kyle do is fine with me. you are probably right but he is a body. we need some of them and i am really hoping they will draft a guard on day two and three. if they spend the first round pick on a guard , thats fine to
Fodder
Lol that video embarrassing. Reid playing WLB, dudes fresh off the street on the DL. It looked like Jim O'Neil's gap integrity.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Cowboys and Cardinals ran power right?

Might be a much better fit here like Weston Richburg?

If a guy sucks in pass protection everywhere he goes, how a team run blocks isn't going to make him any better in that area.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Maybe he's better suited for the ZBS ????

Nah he sucks. Awful pass protector.

Don't be a negative Nancy, Phoenix.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

If a guy sucks in pass protection everywhere he goes, how a team run blocks isn't going to make him any better in that area.

i see people are calling you negative just cuz you have a concern about this guy. see how it works?
He started 13 games for the Cowboys last season... I really don't think we're bringing him in to be fodder... I think we're bringing him in to compete for a starting job.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jcs:

He could end up stealing one of the starting spots...

s**t didn't look to shabby there

Yeah, at least in those snaps, you can see how that skill set would translate here.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He started 13 games for the Cowboys last season... I really don't think we're bringing him in to be fodder... I think we're bringing him in to compete for a starting job.
i hope our first or second round pick will take one of those starting guard spots
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Lol that video embarrassing. Reid playing WLB, dudes fresh off the street on the DL. It looked like Jim O'Neil's gap integrity.

He faced our best Olineman in pass protection in that video and stone walled Buckner.

But...but Trenton Brown...

The Cowboys OL was a mess last year. They had dudes like Cooper and Chaz Green starting.

That's actaully pretty sad considering how much cap space we had and still have.
Share 49ersWebzone