LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 291 users in the forums

OL Jonathan Cooper

Originally posted by jcs:
He faced our best Olineman in pass protection in that video and stone walled Buckner.

On 1 snap. Does that impress you?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He started 13 games for the Cowboys last season... I really don't think we're bringing him in to be fodder... I think we're bringing him in to compete for a starting job.

That's actaully pretty sad considering how much cap space we had and still have.

Well let's see how much we paid Cooper. He signed a $2M one-year deal with Dallas and that was before his (arguably) best season.

If Cooper does end up being a starter, I think it says a lot about how Shanahan feels about Richburg and Staley/Brown. Probably feels that if Cooper could make it work between very good linemen in Dallas, he can make it work between Richburg and one of our tackles.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:45 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It's a one-year deal at a position of need. Chill out.

We will literally sign at least 20 more one-year deals before training camp commences. They can't all be All-Pros, dudes. Somebody has to be a backup.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by jcs:
He faced our best Olineman in pass protection in that video and stone walled Buckner.

On 1 snap. Does that impress you?

It shows his potential. If you look at the game log we only had two hits on the QB in that game.
Originally posted by okdkid:

We will literally sign at least 20 more one-year deals before training camp commences. They can't all be All-Pros, dudes. Somebody has to be a backup.

At guard all we have is backups

At guard all we have is backups

Cooper started 13 games last season. Was not a backup.
HAHHHHH !!!

ANOTHER great signing !!!! I've wanted the guy since he was traded from either Cards of San Diego !!

The guy was a real mauler at UNC !!!

This is gonna be a good one, and I expect us to extend his contract before we get in the playoffs !!
Early injuries kept him out. Took hold as a starter once he was healthy and got a chance. We will see. We have a different scheme than DAL but NE traded for him where he got hurt. They run some good stretch stuff.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He started 13 games for the Cowboys last season... I really don't think we're bringing him in to be fodder... I think we're bringing him in to compete for a starting job.

That's actaully pretty sad considering how much cap space we had and still have.

We don't spend enuf moneys!
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
I do not understand this signing at all. It makes perfect sense.
I meant to ask before, are you a K.J. Parker fan? Just curious since Poldarn is a character in the Scavenger Trilogy by him.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
LT Staley
LG Garnett
C Richburg
RG Cooper
RT Brown

Get ready to hear 20 more times that people are upset those are not all pros.
Originally posted by mayo49:
LT Staley
LG Garnett
C Richburg
RG Cooper
RT Brown

Swapping out one bust in Tomlinson for another in Cooper.

No thanks Jeff. This dude was Chilo Rachal bad with the Cards.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LT Staley
LG Garnett
C Richburg
RG Cooper
RT Brown

Cooper nearly single-handedly killed Carson Palmer on multiple occasions. If he somehow wound up as the starter than that means the team bombed at upgrading the position in the draft and that Jimmy better upgrade his life insurance policy.
Share 49ersWebzone