There are 150 users in the forums

Grady Jarrett, NT/DT

I know this probably won't be a popular thread, but IDGAF because Grady Jarrett is an animal and one of my favorite players in the league. If the Falcons are dumb enough to let him walk, the 49ers should be all over him. He would be a huge upgrade over Mitchell and would allow Saleh to keep him on the field in all downs because he gets after the passer. I know people are going to bring up Solomon needing those interior snaps, but look, here's the reality. Solly hasn't shown s**t. I really liked Solly coming out, but we can't allow him to prevent us from improving the defense next year. If the team wants to upgrade Earl Mitchell in a big way, Grady Jarrett would be a huge pickup.

(insert EDGE here) - Jarrett - Buckner - Bosa That would be a drastically improved pass rush.

Grady dominated in Super Bowl LI vs New England

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 30, 2018 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I know this probably won't be a popular thread, but IDGAF because Grady Jarrett is an animal and one of my favorite players in the league. If the Falcons are dumb enough to let him walk, the 49ers should be all over him. He would be a huge upgrade over Mitchell and would allow Saleh to keep him on the field in all downs because he gets after the passer. I know people are going to bring up Solomon needed those interior snaps, but look, here's the reality. Solly hasn't shown s**t. I really liked Solly coming out, but we can't allow him from preventing us from improving the defense next year. If the team wants to upgrade Earl Mitchell in a big way, Grady Jarrett would be a huge pickup.

(insert EDGE here) - Jarrett - Buckner - Bosa That would be a drastically improved pass rush.

Grady dominated in Super Bowl LI vs New England

Thanks for this. The Niners do need an upgrade over Mitchell. Jarrett would be a great pickup to help anchor the inside and make much more of an impact than Mitchell...is there a good chance he gets away from the Falcons though?
Why not.

They don't seem to be a big fan of DJ Jones. We're apparently going with the youth movement on this team, and yet, Jones still can't seem to get snaps over Mitchell.
This team has too many DTs. Alot would have to change on the roster for this to even be a realistic possibility.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This team has too many DTs. Alot would have to change on the roster for this to even be a realistic possibility.

Too many "meh" DTs. Every single one of those guys outside of Buckner is expendable. The proposition of adding Grady Jarrett is about improving the team and adding a player who can take over a game. Grady would allow the defense to remain stout in nickel while also generating a pass rush, which is something Saleh tries to do with Earl Mitchell(and fails miserably).
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 26, 2018 at 12:30 PM ]

Too many "meh" DTs. Every single one of those guys outside of Buckner is expendable. The proposition of adding Grady Jarrett is about improving the team and adding a player who can take over a game. Grady would allow the defense to remain stout in nickel while also generating a pass rush, which is something Saleh tries to do with Earl Mitchell(and fails miserably).

I think it's a long shot man. But maybe since Kyle knows him.

Good point. I'm sure Kyle's OL had their asses kicked plenty by Jarrett during his time in ATL. I think if the Niners cannot acquire a quality edge in free agency, they should prioritize Jarrett(assuming he hits FA).
Cut Mitchell, AA, and the only interior lineman are Jones, Buckner, Thomas and Day, if he's a free agent the niners need to sign him..he's an upgrade over all and him next to Buckner would be amazing, Bosa and Ray off the edge and my dream line is complete..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Cut Mitchell, AA, and the only interior lineman are Jones, Buckner, Thomas and Day, if he's a free agent the niners need to sign him..he's an upgrade over all and him next to Buckner would be amazing, Bosa and Ray off the edge and my dream line is complete..

Would be nice
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He'll get the tag as one of the best players on their defense (Falcons).

Would love it
If you're going to play a nose 50% of the time might as well have a good one. I'd be down.

Good point. I'm sure Kyle's OL had their asses kicked plenty by Jarrett during his time in ATL. I think if the Niners cannot acquire a quality edge in free agency, they should prioritize Jarrett(assuming he hits FA).

Just curious, who are some other FA's you would like to be Niners next year?
Yes, if the Falcons are dumb enough not to resign him. We can afford him and we will have a badass Line. But it's up to the Falcons though..
If Saleh wants to stay big/strong and active in the middle, this would be a good move. One of the beat writers mentioned Sheldon Richardson as an option too.

How would you play he and Buckner together, Hero? Would you play them differently than Mitchell and Buckner?
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 28, 2018 at 7:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone