There are 115 users in the forums

Grady Jarrett, NT/DT

Originally posted by NCommand:
If Saleh wants to stay big/strong and active in the middle, this would be a good move. One of the beat writers mentioned Sheldon Richardson as an option too.

How would you play he and Buckner together, Hero? Would you play them differently than Mitchell and Buckner?

Jarrett and Buckner would be used exactly how Saleh plays Mitchell and Buckner except Jarrett would never come off the field.

Sheldon Richardson is another 3t. We don't need another one of those.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 28, 2018 at 9:47 AM ]
I remember watching Jarrett in college, he was just dominate. He has become one of my favorite players in the league. Everyone keeps saying we don't need any more DT like previous posters have mentioned our have been terrible. Adding a player like Jarrett would change so much for this defense.
I would love him or Sheldon Richardson
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I remember watching Jarrett in college, he was just dominate. He has become one of my favorite players in the league. Everyone keeps saying we don't need any more DT like previous posters have mentioned our have been terrible. Adding a player like Jarrett would change so much for this defense.

^ Thanks Hero.

Need? I wouldn't say it's a pressing need and the FO would have trouble justifying a big DT FA move after all the resources used there and given we have to pay Buckner.

It'll most likely continue to be what it is...swap out Mitchell for Jones. Still some AA, Day and Thomas inside in nickel.

Dominant and dominate. One is an adjective, the other is a verb.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Who says I got no good grammar.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Init. Nar wot Imin?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
They should absolutely make a big run at him.

But their love affair for Solomon Thomas won't allow them to do it.
Originally posted by okdkid:

love affair? they've done everything wrong to help the kid.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol. It's like a love affair in an abusive relationship.

Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol. It's like a love affair in an abusive relationship.

This.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

Can't be worse than payed instead of paid.

Irregardless vs regardless.
This guy still is my #1 target in FA. Talk about making everyone around him better. This guy seriously is exactly what we will need with missing out on an elite player like Bosa. Having him in the lineup we could drastically improve our run defense and our pass rush from the interior. If Thomas is "great" inside what would people say if we signed this guy? Instantly the second best defender on our team and possibly the most important day one. Good kid too. Please Lynch make it happen.
This guy still is my #1 target in FA. Talk about making everyone around him better. This guy seriously is exactly what we will need with missing out on an elite player like Bosa. Having him in the lineup we could drastically improve our run defense and our pass rush from the interior. If Thomas is "great" inside what would people say if we signed this guy? Instantly the second best defender on our team and possibly the most important day one. Good kid too. Please Lynch make it happen.

I don't see why ATL lets him go? Also I can't see SF investing more stock into the interior. I agree he's good. don't see it happening though.
DJ Jones has replaced Mitchell, maybe for good and Thomas has come on INSIDE last few weeks, hell even AA has been playing well. and Street and Julian are good backup LDE, so we just need a RDE.. We just need an Edge guy
Share 49ersWebzone