There are 114 users in the forums

Grady Jarrett, NT/DT

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This guy still is my #1 target in FA. Talk about making everyone around him better. This guy seriously is exactly what we will need with missing out on an elite player like Bosa. Having him in the lineup we could drastically improve our run defense and our pass rush from the interior. If Thomas is "great" inside what would people say if we signed this guy? Instantly the second best defender on our team and possibly the most important day one. Good kid too. Please Lynch make it happen.

I don't see why ATL lets him go? Also I can't see SF investing more stock into the interior. I agree he's good. don't see it happening though.

The Falcons have the 3rd least amount of cap space and only 400,000 more than the Rams with the least. I think the fact that Jarrett plays NT in base not 3tech could make it a real possibility.

I just don't see the downside. IMO Jarrett is the best 4-3 NT in the game right now. Many people on here hated the Kyle Juszczyk signing yet he has become easily the best FA signing we have had so far. People cited that fullback isn't an important position just like NT but yet he's been undoubtedly one of our most consistent and important players on the team. That is what we have here in Grady Jarrett.

The only real investment inside is Thomas and he was drafted to play both outside and inside. I just don't see why we should put all our eggs into the Thomas basket, as the other interior rusher when given chances inside he hasn't shown one-tenth of the ability of Jarrett to rush the passer or stop the run. I like Jones and I think he can be a solid player but we need more production in our front 4. If the best outside rusher available is off the table (Bosa) we should make this defensive line solid throughout and actually have a team rush instead of one or two players getting most of the sacks. I just think a defense with this kid (plus a first-round edge rusher) could be enough to get us over the hump. I'm tired of having second or third rate players and thinking that is enough because it clearly isn't working.
Wants Aaron Donald money, that may be an issue. He ain't Aaron Donald.
https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/12/21/18152206/report-grady-jarrett-asking-for-aaron-donald-money-contract-extension-cap-space-oh-my-god-no
Originally posted by Rathof44:
https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/12/21/18152206/report-grady-jarrett-asking-for-aaron-donald-money-contract-extension-cap-space-oh-my-god-no

Did you read that article?

"Update: Dave Archer has since retracted his prior statement regarding Jarrett's contract demands, making all of this fake news."
Originally posted by Heroism:

"Update: Dave Archer has since retracted his prior statement regarding Jarrett's contract demands, making all of this fake news."

BTW he is the closest player to Donald in terms of similar skillset.

Want. Want. Want.

Want. Want. Want.

Poor man's Aaron Donald, which wasn't intended as a slight at all, was my comp for him out of college lol.

Want. Want. Want.

Poor man's Aaron Donald, which wasn't intended as a slight at all, was my comp for him out of college lol.

Same! It was crazy he dropped to the 5th I had him as a late first rounder.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Can you say franchise tag?

[Before I hear the cap space argument, Atlanta will restructure, cut guys to make it happen]
Atl should cut Beasley for us.
The Falcons have the 3rd least amount of cap space and only 400,000 more than the Rams with the least. I think the fact that Jarrett plays NT in base not 3tech could make it a real possibility.

I just don't see the downside. IMO Jarrett is the best 4-3 NT in the game right now. Many people on here hated the Kyle Juszczyk signing yet he has become easily the best FA signing we have had so far. People cited that fullback isn't an important position just like NT but yet he's been undoubtedly one of our most consistent and important players on the team. That is what we have here in Grady Jarrett.

The only real investment inside is Thomas and he was drafted to play both outside and inside. I just don't see why we should put all our eggs into the Thomas basket, as the other interior rusher when given chances inside he hasn't shown one-tenth of the ability of Jarrett to rush the passer or stop the run. I like Jones and I think he can be a solid player but we need more production in our front 4. If the best outside rusher available is off the table (Bosa) we should make this defensive line solid throughout and actually have a team rush instead of one or two players getting most of the sacks. I just think a defense with this kid (plus a first-round edge rusher) could be enough to get us over the hump. I'm tired of having second or third rate players and thinking that is enough because it clearly isn't working.

Falcons have $24 million in cap space for 2019, If they move on from Vic and Alford that alone frees up another $20 million.

Dude wants to get paid and we have a guy currently that will be paid like a top 5 DT.

Whoops, hard to believe I missed that. LOL. My bad.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Dec 28, 2018 at 7:51 AM ]

Sorry kids

Sorry kids

But i thought you said they would have to get rid of Beasley?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Highly talented players don't hit FA. We can move on.
Sorry kids

I said they can clear up cap space (by moving on from Beasley), you said they didn't have any money

they will have around $30 million next yr (roll over like $6 million) before they even cut/restructure contracts.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 3, 2019 at 2:44 PM ]
Sorry kids

I said they can clear up cap space (by moving on from Beasley), you said they didn't have any money

they will have around $30 million next yr (roll over like $6 million) before they even cut/restructure contracts.

I think I read 2018 cap space instead of 2019.
Share 49ersWebzone