LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 161 users in the forums

Trade idea (Julio Jones)

This idea popped into my head this morning. Jimmy G. for Julio Jones feels like a win, win for both teams imo.. Thoughts ? Wait a second, let me crawl into my bomb shelter before you launch your Scuds. Ok , go ahead.
So JG to back up Matt Ryan in Atl? Makes zero sense.
Originally posted by Anegada1:
This idea popped into my head this morning. Jimmy G. for Julio Jones feels like a win, win for both teams imo.. Thoughts ? Wait a second, let me crawl into my bomb shelter before you launch your Scuds. Ok , go ahead.

So, who would be our starting qb?
Originally posted by English:

Who ever we draft at 3.
Originally posted by evil:

My thought was he might be a longer term answer for them than Ryan. Salaries seem relatively even between Julio and Jimmy G.
I Love this idea. I don't know if Atlanta will. But as a 49er fan I'm in
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I Love this idea. I don't know if Atlanta will. But as a 49er fan I'm in

No question it's a long shot but it crossed my mind ….
Lol this makes absolutely 0 sense, ATL is not getting rid of Ryan with that contract now and Jimmy is not backing up for like 20 mil plus
Hey Anegada1 its good to share random thoughts, we all get em, respect for sharing but it wont happen as Fred shared, and the Julio talk was to help shape the Mac Jones and Trade Jimmy talk...why were going so hard in the paint at #3 with smoke screens... LOL i have zero clue man... but Julio wont be a niner and Jimmy will be our QB in 2021 and Trey Lance will be waiting in the wing when the time comes... for me I've got a few WR's in the draft that would transform our team: Terrace Marshall, Dyami Brown, Jaelon Darden, Cade Johnson, Josh Palmer, Johnathon Adams Jr.
Makes sense Irish ! Go Niners !

Who ever we draft at 3.

No. They won't start Lance and probably not Fields in my view. Even Jones would benefit from some time on the bench.
No. They won't start Lance and probably not Fields in my view. Even Jones would benefit from some time on the bench.

Most likely you are correct, but stranger things have happened.

My thought was he might be a longer term answer for them than Ryan. Salaries seem relatively even between Julio and Jimmy G.

The restructure Atlanta & Ryan did means he isn't going anywhere this year, they simply cannot afford to trade him.
9moon alt account?

Their contracts are not the same, we'd only take on a $1.4M or $2.8M dead hit, since he needs to be dealt in June because Julio's deal is horrendous, the Falcons would have to take on $23.5M, while Julio is only around $15.3M, and they're in cap hell, they need to redo deals just to sign their picks, unless they deal Julio, idk why they would even want to do this.

Also I doubt ATL would want Jimmy, plus straight up, we'd rape them, they'd want high round picks, no 1st's in 2022 & 2023, we have our 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd, 2023 3rd, & the 2023 Comp 3rd, I'd rather keep those picks, plus it would be very tough cap wise to take him on, I project around $15M in cap room in 2022 after Jimmy's traded or cut, with a Warner extension costing $5.5M in 2022($18M-$20M a yr), along with escalated base salaries for Deebo, Dre, & Wishnowsky due to the PPE(Proven Performance Escalator), plus all of our 8 picks, and after Richburg retires, so it's a hard pass.

And I don't want the 49ers redoing deals again, 2022 is only rough because of COVID, should have been $230M ish, will be $203M-$205M, beyond 2022, we're fine, by 2024 the cap will explode to like $260M, some players think 2023 will be the yr, but it's most likely 2024, COVID may still have an effect on 2023, which would be crazy, I don't get how they don't raise the cap by 2023, I get 2022, because we have no idea if the NFL will have packed stadiums, I'm guessing Masks, and being Fully Vaccinated will be required. If they do, maybe the cap in 2022 does hit $230M, but they'd need to make up what they lost in 2020, revenue wise. Plus the new TV deals don't begin till 2023, that's why most believe the jump will be in 2024.
Share 49ersWebzone