LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Trade idea (Julio Jones)

Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Well he's a Titan. Was a great idea though! I think this might be one Lynch regrets.

Nah. Lynch will sleep well. We don't yet know what the Titans gave up, but they likely had more to offer than the 49ers do.

2nd and a 5th.

I stand corrected, that seems reasonable. If we were offering the same thing I see why the Falcons chose the Titans' offer over ours, the Titans with Jones are not likely to have a better record than the 49ers when the 2021 season is over. That said, I understand if folks are disappointed, but I won't cry over this. Slight chance I will be crying when the season is over but I doubt that. We'll see how it all plays out, and we'll be seeing the Titans in Tennessee late in the season.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
To help the Titans get under the cap I wouldnt hate helping. Take Harold Landry and Darrynton Evans off their hands.

Now that is something I would entertain as I am more worried about our defense than our offense.
A 2nd and a 4th for Julio and a 6th??

Atlanta is gonna be bad for a while I think.
Well he's a Titan. Was a great idea though! I think this might be one Lynch regrets.

Nah. Lynch will sleep well. We don't yet know what the Titans gave up, but they likely had more to offer than the 49ers do.

2nd and a 5th.

I stand corrected, that seems reasonable. If we were offering the same thing I see why the Falcons chose the Titans' offer over ours, the Titans with Jones are not likely to have a better record than the 49ers when the 2021 season is over. That said, I understand if folks are disappointed, but I won't cry over this. Slight chance I will be crying when the season is over but I doubt that. We'll see how it all plays out, and we'll be seeing the Titans in Tennessee late in the season.

I think the part for us that didn't work was that Atlanta is not picking up any of his salary.
As nice as having Julio Jones would have been, I'm glad we won't have issues resigning Warner and Bosa because of it, well at least financially.
Wanted him. Oh well, at least he's not in the NFC., especially the West.
  • thl408

2nd and a 5th.

Good point. Oh well, was fun to think about Julio on the 49ers. Bright side is it will be easier to retain Warner/Bosa/Deebo/Greenlaw.
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Jun 6, 2021 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Show of hands if you woulda sent a 2nd and a 4th to Atlanta for Julio???

And all of a salary apparently….no thanks

This!
over the past week, didnt really think the Niners would end up with him anyway. still wont put TEN over the top IMO. happy to not see him in SEA or LAR.

Titans took on the entire contract, gave a 2nd & 5th and are in the afc. Not sure we could've done anything
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Glad that nonsense is over.

Yeah. Nonsense considering we don't have a #1, we have the capspace, he has history with Shanahan, he asked for a trade, etc.

You may not have wanted him for whatever silly reason, but the fit made sense and absolutely wasn't nonsense.

Couldn't afford him. Pure nonsense from the beginning.
Titans got a great deal. Niners miss out on another star player via trade.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
A 2nd and a 4th for Julio and a 6th??

Atlanta is gonna be bad for a while I think.

I mean they weren't gonna get anything more than that imo. Not at his age and salary hit.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Wanted him. Oh well, at least he's not in the NFC., especially the West.

+1
Share 49ersWebzone